HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Snow north vs Swamp south. 7:30pm

Old
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoraces View Post
It does not matter if he touched the puck or not. He swung at a bouncing puck, he was not attempting a shot, he was not attempting a pass, he did not have control of the puck, and his stick hit an opposing player in the face. That is a penalty in this league, and maybe if it had happened against us it would not have been called, but the right call was made by those officials on that one play.

Do I need to type slower??
Apparently you do need to type slower, so that you'll actually understand it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It does not matter if he touched the puck or not. He swung at a bouncing puck, he was not attempting a shot, he was not attempting a pass, he did not have control of the puck, and his stick hit an opposing player in the face. That is a penalty in this league, and maybe if it had happened against us it would not have been called, but the right call was made by those officials on that one play.

Do I need to type slower??
It would help if you typed correct analysis as long as you're taking requests....

Unless Ward whiffing (if that's what happened, I watched the replay on slow motion and couldn't conclusively tell if it was completely missed) negates the shooting motion of dumping the puck around, you're wrong.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
The puck was bouncing along the boards, he never actually touched it, and the right call was made on this one. I don't know what happened the rest of the game, I only watched the final 5 minutes. All I can say is that this was the right call.
Oh, so now you're saying he didn't touch it?

LetsGoBears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
LetsGoBears

I would like to know what's up with these back refs calling crap when the other ref is in great position and makes no call.

LetsGoBears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:47 PM
sunnydaycrash

Really worried about Ovi and that contract....I've been against trading him but when do you start considering it?

When he's had another 2 crappy seasons and no one will take on the contract?
He looks downright miserable, completely disinterested in the game,....no hitting, not shooting like he use to and more importantly, no goals.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Bananas

I'm settling in to the belief that Ovie's decline is PED related. That or he has a very tiny ****.

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Reading the main board thread about the call reminds me of why I have far more Sens fans on my ignore list than any other fan base. Objectivity is apparently a completely foreign concept in Ottawa.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Honestly..what the **** is up with Ovechkin? Was he on steriods? You don't go from that level of play to an absolute bum. Something is ****ed up.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
I'm settling in to the belief that Ovie's decline is PED related. That or he has a very tiny ****.
The PED-related nonsense is so incredibly stupid. He played in two Olympics and 4 World Championships before his decline. If he can beat their PED screening, he could have beat anything the NHL did. Why would he have stopped juicing?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Really worried about Ovi and that contract....I've been against trading him but when do you start considering it?

When he's had another 2 crappy seasons and no one will take on the contract?
He looks downright miserable, completely disinterested in the game,....no hitting, not shooting like he use to and more importantly, no goals.
I think only if the relationship becomes toxic would the Caps really consider it (that or a really great trade offer). Until then, I think they ride him into the ground and pray he works his way through this.

Not sure if the guy has off ice problems, if he just doesn't love the game anymore, or if he's just totally lost mentally....it's one of the more sad falls from grace in a while.

David Duval is the closest recent dramatic dropoff from among the best in his craft that I can think of....

Old
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Maybe it's a Rick Vaughn thing and he needs glasses.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
The PED-related nonsense is so incredibly stupid. He played in two Olympics and 4 World Championships before his decline. If he can beat their PED screening, he could have beat anything the NHL did. Why would he have stopped juicing?
Well to be fair...Armstrong passed plenty of tests where they weren't looking for everything in those older tests...

It's not like the system is completely foolproof or above corruption.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:56 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Well to be fair...Armstrong passed plenty of tests where they weren't looking for everything in those older tests...

The races are multiple days and he was blood doping during the races.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:

But he was a monster 2009-10 season, especially pre-Olympics. His mojo was gone the next season. Why would he stop 8 months later?

The PED thing doesn't fly. It's stupid, baseless speculation.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
But he was a monster 2009-10 season, especially pre-Olympics. His mojo was gone the next season. Why would he stop 8 months later?

