HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Rangersfan21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
You guys are making the nojhl look real bad! I've yet to see Therrien play but he had 91 points in 48 games last year, really makes me wonder about that league. I really don't think its too late for Nepean to switch things up a bit, they clearly aren't playing to their full potential. Only players I wouldn't waste time splitting up are Hedges and Neil.
the NOJHL is by far the weakest jr.A league, I think they would be bottom 4 in this league

Old
01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
ottawa pro
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
But I thought PLK were packing it in after the Drouin trade? No?
Well look like PLK ARE ON A ROLL so let forget about trade and stand behind PLK AND NEW COACHING STAFF

Old
01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa pro View Post
Well look like PLK ARE ON A ROLL so let forget about trade and stand behind PLK AND NEW COACHING STAFF
I agree. It was just funny how this trade was viewed here.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I agree. It was just funny how this trade was viewed here.
What's funny (or sad) is how much you like to dwell on it. How much have Diaz and Milito actually contributed to these big wins?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
What's funny (or sad) is how much you like to dwell on it. How much have Diaz and Milito actually contributed to these big wins?
Just pointing out the fact that everyone around here was denigrating these two players when they were moved to PLK without giving them a chance. Granted, Milito has been injured, but Diaz has played well since his arrival. And Drouin, well he's been a non factor for Nepean.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Tarzan

[QUOTE=canadianscanadians;58500175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Ill give you love for CP. I love the way they play, their compete, their enthusiasm ect. Great group of athletic hockey players. In my opinion, very well coached. I believe more people would actually praise CP more if...Clarke didnt strut around like such an a--hole. That and his total dominance over the weak minded and weak kneed referees he intimidates. It is hard to appreciate a team when the coache's head is bigger than his ass and belly combined. Before anyone complains...please note that I think that he is a very good coac...personality aside.

Boo hoo hoo...can't handle a little yelling??? McInnis, Keefe, Gill (when he was in Brockville), Grady or fat little Jennings (which is pure comedy when he loses it, as an a/c no less) any better??? You get this week's vote for 'c'mon man'. The refs could care less about getting yelled at - it's in their DNA. I'm sure they're all afraid of Clarke waiting for them in the parking lot after the games - give your head a shake buddy. I guess that's how teams win games - the head coaches yell/intimidate the refs so much that they play the game with a man advantage the whole time. Guess that's why Pembroke won 5 in a row. I'm surprised Keefe has any vocal chords left. Rock on Tarzan...try not to swing into any more trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
I think the difference between JC and the coaches you mention is the amount of profanity that can be heard from one end of the rink to the other. I am not saying that some of the other coaches you mentioned do not yell also, but you do not hear the continual swearing. There are many rinks where you can hear one fbomb after another when he explodes. For a league that is trying to attract fans, including kids, it is not helping.
Ouch!!! Did I hit a nerve! You would almost think CanadiansCanadians was Clarke himself. Sorry coach, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Thank you Ottawa Guy. You articulated my thoughts in a more respectful way as to not offend CanadiansCanadians. I would add though that if Clarke...oops I mean CanadiansCanadians doesn't think that you can influence calls on the ice than he needs to take off the rose colored glasses. Hope that wasn't to harsh for ya!!!

Old
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Ottawa Guy

Check this Coach Out

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...6511--nhl.html

Old
01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
You guys are making the nojhl look real bad! I've yet to see Therrien play but he had 91 points in 48 games last year, really makes me wonder about that league. I really don't think its too late for Nepean to switch things up a bit, they clearly aren't playing to their full potential. Only players I wouldn't waste time splitting up are Hedges and Neil.
Theres a bunch of different combinations, it'll be interesting to see who PG puts together and who clicks. They only have a few games left to try some things out so im sure you will see a couple different looks in the next few weeks.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
PG

