HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
It honestly doesn't look like a situation where his shoulder "snapped" or anything. Hopefully he just has to pop it back in or something.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Looked like he might have just popped his shoulder out and they kept him out as a precaution. That's my optimistic opinion.

Could be worse and he separated his shoulder. That could be bad.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
im having surgery for this in two weeks, had my other shoulder done about three years ago, the labrum tears almost always when a shoulder dislocates, if this is the case and he has surgery hell be out at least 3-4 months
"Almost always" is a bit of an overstatement. Yes SLAP tears occur with this injury at times.. Maybe even frequently.. But I wouldn't jump right to that.

Could be as simple as reducing the dislocation and letting it set in a sling for a week or two. Or there could be tears requiring much more attention.

Truth is, we don't know yet. Let's not jump off the bridge yet gang.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Giacomin

He liked like he was in a lot of pain. Lets hope it is not too bad

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Weird injury. Talbot definitely does not look stronger than Cally. Can't see how he could pull out someones shoulder with one hand unless he was significantly stronger. I thought it looked like he twisted Cally's arm though, i was afraid of a forearm break or something.

Who knows the extent of the injury. Could be pulled muscle, could be torn labrum, could be broken arm, could just be mild discomfort that they wanted to be check out so they didn't want to put him back out tonight.

I'm hoping its not a long term injury but I also won't discount that possibility. Labrum tear would be worst case scenario. Hopefully just a dislocated shoulder or some sort of muscle strain.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Talbot was jamming away at Lundqvist. Cally pulled him off. Talbot threw punches. He defended himself. Pretty simple. Not sure what some of you expect here. Jeez.
Yeah, some of the responses here are laughably absurd.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I popped my shoulder out once (and it immediately popped back in) and it hurt like hell at first, felt weak for 7 days or so, and was mostly ok after 2 weeks, but I had some restricted motion for a bit and I'm not a pro athlete

I think he's gonna miss some significant time, which is bad news, but we'll see what happens

Also, Talbot is the one who started dropping the glove and punching at Callahan, which prompted him to drop the gloves. Callahan didn't start the actual fight, Talbot did
Bingo. Hope you are wrong on extent of injury but I am fearing the worst.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I love fan doctors.

Let's just wait and see what the injury is.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Ha at these comments. He could've strained his shoulder. He didn't land on it. And Talbot isn't the hulk. He could've torn something or separated. I played 3 years of college with a partial tear of the labrum. He might be able to go thursday or may need a week. Maybe he needs surgery. Who knows. You guys seriously need to relax though with the overreaction.

And I don't care what anyone says, it was a 2-0 game against a rival team. They crashed the net. He acted like a captain and was pulling Talbot off. It's not like he was pulling Colton Orr off the pile so please save it and yes I'm speaking to the idiots calling it a dumb move by him. He was acting like anyone else would on the ice. And if you watch the replay it is not as if he dropped the gloves instantly or that he was looking for a fight. It was a scrum. Even Talbot was surprised he hurt his shoulder and he let up right away at the end.

Cut the crap guys. It's hockey.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
truebluegoalie

Wasn't too long ago that people complained that lundqvist was always getting run with no repercussions. Now he takes some whacks after the whistle and people are complaining when our captain steps up to do something about it. It was a freak accident and I bet if he didn't get hurt the same people saying he shouldn't be fighting would praise him and talk about leading by example.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Ha at these comments. He could've strained his shoulder. He didn't land on it. And Talbot isn't the hulk. He could've torn it something or separated. I played 3 years of college with a partial tear of the labrum. He might be able to go thursday or may need a week. Maybe he needs surgery. Who knows. You guys seriously need to relax though with the overreaction.