The PED thing doesn't fly. It's stupid, baseless speculation.
Its ALL baseless speculation, but there have been physical changes (he is smaller lately). What is it then? Lost his passion, no longer loves the game, just a mental basket case? Falls like these don't usually happen for no reason at all...

Old
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

****ing done with these losers. Dominating the game and can't finish them off. Score more than 3 goals for once Jesus ****ing Christ.

Yeah it was a bull **** call but the game never shouldve been decided by one call. And honestly, we most likely wouldn't have won anyway even without the bad call. It's really hard to win when you can't score more than 2 goals in a game. *Cough* wake the **** up Ovechkin you fat bum *coughcough*

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
It is baseless speculation, but there have been physical changes (he is smaller lately). What is it then? Lost his passion, no longer loves the game, just a mental basket case?
He's gotten bigger, if anything. His weight was up to 241 at one point post-Vancouver.

My guess is it's a mental thing. It was evident that the Vancouver loss was really hard on him. Maybe it killed some of his passion for the game and sapped his confidence? I dunno.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He's gotten bigger, if anything. His weight was up to 241 at one point post-Vancouver.

My guess is it's a mental thing. It was evident that the Vancouver loss was really hard on him. Maybe it killed some of his passion for the game and sapped his confidence? I dunno.
Yeah..a puffy water retaining 240....look now....leaner not as much mass...

Old
01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
I think only if the relationship becomes toxic would the Caps really consider it (that or a really great trade offer). Until then, I think they ride him into the ground and pray he works his way through this.

Not sure if the guy has off ice problems, if he just doesn't love the game anymore, or if he's just totally lost mentally....it's one of the more sad falls from grace in a while.

David Duval is the closest recent dramatic dropoff from among the best in his craft that I can think of....
That's what worries me, when does he get called out by McPhee or a passive coach Oates. I mean BB called him out, Hunter called him out, when the F does this guy wake up?
Been a Caps fan for 36 yrs and he's easily my fav player, but I've havent seen someone so disintested make that much coin except for, you know who,.....#68.....and considering how much we all hated Jagr,.....well it's pretty bloody sad.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ovechkin 2 shots, 2 PIMs, 1 hit in 19 mins....

That's not a $9 mil performance any way you look at it. That I expect from Ribiero.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
That's what worries me, when does he get called out by McPhee or a passive coach Oates. I mean BB called him out, Hunter called him out, when the F does this guy wake up?
Been a Caps fan for 36 yrs and he's easily my fav player, but I've havent seen someone so disintested make that much coin except for, you know who,.....#68.....and considering how much we all hated Jagr,.....well it's pretty bloody sad.
I know man...makes me sick. We wait this long to get a superstar generational player and he's turning into this...At least Jagr waiting to his mid-30s before he started mailing it in. Jagr had Cups by then at least. Makes me wanna puke.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Ovechkin 2 shots, 2 PIMs, 1 hit in 19 mins....

That's not a $9 mil performance any way you look at it. That I expect from Ribiero.
It's brutal, it's effing embarrassing !

He's turned into a punch line every time he brings the puck into the offensive zone down that left side

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:

No kidding. Everyone in the Olympics is juicing...passing tests is easy.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Halpysback

Ovechkin had a bunch of good chances in the 2nd wasted with Beagle and Crabb. Perhaps we could find some less offensively capable linemates to put him with, clearly that's the key.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Ovie's decline seems mental to me. It seems like the pressure got to him and now the game's not fun anymore. I remember the same thing happened briefly to Novak Djokovic a few years ago - when he burst onto the scene he was this happy-go-lucky guy, doing impressions after wins, having a great time... then he went through a period where the pressure seemed to overwhelm him, and he became this super serious guy who was never happy, and his game really suffered. He did manage to turn it around though, and now he's enjoying the game again and is the #1 player in the world. I'd love to find out how he recaptured his passion, because that's what Ovie needs to do, somehow.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote