HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Other one is about to hit 1000 posts.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That just seems to come with the territory when you are on AC.

Just look at the Idle No More movement - racism against natives is still a huge problem in Canada.

But it's different when it comes to someone like Price, because most people don't even know about Price's first nations heritage. Unlike say, Tootoo, Price doesn't really practice many traditions as far as I know, and while his mother was a chief, he wasn't raised on a reservation (though he grew up near one). It's a part of his heritage, but like a lot of mixed native hockey players, it's something only fans really know about.

We actually have two players of indigenous ancestry; Bourque is métis (hence the French name) and has done a lot of off-ice work for Albertan native communities. Wonder if Price and Bourque have discussed doing any charitable work together, it would be good to see the organization represented in such a way.
Very interesting post (lots of info).

And didn't know Bourque is Metis (half native Canadian). Price...I already knew his mother is native Canadian. Interesting info indeed. I'm pulling for Bourque to pick up his game and be the player we all know he can be (solid, gritty power forward).
I'm guilty of bashing Bourque a bit for last season's performance but was also hoping he could pick up his game for our Habs. Pleks is good for any player...and maybe DD can be good as well for Bourque or vice versa.

--------------------------------- ---------------------------

Subban:
Gorges, Therrien, Markov...none of them seemed pleased about Subban finally signing (better to have the truth vs fake cliches, but surprised at the responses in the dressing room...doom and gloom). Makes me really think the players were hoping Subban would get traded. Maybe it's just true...many Hab players don't like Subban and some of us don't want to face the truth...hard to deny it now but seems too obvious Subban is not liked by his teammates (too loud? needs too much attention? very cocky? very arrogant? fights with teammates? cocky/unfriendly with staff? too colorful - no pun intended, very this, very that...me, me, me...starting to believe that some of the rumors are not just rumors since it's always the same player that is part of these rumors... but I'm still a huge Subban fan - the dman - ...I love the way he plays defense and offense...love the way he skates and always knows how to avoid a bodycheck - iron man - while protecting the puck...great for the PP, PK, 5 on 5...he has ultra skills/talent...sky is the limit). I felt that many of the rumors are true just by seeing how Subban's teammates never ever defend him on the ice...even when 2-3 players are attacking Subban...no Hab player ever defends Subban...must be a reason (no matter...I don't like to see this...teammates abandoning another teammate...maybe it has something to do with practice fights and how Subbie goes all out with bodychecks during practice? one reason out of so many... I really hope all of this gets sorted out 'cause we need Subban...so much hatred for this kid it's unbelievable...is it all about being humble and much more?).

I've got to admit...when I saw Subban on ''The Hour''...I felt that he was a huge bragger, was very very cocky/arrogant/fresh (not humble at all)...unlike his shy, more humble younger brother who also came on the show. But...maybe Subban just has a lot of personality (he does seem to love life and appreciate everything and that's great) and maybe it just appears like he's cocky...I don't know but I know this...I love Subban the dman. I can't imagine Subban wearing another jersey.

I really hope Hab players find a way to all get along...'cause Subban wants a Cup and can definitely help our Habs get that Cup.

P.S.: who is Subban's roommate on the road? Eller? (not sure). Eller in TSN article is the only one who was quoted in a positive way...''A player of P.K.'s calibre is always welcome in the lineup...he's playing a lot of minutes so he's going to be important to us. I'm sure he'll make the team better."

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-29-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Beendair Donedat

Guess you missed Ryan White tuning up Boychuck fight after Boychuck went after Subban...

Old
01-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Very interesting post (lots of info).

And didn't know Bourque is Metis (half native Canadian). Price...I already knew his mother is native Canadian. Interesting info indeed. I'm pulling for Bourque to pick up his game and be the player we all know he can be (solid, gritty power forward).
I'm guilty of bashing Bourque a bit for last season's performance but was also hoping he could pick up his game for our Habs. Pleks is good for any player...and maybe DD can be good as well for Bourque or vice versa.
A lot of people with French names from the prairies are Metis, they were originally the Voyageurs who came out with the fur trade and if they wanted to settle down with a wife, native women were more or less their only choice.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
SB164

Abe Hefter ‏@hefteronthehabs

Price on PK: He's not in our locker room yet. When we see him tomorrow we'll shake his hand & welcome him back & carry on from there. #HABS

Old
01-29-2013, 10:06 PM
hockeyfan2k11

There's some resentment there for sure. No way they'd react this way about any other player.

