HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXIX: Thread of LXIX

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
halligan10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
"Selon mes informations" would translate to "according to my informations/sources" (sources would be used in English here, I think) which means that Lebrun is saying that based on the information he has on the situation he would be very surprised if Jamison met the deadline. But yeah, it is his own speculation based on the things he knows, nothing more.
I think if he would of meant "Sources" he would of said something like "Selon mes contacts"...hey you may be right but I took it more like if this was from is own informations that he found this week. But I hope he is right!

Old
01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
AllByDesign
Thomas who?

We have all seen the reports of how the Coyotes ownership is going to end from a wide variety of reporters and commentators. From the most reputable, to the largest hacks. None have been able to pinpoint any aspect of the end, regardless of "source".

I tell you what. I will dust off my old Oija board to start a conversation with the spirits. I will get Killion to channel Elvis, and maybe we can come up with some substance to report back on.

The more things look like they are going to change, the more they stay the same. You can take that prediction to the bank.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan10 View Post
I think if he would of meant "Sources" he would of said something like "Selon mes contacts"...hey you may be right but I took it more like if this was from is own informations that he found this week. But I hope he is right!
Well, he has to get his info somehwere, that's why I used "sources" (and because saying "according to my informations" seems awkward to me). Lebrun is a respected journalist, if he says he doesn't think Jamison will close this week it is because he has info making him believe he won't. He didn't make a prediction, he just said he didn't think he would close. He remained non-comital which is what a good journalist should do when not 100% sure.

Right or not, I respect reporters like Lebrun. They don't throw **** at the wall hoping some sticks.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:54 PM
halligan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
It doesn't mean "from what I know", it means "According to the information I received", which is just the french way of saying "according to my sources".
I think there is more than one way to translate it. Its also about the way he talks...he doesnt sound like the expert with the coyotes situation.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
I can't really believe that. I used to trust that guy when it came to hockey news, now I know he just spews any crap the NHL tells him.
Yes, and i think the NHL is playing him all over to make him look bad. He is the one that said Luongo to Toronto was a done deal. He lacks in credibility.

I think the 3 most serious insiders are: Mackenzie, Dreger and Lebrun.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Vinc360

True... and honestly I can't think of a single journalist that sounded like they knew what they were talking about. There was Lisa Halverstadt who was incredibly knowledgeable on the subject but she would never do anything beyond reporting facts... which was probably a wise decision given the situation. We'll all know in 2 days... or 2 weeks... or 2 years.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllByDesign View Post

I tell you what. I will dust off my old Oija board to start a conversation with the spirits. I will get Killion to channel Elvis, and maybe we can come up with some substance to report back on.
Might want to start with Walt first instead... might speed things up. Wait... given Walt's current cryogenic status, is he even in the Spirit World? You'd think it would be as if someone just hit the "pause" button with him like on a DVR.

How about the other Walt... as in Walter... Cronkite

Old
01-29-2013, 11:02 PM
halligan10

Quote:
True... and honestly I can't think of a single journalist that sounded like they knew what they were talking about. There was Lisa Halverstadt who was incredibly knowledgeable on the subject but she would never do anything beyond reporting facts... which was probably a wise decision given the situation. We'll all know in 2 days... or 2 weeks... or 2 years.
I wonder if she is still following this story behind the walls

Old
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Yeah the best local journalist on the subject, no surprise they gave her a better job.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:19 PM
PeeBee78

So apparently Bettman and NHL are asking Glendale council for an extension....because Jamison doesn't have the money (according to jetsfan88)

Old
01-29-2013, 11:24 PM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee78 View Post
So apparently Bettman and NHL are asking Glendale council for an extension....because Jamison doesn't have the money (according to jetsfan88)
Where did you hear that?

Edit: It makes perfect sense to me. I don't mean to argue, just curious where you heard it?

Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post
Where did you hear that?
Apparently from jetsfan88...

Old
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
Up too late??

Old
01-29-2013, 11:34 PM
AllByDesign
Thomas who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee78 View Post
The seer of seer's. The most connected man within the limits of Duff's ditch. It's a shame are old friend no longer wishes to visit us.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:
Up too late??
Well that's where he said (you even quoted it!)...

Now if you were wondering where jetsfan88 gets his information, that's a completely different kettle of fish. My personal theory is magic 8-ball...

Old
01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
... did a search. Jetsfan88 is a 50 somethin lady blogger outta Latham New York.
Government employee who's hobbies include Crafting & Rubber Stamp Art. Solid.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Well that's where he said (you even quoted it!)...

Now if you were wondering where jetsfan88 gets his information, that's a completely different kettle of fish. My personal theory is magic 8-ball...
Actually, I was wondering if jetsfan88 had posted in the Winnipeg board on this site or something like that. I don't know my way around here very well, you see....

Only some things are of interest to me - Realignment, the Coyotes saga, the score of the Wild game,... I wouldn't know where to find this if he were quoting from somewhere else.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
... I wouldn't know where to find this if he were quoting from somewhere else.
... oh, he and his sources are "Out There". Posts on twitter, ZoneNordique and a Jets chatboard. googles your friend.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Whileee

Wow, lots of tea leaves flying around. Now we need someone who can read them.

Bettman flying to Glendale?

An announcement imminent?

If both of those are true, then I think we have one of two scenarios about to play out.

1. Deal completed, big announcement, joy in Coyoteville.
2. Deal not completed, Jamison and Bettman make a show of requesting more time, putting the ball in Glendale's court.

I seriously doubt that Jamison and/or the NHL will just announce that they can't complete the purchase. If JIG is short, then it will be orchestrated so that it will look like Glendale refusing to extend the deadline, even though Jamison and the NHL are confident that they could complete a sale if given a bit more time.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I seriously doubt that Jamison and/or the NHL will just announce that they can't complete the purchase. If JIG is short, then it will be orchestrated so that it will look like Glendale refusing to extend the deadline, even though Jamison and the NHL are confident that they could complete a sale if given a bit more time.
... very possible, along with a request that some form of amortized Arena Management Fee be paid. Say, $7.25M based on a 120 day extension, 1/4 the amount of the usual $25M for the full year. If refused, the City painted as Killjoys, the NHL & Greg Jamison the aggrieved and wounded parties.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
cutchemist42

I remember jetsfan88 had started posting here for a bit was really visible on the jets owner board. He was an insider or knew someone based off what i heard about his predictions.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:11 AM
joelef

they shouldnt have put the arena in glendale.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
I remember jetsfan88 had started posting here for a bit was really visible on the jets owner board. He was an insider or knew someone based off what i heard about his predictions.
Ya, I seem to recall he was fairly accurate in predicting the Thrashers and earlier Coyotes developments... however, if he truly was an "insider", he'd have to report that to the Administration here at hfBoards and we, the Membership, would be made aware of it.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelef View Post
they shouldnt have put the arena in glendale.
Never thought about that. But now that you mention it, I bet this whole thing would have never come to this if they built the new arena in downtown Phoenix or maybe Scottsdale.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
PeeBee78

Yeah my jetsfan88 source is the said jets board.....just passing along information.

Closed Thread