Too Much Poutine: Jets look flat in 4-3 loss to Habs

Old
01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgJetsfan View Post
The Jets played a really good game tonight. The problem was Montreal's neutral zone trapping all night. They have that perfected and it was hard to break into the zone. They also played man on man or double coverage all night which made it tough to move the puck around.

The only drawback tonight was Pavs. He played horrible. All the shots that went in he had clear view and should've stopped them.

Then there was the refs. Horrible call that lead to the 4th goal. The Montreal player was rubbed out and his stick was still on the puck. Then the same exact type of play where Buff get's rubbed out and he doesn't even have the puck and no call. There was many no calls in that 3rd period against Montreal.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but even the linesmen were not doing their jobs. That third period offside calls were always so late in the Jets zone.
Uhhh they did blow them dead at the line. The crowd was too loud and you couldn't hear the whistle.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
JetsFan815

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
The sad truth about Ladd is he really isn't very gifted, can't stick-handle, pass or take a pass, great release, gritty and good 3rd line player.IMO
Ladd is hardly a 3rd line player. His numbers are in line with a solid second liner. Unfortunately he hasn't had a great start to the season.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaf7 View Post
At least our fans are still louder and more passionate. Next time.
Yeah ok... the Bell Center is one of the loudest and most passionate buildings in the league.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
wpgJetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Uhhh they did blow them dead at the line. The crowd was too loud and you couldn't hear the whistle.
No there was times where they blew the whistle when they were already shooting on pavs. I have a very good sound setup and it was played lioud. So delayed whistles.

wpgJetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Such a poor performance by referees

Disagree with statement that Price was better then Pavelec. Price was just as bad as Pavelec if not worse + Hainsey's own goal isn't Pav's fault

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:56 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Is it just me or does it look like Kane really enjoys playing with Jokinen? Hopefully a strong chemistry will build on this.

As for the power play, we really don't have that player that can control the puck and make the sharp passes. It's basically just get the puck to Buff for a one time slapper.

I hope we can at least beat Toronto this season as far as playing the other Canadian teams.

razorsedge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
As for the power play, we really don't have that player that can control the puck and make the sharp passes. It's basically just get the puck to Buff for a one time slapper.
Exactly, Buff can only do so much. Our PP is too predictable

Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
I said this after our home opener and I still stand by it: To win against the Jets you just have to play the trap, and shoot high on Pavs.

Noel doesn't adjust to this... at all.

Any team that let's the Jets play wide open in the neutral zone is in trouble. Although to be fair as many have mentioned the whole team looked off. This is best to write off,and forget it.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
thejaf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
Yeah ok... the Bell Center is one of the loudest and most passionate buildings in the league.
True, but not at the level of the MTS Centre. With saying that, looking forward to the rematch at the MTS Centre.

thejaf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
The zebras were absolutely brutal.

Any time the Jets breathed on Montreal it resulted in a penalty.
Jets had 7 PP, Habs had 6 PP

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:03 PM
SensibleGuy

One thing I noticed in the previous three good games by the Jets is that they were winning races to the puck. Tonight it barely looked like they were trying. They really seemed to be in second gear all night and Pavs seriously looked out of it at times. I could buy the illness explanation becuase they really looked off to me all night long...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
I don't understand why one of Antropov or Wheeler aren't constantly screening the goalie. They're both big and would make excellent screens. Wheeler is supposed to be a power forward not a finesse player like he seems to act like on the PP.

Basic PP principles. Get someone in front of the net and shoot the f'ing puck! The Jets NEVER have enough traffic in front of the net to get any good garbage goals.
Our PP is a continuation from last year. Same with our PK. Not getting any better. You'd think if it ain't working they would try something else. Passive PP and passive PK. Teams press the puck and we cough it up or can't get it in the zone, can't set up in the zone. On the PK we let other teams move it around almost at will.

Time for some lineup changes. Let's see Scheifele , Peluso and Redmond. Newbies play with energy and the rest of the team picks up on it. I was concerned that the Jets would come out flat and they took flatness to a new level. When the team was flat then Pavs followed and was flat. Maybe Pavs was flat so everyone else followed. Anyhow, however disappointing, we know this is a team in transition and we're not contenders yet so we can expect more games like this. Good to see us comeback from 2 goals down. Good to see Olli get his first. And it's good to see that we're getting scoring from everyone.