I'm still baffled by how big of a story they're making this. You'd think he was stashing dead bodies in his locker.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
There's some resentment there for sure. No way they'd react this way about any other player.

I'm still baffled by how big of a story they're making this. You'd think he was stashing dead bodies in his locker.
I think the fact it's PK does make it a bigger thing, but I don't think they resent him. I think they're just fed up of hearing about PK all the time. I don't think they blame the kid for it, I think they're more fed up with the media about it.

There isn't one teammate that said anything bad about PK. But it can't be a good feeling to have journalist come in daily to ask about a player that isn't there. I know I'd get fed up. Not sure why this is turning into such a huge thing. I mean really, this quest for Drama in Mtl never ends.
It happens to everybody in life. Ever had a day where you get asked the same thing over and over again?? By the end of the day, you look completely uninterested and annoyed to talk about it. Doesn't mean you hate the subject (wtv that may be), you're just fed up to talk about it.

Players will welcome PK and things will be great. Mtl media is simply doing what it does best, look for stories where there isn't one.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Papa_Bear_21

I'm so tired of "PK's teammates" to be quite honest.
Josh Gorges needs to grow up and get over himself. All this "team concept" is nice, but talent wins games. And PK is talented. So I just wish he would get over himself.

The rest of the players too.

Not everyone is from Bo-Funk Saskatchewan and grew up on a farm.

Being a leader, as Josh fashions himself to be, is not just deciding "this is the best way" and then acting like it is either my way or the highway. It is being able to deal with different personalities and fostering a team atmosphere with all those personalities.

None of us know how PK is in the locker room, but I am pretty confident in saying he's not a complete degenerate. Time for the players to accept that he'll never be from Bo-Funk Saskatchewan and move on.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

Price on PK: He's not in our locker room yet. When we see him tomorrow we'll shake his hand & welcome him back & carry on from there. #HABS
They all are giving the same answer more or less. I'm thinking this is what Mike or Mark told them to say.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
A lot of people with French names from the prairies are Metis, they were originally the Voyageurs who came out with the fur trade and if they wanted to settle down with a wife, native women were more or less their only choice.
Thanks for info...I was not the best in high-school with Quebec history!, but still passed! (phew!).

------------------------ -----------------------------------------
SB164 posted:
About Subban...
Price on PK: '' He's not in our locker room yet. When we see him tomorrow we'll shake his hand & welcome him back & carry on from there. #HABS ''

I find it so strange...these reactions! Very cold/robotic! At least it's not the usual boring cliches that don't usually involve the truth (for us fans) like ''yeah it's great...it will be great having him back in the lineup, and we'll take it from there'' (unless this is really how a player feels,etc).

These cold reactions say a lot! the welcome mat is not really...maybe they feel that Subban has let them down by taking so long to sign? I doubt it!

Old
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think the fact it's PK does make it a bigger thing, but I don't think they resent him. I think they're just fed up of hearing about PK all the time. I don't think they blame the kid for it, I think they're more fed up with the media about it.

There isn't one teammate that said anything bad about PK. But it can't be a good feeling to have journalist come in daily to ask about a player that isn't there. I know I'd get fed up. Not sure why this is turning into such a huge thing. I mean really, this quest for Drama in Mtl never ends.
It happens to everybody in life. Ever had a day where you get asked the same thing over and over again?? By the end of the day, you look completely uninterested and annoyed to talk about it. Doesn't mean you hate the subject (wtv that may be), you're just fed up to talk about it.

Players will welcome PK and things will be great. Mtl media is simply doing what it does best, look for stories where there isn't one.
That's fair, but I think the responses should be handled better by the "leaders" of the team. Is it so hard to give generic hockey player answers? This just creates another story.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Subban:
Gorges, Therrien, Markov...none of them seemed pleased about Subban finally signing (better to have the truth vs fake cliches, but surprised at the responses in the dressing room...doom and gloom). Makes me really think the players were hoping Subban would get traded. Maybe it's just true...many Hab players don't like Subban and some of us don't want to face the truth...hard to deny it now but seems too obvious Subban is not liked by his teammates (too loud? needs too much attention? very cocky? very arrogant? fights with teammates? cocky/unfriendly with staff? too colorful - no pun intended, very this, very that...me, me, me...starting to believe that some of the rumors are not just rumors since it's always the same player that is part of these rumors... but I'm still a huge Subban fan - the dman - ...I love the way he plays defense and offense...love the way he skates and always knows how to avoid a bodycheck - iron man - while protecting the puck...great for the PP, PK, 5 on 5...he has ultra skills/talent...sky is the limit). I felt that many of the rumors are true just by seeing how Subban's teammates never ever defend him on the ice...even when 2-3 players are attacking Subban...no Hab player ever defends Subban...must be a reason (no matter...I don't like to see this...teammates abandoning another teammate...maybe it has something to do with practice fights and how Subbie goes all out with bodychecks during practice? one reason out of so many... I really hope all of this gets sorted out 'cause we need Subban...so much hatred for this kid it's unbelievable...is it all about being humble and much more?).

I've got to admit...when I saw Subban on ''The Hour''...I felt that he was a huge bragger, was very very cocky/arrogant/fresh (not humble at all)...unlike his shy, more humble younger brother who also came on the show. But...maybe Subban just has a lot of personality (he does seem to love life and appreciate everything and that's great) and maybe it just appears like he's cocky...I don't know but I know this...I love Subban the dman. I can't imagine Subban wearing another jersey.

I really hope Hab players find a way to all get along...'cause Subban wants a Cup and can definitely help our Habs get that Cup.
Very possible that you're right about Subban, and about us fans wanting to believe everyone in the locker room loves each other, when they really don't. PK may very well be the egocentric kid the other guys quietly resent.

If that's the case, it's the job of the coach to keep him in line and the team captain to guide him. I know guys like PK -- very talented, but everything is about them. The good news is that with time they do mature.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:20 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Don't know why would anyone look for Markov's reaction as as an indicator for Subban's position on the locker room. I don't think Markov likes to talk about anyone period.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Guess you missed Ryan White tuning up Boychuck fight after Boychuck went after Subban...
Didn't know this (or forgot)...so White did defend Subban (was this during the playoffs?).

But still...I do remember several times when teammates weren't stepping in to help at least when Subban was outnumbered...not making this up to start something.

I'm a huge Subban fan and hope the team finds a way to keep winning...as a team. Some Hab fans should remember that Subban is a playoffs warrior. We need him badly for playoffs. Markov could help us get there (playoffs) especially IF he stays healthy for once (hope he does), but...once the playoffs are here I'm counting on Subban, Gorges and Bouillon (playoff warriors) to do a lot (I hope Emelin steps it up as well...I think he can).

IF our core stays healthy for once...we could be a dangerous sleeper team in playoffs.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Thanks for info...I was not the best in high-school with Quebec history!, but still passed! (phew!).

------------------------ -----------------------------------------
SB164 posted:
About Subban...
Price on PK: '' He's not in our locker room yet. When we see him tomorrow we'll shake his hand & welcome him back & carry on from there. #HABS ''

I find it so strange...these reactions! Very cold/robotic! At least it's not the usual boring cliches that don't usually involve the truth (for us fans) like ''yeah it's great...it will be great having him back in the lineup, and we'll take it from there'' (unless this is really how a player feels,etc).

These cold reactions say a lot! the welcome mat is not really...maybe they feel that Subban has let them down by taking so long to sign? I doubt it!
those reactions comes from guys who have been awnsering Q about PK pretty much everyday... they probably feel like they should talk about games more than anything.

Markov probably said it best this morning "we have a game tonight and tomorrow night, we talk about that", they're hockey players, they obviously want to talk hockey...

I mean, I watched the clip, player X says, we talk hockey and nothing else, and then you could hear "yes but PK", and again "yes but PK"...

Old
01-29-2013, 10:26 PM
thom

Sometimes if a player is shy introverted it can be difficult for player to reach his climax but a player who in extrovert has the opportunity to reach the top because he's more care free.So for subban you hope he matures and reaches his potential

Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
With the habs success I think PK should only enter after a loss. Only fair IMO. Gotta earn his ice time like everyone else.

I know PK is great and I don't think he did anything wrong but just the same, we're winning. The players who won deserve the continue no?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
I think this thread has gone long enough. Time to start a new one like 'everything PK' no one here is discussing the details of his new contract anyways.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 01-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
DJ Breadman

Pk is the future he is already better then most of his teamates so they better get on board

Old
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Cupmonger

I don't believe in all this media crap about the team not welcoming PK back. We didn't hear about Cole getting criticized. We didn't hear about Gorges getting a slap on the wrist for calling out the NHL. We didn't hear anyone telling Prust to shut the **** up when he was bad mouthing Bettman. And now, I'm supposed to believe that the Habs aren't happy with PK because he wanted to negotiate his contract? Bull. ****ing. ****.

I'm sure the team would have been glad to have PK around. However, I think the team is more exasperated about constantly being asked about PK for the past two ****ing weeks. Imagine this: you could be asked any questions, expectations for upcoming game/season, comments about teammates performances, comments about goal or discussing the loss. But no, **** all of that, instead the reporters ask about PK every day. I'm sure the team is just fed up of the media. And that's what is showing. They already didn't want to talk about PK's negotiations, keep it out of the locker room. But journalists just keep asking about it and making it a distraction.

How to dig for **** where there isn't any.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:32 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Very possible that you're right about Subban, and about us fans wanting to believe everyone in the locker room loves each other, when they really don't. PK may very well be the egocentric kid the other guys quietly resent.

If that's the case, it's the job of the coach to keep him in line and the team captain to guide him. I know guys like PK -- very talented, but everything is about them. The good news is that with time they do mature.
Hence the bridge deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I don't believe in all this media crap about the team not welcoming PK back. We didn't hear about Cole getting criticized. We didn't hear about Gorges getting a slap on the wrist for calling out the NHL. We didn't hear anyone telling Prust to shut the **** up when he was bad mouthing Bettman. And now, I'm supposed to believe that the Habs aren't happy with PK because he wanted to negotiate his contract? Bull. ****ing. ****.

I'm sure the team would have been glad to have PK around. However, I think the team is more exasperated about constantly being asked about PK for the past two ****ing weeks. Imagine this: you could be asked any questions, expectations for upcoming game/season, comments about teammates performances, comments about goal or discussing the loss. But no, **** all of that, instead the reporters ask about PK every day. I'm sure the team is just fed up of the media. And that's what is showing. They already didn't want to talk about PK's negotiations, keep it out of the locker room. But journalists just keep asking about it and making it a distraction.

You did not hear the media bash cole about his retirement brain fart?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Montreal Shadow

Why all the negativity lads? The team is playing well. New front office. New mentality. Great young core and veterans that are producing. Wouldn't be surprised if PK has matured during the off season. The team is winning, there won't be as much frustration when he comes back.

Let's wait and see instead.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

Lars Eller didn't become all bitter and upset when asked about Subban:
''A player of P.K.'s calibre is always welcome in the lineup," said forward Lars Eller. "He's playing a lot of minutes so he's going to be important to us. I'm sure he'll make the team better."

Old
01-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
You did not hear the media bash cole about his retirement brain fart?
I'm talking about our players, not the media. Yes, the media is always stirring ****. Did you hear anything about our players being pissed at Cole? No. Why? Because they weren't. So my comment stands.

Closed Thread