HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles - YIKES

Old
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon

vCash: 500

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Pancakes

Jeffrey and Despres played well. Everyone else sucked.

I want Dan Bylsma gone. I don't want to go into a lengthy post as to why, as Cole & everyone else have more than got that covered. I'll condense it down into this: no passion. When an ENTIRE TEAM is this disinterested, it's on the coach.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sexyllama

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
The coaching sucks but people are over estimating the team. Look at the rosters of Boston, Chicago, San Jose, LA. Then look at ours. What player not names Malkin, Crosby, Neal scares you? We lost Staal for a major downgrade in Sutter.

The coaching sucks & the team just isn't as good as people thought it was.
But we have 15 Defense prospects.. no faith in playing them... no bench space. Plenty of teams ready to grab them off waivers.

sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Malkinstheman

Why did they have to score? Now bylsma's gonna say " we didnt get into our games, until the last 2 mins. Now our goal is to build on that.

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:14 PM
aSockalypse

3 Stars:

3) Mouslon
2) Nabokov
1) CEC Beer Vendors

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

+ DJ - if a forward did something right in this game, there was a 100% chance it was him

+ Despres had his strongest game this year

- everyone

-- Bylsma. When a coach has lost his team, it looks like this game and the Winnipeg game.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
- Dan Bylsma: Look.. I blame the players for not showing up, but it's teh coaching that has to get the message and keep it in the locker room. You can't cut everyone for **** efforts. You can cut a coach for not being able to manage it. Dan Bylsma has lost the locker room as much as MT did in 08. And TRUST me.. this roster is damn good and worthy of a Cup. I said it in 08-09 and I was right. I'm saying it again. We need a change in the coaching dept.

And don't blame Shero. He's done nothing but everything he could. He makes great trades and busts his ass to get UFAs who do not come.

Trust me.. this team is good enough. They just have no desire. No heart. No passion. No anything. They went out and didn't even bother wanting to win. They just wanted to go out and get it handed over. The reason we won in 09 was because of the most unreal passion to get what was taken from them. They felt their hearts break losing the Cup and they went out every night to die to get it back when Bylsma took over. They bought in and went full 200%.

Goodbye - Bylsma. You are MT all over again. It's the players fault too, but lord knows we can't cut everyone.
Almost always of a mind with you Cole, but I really think we need to exercise some patience here.

Last year's stretch run after Sid came back was frustrating.
The playoffs were frustrating.
The games so far this season have been frustrating.

But the season started under extenuating circumstances, and we are hardly the only quality team struggling out of the gate. Giving it a month to see if this is primarily a timing/rust issue is the prudent course.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Matt Damon

- Line Juggling

Pretty hard to get into any kind of flow and build chemistry with your line mates when you have no clue as to who you're lining up with from one minute to the next.

Matt Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

I'd say Shero's line of thinking is a trade needs to happen first. Then if that does nothing, Bylsma is next.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mpp9

Ownership has to get involved. Need a shakeup. I can't see normal Shero canning DB. But I also can't see Mario watching that farce last postseason and seeing this and sitting on his hands. Burkle gave the ok to offer 100 million dollar contracts to Parise and Suter. If I'm them, I'm getting involved.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Terrible game all around.

The PP is a ****ing abortion.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

Dey are soff, like I never seen soff before. I really dink their goal is to be the warst defense in dey league.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

I loved the defensive defensemen the Pens developed, did you see him out there against the opponents top lines, performing well, making plays against superstars?

Brian Strait!

(I'm actually not that upset about it, but whatever, WE HAVE BEN LOVEJOY)

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sexyllama

BTW, does DB and Tomlin situation seem eerily similar. Took over a good team, one the big won, then all downhill....

sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
And who does he hire?
Dallas eakins? Scott Stevens? Doug Weight? I know its been said that star players dont work out but stevens and weight were tough players and great leaders

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Tellmeister

Lets hope that Mario and Burkle steps in because this is terrible.

I really belived in Bylsma after the cup. He got some early exists in the playoffs but I thought it was because of injurys (except for last year).

He got arguably the two best players in the world but he still can't make us play like not ****.

I've been watching a lot of hockey since NHL came back and seeing less talented team play like they are the best teams in the world compared to us pisses be off.

Sorry for the drunk rant but **** how we are playing.

Tellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
od71

Guys, I'm glad I didn't watch that BS game!!!
I miss Staal, I miss Malkin-Kulemin-Mozyakin chemistry
The team is going to have changes

od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MonsterSurge

+ Despres
- The rest of the team

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hctopcheds11

I actually thought Jeffrey made a lot of really nice plays.

For me, Despres, Jeffrey and Vitale were our only plus players.

Things have to change. I don't disagree that Bylsma deserves a lot of blame but I think thr glaring holes on 87's wings and our defensive personnel being just average will hold us back from bring a favorite in the East.

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
+ Despres: Great game.. sadly. Sadly because nobody else decided they wanted to join him. He played great all game long.

+ Vitale: Because we lovehis heart. He plays like Talbot played in 08.

- Dan Bylsma: Look.. I blame the players for not showing up, but it's teh coaching that has to get the message and keep it in the locker room. You can't cut everyone for **** efforts. You can cut a coach for not being able to manage it. Dan Bylsma has lost the locker room as much as MT did in 08. And TRUST me.. this roster is damn good and worthy of a Cup. I said it in 08-09 and I was right. I'm saying it again. We need a change in the coaching dept.

And don't blame Shero. He's done nothing but everything he could. He makes great trades and busts his ass to get UFAs who do not come.

Trust me.. this team is good enough. They just have no desire. No heart. No passion. No anything. They went out and didn't even bother wanting to win. They just wanted to go out and get it handed over. The reason we won in 09 was because of the most unreal passion to get what was taken from them. They felt their hearts break losing the Cup and they went out every night to die to get it back when Bylsma took over. They bought in and went full 200%.

Goodbye - Bylsma. You are MT all over again. It's the players fault too, but lord knows we can't cut everyone.
THIS.

Unfortunately, I don't think Ray Shero is there yet, but, make no mistake: This isn't a flat start. This isn't just the Flyers series. This is 25-30 games dating back to a few after Crosby returned. This is EXACTLY how the spiral downward happened in 2008-2009 (Bylsma was 'helped' by the end of a season), and this is EXACTLY what it looked like at the bottom, when everyone was just going through the motions and completely unresponsive to anything the coaches had to say.

Funny you mention Vitale = Talbot '08. To bad he doesn't get a shot beyond the 4th line like Talbot '08.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

+ Despres

+ Duper

+ The last two mins

- Everything from the GM to Disco to this teams stars. I'll throw Mario in there too. I'm hoping I'm wrong but this team seems to have gone candy ass by his word.

This teams playing like they want the coach fired. Just don't make fans pay for that baby ********.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

I left at the second period. The last time I did that, the Pens coach got fired. With any luck, that will happen again.

The Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Polaris Husky
The North Star

+ Despres

- There isn't even enough time to go through all of this.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
azntam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I'd say Shero's line of thinking is a trade needs to happen first. Then if that does nothing, Bylsma is next.
Probably the most rational solution. Hope that the trade shakes up the dressing room and sends a msg to the players and coaching staff that no one is safe.

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
+ Despres

+ Duper

+ The last two mins

- Everything from the GM to Disco to this teams stars. I'll throw Mario in there too. I'm hoping I'm wrong but this team seems to have gone candy ass by his word.

This teams playing like they want the coach fired. Just don't make fans pay for that baby ********.
It really seems like the country club atmosphere of the 90s has returned....

The Tang is offline   Reply With Quote