Onward and upward to Florida. Time to take this out on the Panthers.

Waldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Also something else that confused me, why didn't anyone drop the gloves when Kane was getting all those big hits? You are supposed to stick up for your star player. Jets may as well play Peluso if Wright is going to see 4 mins of ice time.
Speaking of..whatever happened to that Scheifele guy? Does he get to play now that the magical winning streak is broken?

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Is it just me or does it look like Kane really enjoys playing with Jokinen? Hopefully a strong chemistry will build on this.

I hope we can at least beat Toronto this season as far as playing the other Canadian teams.
We do his name is Burmi but Noel refuses to give him a shot,all a team has to do is pressure us and we lose the puck burmi is able to get out of trouble with the puck when being pressured while opening up more space.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JetsFan815

LOL Rick Ralph's TSN post game show already off to a great start. The first caller wants to run Enstrom out of town

Old
Mynameismark*

Quote:
True, but not at the level of the MTS Centre. With saying that, looking forward to the rematch at the MTS Centre.
Exactly, it's a level higher than the MTS centre.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Ladd is hardly a 3rd line player. His numbers are in line with a solid second liner. Unfortunately he hasn't had a great start to the season.
5 points in 6 games, he's more than carrying his weight from a production stand point. He didn't play all that great tonight though.

I am interested to see if Scheifele gets a shot on thursday, now might be a good time to put him in after most of our forwards laid an egg tonight.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
blueoval177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Dream on.

Clitsome at -5, what would today's stats bring it to? Need Bogo bad, would Redmond be better?

Could have used Peluso throwing the body around, Thorburn made me wince a few times...

blueoval177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Agreed 100%. I always thought last year that a lot of Kane's selfish play came from being annoyed by not having decent players on his line - Burmi was always cutting back and turning the puck over at the offensive blue-line, and Wellwood could rarely catch up with the play or would otherwise do the same; Kane would look around and not see anyone a lot of the time before putting his head down and charging in. Kane and Jokinen look like they have a feel for where the other is going to be on the ice and they trust each other to play competently. Wheeler deserves some credit for that too.

I'm sure glad I picked both Kane and Jokinen in our ESPN fantasy league. It wouldn't surprise me the slightest if they both score at a 30-goal pace this year (17 or 18 goals).

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
At least our fans are still louder and more passionate. Next time.
And I bet about a quarter of the MTS centre will be flooded by Habs fans next time. So I dont know about more passionate...they're loud as hell and travel far and wide too.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd like to see Scheifele come in for Wellwood and Peluso in for Wright. Change things up a bit for Thursday vs. Florida. I'd also swap in Redmond over Clitsome. I think both players (Scheifele and Peluso) would add energy, hustle and a spark, and hopefully Redmond can be more reliable than Clitsome. I haven't really liked Wellwood at all this season, so I at least hope Scheifele is in over him.

01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

One would think Clitsome is going to be removed from the lineup soon.

Hainsey, Toby and Buff all played 25, 26 and 28 minutes respectively and Grant had 8 minutes at a -2.

Surely the staff knows they can't continue to rotate 4-5 defensemen on a nightly basis and remain competitive.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Nope...

Why do people state things like it's a fact, but when really they are just guessing on a fact.
Last season it was measured. MTS has highest decibel rating.
I would definitely put MTL in top 5 though.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Crazed Fan

Crazy game. Some questionable calls but overall entertaining game.
Jets looked calm and cool throughout imo.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
flyingjay

vCash: 1500
Before I came on here, I really didn't think it was that terrible a performance by the Jets. I thought we played physical and could've just as easily won that game if it would've been more 5 v 5. Yes, the refs called it even...but for goodness sake...those were some of the weakest calls I've seen.

Either way, I thought the Jets used their size and fought hard. I don't expect an "A" game every night. There were a few missed chances which could've easily swung the game in our favor...not to mention Clitsome's stick was held which led (IMO) to Cole's goal. Plus, we came back to lead after another two goal deficit.

flyingjay is offline   Reply With Quote