When is the 2013 Entry Draft held?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Bockwinkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
I hope the NAHL throws the book at that coach (and I use that term loosely). Thought it was in extremely poor taste, although perhaps I am slightly biased because I have relatives who suffer from vision impairments. I just don't feel that his actions should be celebrated.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
ORRT

For What It's Worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
When is the 2013 Entry Draft held?
Hopefully In Carleton Place. THE best hotdogs in league ( Kanata second , ottawa sens worst). But if not, gloucester does a good job.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRT View Post
Hopefully In Carleton Place. THE best hotdogs in league ( Kanata second , ottawa sens worst). But if not, gloucester does a good job.
New criteria for hosting the draft ?
Is tonight the night that the stallions fall out of the playoff picture ?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
New criteria for hosting the draft ?
Is tonight the night that the stallions fall out of the playoff picture ?
I think they'll turn it around at home with a win, they showed a bit of life vs nepean, or maybe it was the lack of from the raiders but either way im predicting a 3-2 win stallions.
If your the first place Junior Sens, who would you rather face hawks or kanata?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:13 PM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
I think they'll turn it around at home with a win, they showed a bit of life vs nepean, or maybe it was the lack of from the raiders but either way im predicting a 3-2 win stallions.
If your the first place Junior Sens, who would you rather face hawks or kanata?
Doesn't look hopeful for your prediction...at the game, now 2nd intermission.
Glad to see Foster called that time out 1st period..though really didn't help until about 3 mins left. Kanata's offense not producing and when the back end fails (often?) = disaster.
2nd goal by Kapelanski who was left so wide open....
Kanata can't take stupid offensive penalties and think that no goals will be scored!.
Must say, Hawks taking/making dumb moves being 3 up
Great hit by Watson!!
Lane making some big saves.
Guerriero/Newport? Some good saves, but not really challenged with many shots! Great defense by Hawkes and Kanata shoots right at the tender! Who coahces these guys in practise??

3rd period on...

Old
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
WhadaIknow

Why would Kanata pull Lane for the extra man with 1:46 mins...when they could not produce the last games when they were up 1 or 2 players on PP plays --scarey! The goalie has kept it to 3..should have been 5 or 6...hope it works...
Nice to see stallions come to life in the 3rd...but why so late in the game??

Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
overtheboards

Kanata is done
Only thing to determine now are the match ups

Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadaIknow View Post
Why would Kanata pull Lane for the extra man with 1:46 mins...when they could not produce the last games when they were up 1 or 2 players on PP plays --scarey! The goalie has kept it to 3..should have been 5 or 6...hope it works...
Nice to see stallions come to life in the 3rd...but why so late in the game??
Their lone goal tonight was pp, if you were paying such close attention

Old
01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 2K8
Carleton Place dresses only half of their team in a 6-2 lost to Kemptville, which tells me they wanted no part of Pembroke.

It was worse than that, the game was bad and they did not even forecheck or hardky enter the offensive zone.

Above quotes from a year ago. With Hawk in 8th spot and CP presently in 2nd, JC will have to make a decision on who he wants to play in first round. Maybe should stay away from Hawks this year.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 2K8
Carleton Place dresses only half of their team in a 6-2 lost to Kemptville, which tells me they wanted no part of Pembroke.

It was worse than that, the game was bad and they did not even forecheck or hardky enter the offensive zone.

Above quotes from a year ago. With Hawk in 8th spot and CP presently in 2nd, JC will have to make a decision on who he wants to play in first round. Maybe should stay away from Hawks this year.
Some interesting potential matchups would be;
OJS vs Hawks
CP vs Smith Falls
Nepean vs Brockville
Cornwall vs Pembroke
(if every team had played fifty games to this point and win their games in hand) The bottom two series could easily interchange, but the playoff picture will be similar to this.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Whups, we're actually supposed to have a 1,000 posts-per-thread limit at HF, went a bit overboard! So please continue discussion in Part 3 here...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1337321

Closed Thread