And I don't care what anyone says, it was a 2-0 game against a rival team. They crashed the net. He acted like a captain and was pulling Talbot off. It's not like he was pulling Colton Orr off the pile so please save it and yes I'm speaking to the idiots calling it a dumb move by him. He was acting like anyone else would on the ice. And if you watch the replay it is not as if he dropped the gloves instantly or that he was looking for a fight. It was a scrum. Even Talbot was surprised he hurt his shoulder and he let up right away at the end.

definitely not what it looked like in the least bit. he didn't look surprised. he looked indifferent. looked to me like he saw the job was done and got up without a care in the world

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I WISH I could rely on our "fighters" to do something like Cally did. All they've done this season is be useless and have staged fights.

Hope Cally is alright. Not too optimistic about it, though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

hoping for maybe just a stinger..

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Lundsanity30

yeah, its hockey guys.. Callahan didnt do anything bad really.. He was defending his teammates. thats what a captain does

Old
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM
NYR_LAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Looked like he just popped out his shoulder.

He didn't look like he was in any pain, just that he felt something was wrong.
Yep, that totally looked like a dislocated shoulder.. When that happens its not excruciating (yeah, it hurts) but you want it reset back where it belongs ASAP more than anything else... Thus, not waiting around for a trainer to come out but rushing off the ice... Usually some weakness after.. Hopefully it wasn't a major separation...

Cally doesn't screw around fighting unnecessarily... It's ridiculous to criticize his decisions there... If he beat the crap out of Talbot, you'd be cheering.

Here's hoping its short term.

NYR_LAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Man Picked
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Ha at these comments. He could've strained his shoulder. He didn't land on it. And Talbot isn't the hulk. He could've torn it something or separated. I played 3 years of college with a partial tear of the labrum. He might be able to go thursday or may need a week. Maybe he needs surgery. Who knows. You guys seriously need to relax though with the overreaction.

sorta made me LOL.

I hope he just had a stinger or an acute pain from a nerve or deltoid issue.

did anyone catch Cally trying to shoot a single leg takedown on Talbot during the middle of the scrap?

Last Man Picked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Hoping for the best, but not expecting it.

Certainly did not look good. Team will have to find a way.

01-29-2013, 08:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
definitely not what it looked like in the least bit. he didn't look surprised. he looked indifferent. looked to me like he saw the job was done and got up without a care in the world
ooook Mr. Cynical. Watch the replay. During the sequence you see Callahan mouthing something right before he goes to the ice as if to tell talbot to let up. Talbot does. When callahan goes down, Talbot looks over him almost in a confused way, mouths something to him, and callahan responds with something. I don't think there was intent at all. Talbot is not a dirty player.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Lundsanity30

so worst case scenario is Hagelin and Pyatt move to the 2nd line with Stepan and Kreider to the 3rd line with Boyle and whoever?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Where you accidentally on the curling channel? It's on ice too, I can see how you could make that mistake
You could tell that by seeing the back of his jersey? You must be a doctor.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:53 PM
3rd Guy High

You CAN NOT dislocate your shoulder and not tear your labrum. If your labrum doesnt tear your shoulder will not pop out. I had the surgery done by a surgeon who works on isles and jets shoulders.

That said, he might be able to put surgery off until the off season but it would probably just keep popping ut again, especially with his style of play.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, some of the responses here are laughably absurd.
Thank you.

Agreed 100%.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Our goons need to take out these flyer scum. BTW it looked bad. I think he's probably out for the year. And if he comes back I doubt he'll have the arm strength to lift the cup.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
headhunting at it's finest. nice job talbot smh. he threw his WHOLE weight of his body into dislocating cally's shoulder. no way in hell was that a punch. rewatch the video. that was an intentional dislocation. he puts one arm on the shoulder and pulls while he pushes all of his body into the chest. intentional 100%. talbot's reaction afterwards says it all
This is laughable.

Talbot did something that is not found much in the game anymore.

He stopped throwing when Callahan hit the ice, let go when Callahan started signaling he was hurt and motioned to the bench that the medical staff was needed.

All signs of respect.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Thank you.

Agreed 100%.
You can be positive all you want, it looked bad, we lost depth in the Nash trade and now Cally goes down..

team is farther and farther away from last year

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote