I'd love to hear his reaction if someone asked, "so, since you benched sulzer for accidentally chipping the puck over the glass last game, what happens to leopold since he gave up on a play with 5 seconds left in OT?"
- Weber fight
- I thought the team played pretty well, shots were kept to a minimal
- Foligno was all over the ice.
- Myers was a bit better (not saying much, but still...)
- Grigorenko goal. Thought he was good offensively, struggled in his own zone.
- Pominville was really good tonight. Should have had a few assists.
-Sekera on our 2nd goal.
- Sekera on their 2nd goal.
- VHP, outside of the P. Didn't do enough as our top line.
- Not cashing in on more of our chances.
- Line change with 8 seconds left. WTF.
-Miller. This game's on him. He's been solid until now.
- Leopold. Just haul him down! It doesn't matter. There is no penalty to kill in the SO. Use your head out there!!
Sekera playing possessed. I love when he gets like that.
Grigs with his first and generally dangerous
Weber played pretty damn solid in his own end
Myers had a solid game as well. Looked decisive in his own end and aggressive in the Leafs'
Stafford playing up to his potential for a game
Vanek/Pommer doing their thing
Faceoffs were much improved
Foligno playing his game was effective
...and some stuff I didn't like:
Leo giving up on the GWG. That was brutal
Miller was way off his game
Brennan seemed useless
- Grigorenko getting his first and helping dig out of the hole he put them in.
- Foligno is looking more like himself.
- Not getting completely owned at the dot.
- Pominville's goal was so patient.
- Hey Lindy, first two shifts of the second for Jersey Shore wind up in the Sabres net. Benching Sulzer left you short on the back end with a guy you don't trust and it showed. He was bad.
- Grigorenko on for the first three Leaf goals against.
- Leo. The guy can't handle all those minutes -- bad angles to the puck, bad decisions with the puck, bad decisions without the puck. Holy crap.
- Officiating. Or lack there of. Kaleta hurt and Brown gets a minor? Hecht glares at a guy and gets four? Kadri's stick plunks Foligno in the face well after his followthrough and nothing? Come the **** on.
- Miller. Holy **** he sucked tonight. Bad rebound control, late getting to pucks, weak glove. Just ****.
- Quitting on a play with less than a second left to lose a game. Your Buffalo Sabres ladies and gentlemen. Mental midgets.
- That after watching that dumpster fire of a game, I have to walk home in the rain. ****.
Yep! Lindy strikes again.
Questions which must be answered:
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
How many games must the Sabres lose and how many coaching errors must Ruff make before he is fired by Terry Pegula?
Overall, Miller had a poor game. Thought he was sharp in the 3rd. Laffs could've had 2 or 3 that period while we were running around in our zone.
This team plays terrible defense in its own zone. Our blueline isn't good, but we just play terrible team defense. Guys wide open in the slot. Too much space between defense and forwards, allowing forwards to walk right out into dangerous areas. This is the worst defensive Sabres team I've seen in awhile.