HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #6 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders | CEC | 1.29.13 | 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Luigi Lemieux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I can't stand when people blame this team's roster for their lack of effort. It's such a ******** excuse. Geno was dominating with Fedotenko and Talbot. Crosby was killing it w/ Billy G and Kunitz. Come the hell on, people.

This is all piss-poor effort. This team is playing with ZERO heart. That's all it is. A pumped up AHL team with desperation could beat the Pens. We don't win battles.. **** we don't even battle to begin with.
Yeah this is the biggest thing. In 08-09, remember the 6-1 loss to the panthers? or the 6-2 loss to the leafs? Played exactly the way they are here.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberts View Post
But then we're going to get more of the same garbage with Granato, Hynes or Reirden.

If they fire Bylsma, I want Ron Francis as the next head coach. But I highly doubt Disco Dan gets shown the door. And if he does, Shero will promote from within.
Problem is, if we're looking for an intense guy to light a fire...Ron Francis ain't going to be that guy.

And it doesn't matter anyway...if some fluke occurrence (namely Bylsma runs over a cop in the parking lot and drives away) happens resulting in Bylsma getting fired you know it'd just be Hynes getting promoted. Gotta keep that faultless system in place!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I can't stand when people blame this team's roster for their lack of effort. It's such a ******** excuse. Geno was dominating with Fedotenko and Talbot. Crosby was killing it w/ Billy G and Kunitz. Come the hell on, people.

This is all piss-poor effort. This team is playing with ZERO heart. That's all it is. A pumped up AHL team with desperation could beat the Pens. We don't win battles.. **** we don't even battle to begin with.
I agree with you. Even on the powerplay most of our issues boil down to a lack of will and desperation. The puck will get dumped in and nobody will chase it. We'll get outnumbered on the puck.

I will say though I'm disappointed in Sutter's lack of offense so far. That third line hasn't contributed at all offensively. We need it to, especially right now when the top two lines aren't going at all. Staal sometimes picked up the slack with that, but Sutter so far hasn't.

Old
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
If they can get 1 they'll have a little jump. The Islanders are not a good team. Despite the score. The Pens could get back into it.
Even if we score it'll be too little too late.

You heard it here first...

Old
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Honest question. This seems just like the pens played before MT got the hook. Is DB on his way out?
They seem like they're playing to get someone axed.

Old
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Thunder and lightning storm has left my satelite searching for a signal... probably for the better.

Old
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I'm about to take a massive dump on my keyboard.
I swear to God I'm going to do it.

Old
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Say the Pens pull off a miracle and score 3 on this powerplay. Does anyone here have faith that Fleury could keep it there?
MAF is the least of our worries in this game

Old
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm thinking watching this that probably half the GM's in the league would pull the trigger tonight. Ray Shero isn't one of them.
They look like a team that has quit on their coach. Why? What has Blysma done so poorly that they would act like this? I am a little out of the Pittsburgh loop. What is the problem here guys?

Old
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Every other game in the NHL right now is a one goal game or tied. And yet I find I can't turn this off.

Old
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Honest question. This seems just like the pens played before MT got the hook. Is DB on his way out?
No, DB will be here for a very very long time, IMO.

He's too friendly

Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

They may score one with about a minute left.

That won't be before they let up a goal on this next PP and have no shots and no goals of their own though.

You heard THAT here first.

Old
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Meh I really don't get to into imports. I like them, but I also like the cheaper stuff too. My pallet doesn't discriminate.
i feel like being a ****.

Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Say the Pens pull off a miracle and score 3 on this powerplay. Does anyone here have faith that Fleury could keep it there?
In the unlikely event this impossible thing actually happens, yeah, I do. The Islanders' are the most emotionally fragile group this side of the Capitals (and I guess us now, since we're Capitals West anymore with all these turnovers, cheating out of the zone and all this pouting). If they dominate you and you come back, there's a good chance of them cracking in a situation like that.

Then again, they seem to have extra jump in their legs against the pens, so, maybe they would just crack against everyone other than the Pens.

Old
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Meh I really don't get to into imports. I like them, but I also like the cheaper stuff too. My pallet doesn't discriminate.
At least give Warsteiner (Premium Verum) a shot sometime.

...I wish I'd have bought some today.

Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Remember when all of you *****ed/moaned about our roster in 2008/09? And I sat here and fought/fought/fought that it was coaching. Trust me this time again. It's coaching. The only reason we aren't playing great is because our team is not motivated behind anything our coaching is doing.

90 foot passes = turnovers. Piss-poor in-game adjustments. It's just a joke.

Old
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Problem is, if we're looking for an intense guy to light a fire...Ron Francis ain't going to be that guy.

And it doesn't matter anyway...if some fluke occurrence (namely Bylsma runs over a cop in the parking lot and drives away) happens resulting in Bylsma getting fired you know it'd just be Hynes getting promoted. Gotta keep that faultless system in place!
I'm starting to think Shero's on the clock soon as well. This offseason was a disaster.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

Even if we score ... THERE IS ZERO EMOTION in this team. Show us something Pens!

Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
And I completely disagree with people dogging Shero. Guy does a tremendous job.

Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
i feel like being a ****.

palate

Old
01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
America is probably the 2nd best beer country in the world, just because of the sheer amount of different options out there and the still-booming microbrew business. Explore a little and you'll find a lot of goodies.

It always makes me laugh when Canadians make fun of American beer...yeah, we all know Bud Light sucks. That's not what most of us are drinking.

On that note...I really hope the Penguins have an open bar in the locker room. I just want to see what this team plays like when drunk. It literally can't be worse than how they play sober.

Old
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
3 goals? I'm just hoping for ONE shot.
I laughed....then cried a little

Really hope upper-management is really noticing the flaws in this team. Things can't be fixed with a snap of the fingers, but when the same **** is the problem for 3 consecutive years and you don't try to fix it...well....go **** yourself San Diego.

Old

Are we still blaming MAF for these goals or do people know that a goalie isn't supposed to go side to side that much?

Sids playing some piss poor hockey and not just by his standards. Turning over pucks in every zone and really, REALLY bad defensively.

Old
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Vokoun in.

Old
Gooch

Even if Shero would go so far as to fire Byslma (which I don't think he would) he'd probably just replace him with Dale Hunter or someone like him. This under performing team is as much Shero's fault as it is Bylsma. Pretty much every major piece of the team came the way of the prior gm, even the trade chip used to acquire Neal, and Kunitz. We dress turds to play with Crosby and Malkin and meanwhile when blatant upgrades are available they either don't get drafted or don't get claimed, or don't get signed because they don't fit the "system" which apparently requires you to suck at hockey but try hard.

Closed Thread