HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Michel Therrien

Old
01-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
We're 4 games in.. They're still 2 of the teams with the most dynamic offense. Anyways that wasn't the point.
Florida dynamic offense? They were 27th in goals for last season. And 27th the year before that.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

He also seems like the kind of coach that is fun to play for. I remember after the win Vs Florida, he was in front of the dressing room door giving props to every single player on their way back in (RDS showed it) and in 24CH, they showed something similar after the pre-game video meeting.

His reactions with Chuckie and Gally also show his "players coach" side, then way he smiled and tapped both boys in the back (similar way for Gally and Chuckie's first NHL goal)

I also love the way he rolls his lines so far, especially the fourth. They don't play much, but just before you tell yourself "I haven't seen the 4th line in a while" they're already on the ice for their shift. He also signed and put the right players in te 4th line, guys who can play on the PK as well, which makes them feel valued and avoids having those players tell themselves that they are useless. He makes everyone feel part of the team by his on ice personnel management. Perfect example of this is Moen. Normally I would say he's a 3d liner, but under these circumstances, Therrien manages his ice time on the 4th line perfectly. I don't tell myself that he is wasted and doesn't play enough, but I don't tell myself that he's playing way too much either

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
He also seems like the kind of coach that is fun to play for. I remember after the win Vs Florida, he was in front of the dressing room door giving props to every single player on their way back in (RDS showed it) and in 24CH, they showed something similar after the pre-game video meeting.

His reactions with Chuckie and Gally also show his "players coach" side, then way he smiled and tapped both boys in the back (similar way for Gally and Chuckie's first NHL goal)

I also love the way he rolls his lines so far, especially the fourth. They don't play much, but just before you tell yourself "I haven't seen the 4th line in a while" they're already on the ice for their shift. He also signed and put the right players in te 4th line, guys who can play on the PK as well, which makes them feel valued and avoids having those players tell themselves that they are useless. He makes everyone feel part of the team by his on ice personnel management. Perfect example of this is Moen. Normally I would say he's a 3d liner, but under these circumstances, Therrien manages his ice time on the 4th line perfectly. I don't tell myself that he is wasted and doesn't play enough, but I don't tell myself that he's playing way too much either
good post man, well said.. I thought this man was a bafoon, didnt think he could express himself properly in English, didnt really think anyone would be able to get this team going, or didnt think anyone would take him seriously. I was completely wrong, other then watching himself mumble to himself like a lunatic, Michel as exceeded all expectations I had, really looks in control and very comfortable with his decisions.

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
LastChancePrice

Really suck to see Jacques Martin gone. After every boring games when he was doing his press conference, just listening to him for about 5 minutes was my " sleep buzzer", always falling asleep on the couch listening to him. Now with that more energetic Therrien, hes entertaining and alive, so now i have to find myself a new "sleeping trick ".

Damn you Therrien, your have too much energy, what the....

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Toshio

now lets see if MT has the balls to sit a VET like kaberle.

Toshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
Really suck to see Jacques Martin gone. After every boring games when he was doing his press conference, just listening to him for about 5 minutes was my " sleep buzzer", always falling asleep on the couch listening to him. Now with that more energetic Therrien, hes entertaining and alive, so now i have to find myself a new "sleeping trick ".

Damn you Therrien, your have too much energy, what the....
Try fly-tying videos.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
He also seems like the kind of coach that is fun to play for.
Perhaps when things are going well . Then he is working on that "good ambiance". If things do not.... then he will come back with "the ol' recipe" .

All the best to Michel. He was a bigger part of the Pens success during and after his reign than he is getting credit for. If he has patched over some of his relative flaws since then, he will be a hell of a coach for you guys.... for some time at least. Not the kind of guy that keeps a room together forever.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
Trust me, he does.
You don't become more of a vet than Marc Recchi, and that guy got bag-skated and doghoused.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
You mean like last game?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Steve Holt
Fire Bylsma

MT wasn't afraid to chastise players. Maybe he has changed his approach since being away from the game. But yeah, look no further than Recchi if you are curious about his relations with veterans.

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

great coach..underrated...matured alot....keep posting people leafs boards a roaring

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
MT wasn't afraid to chastise players. Maybe he has changed his approach since being away from the game. But yeah, look no further than Recchi if you are curious about his relations with veterans.
Recchi is one of the worst personalities in hockey and has done more than his fair share of poisoning locker rooms by being anti-rookie and fighting with the coaches.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
Not gonna lie i wasn't too happy when they signed MT. But when i saw that he benched DD and Eller for Gally's , oh god i was so happy. For him to bench DD for the youngs guys tells you that he's gonna play the guys that gives him constant effort.

Shaby23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
Not gonna lie i wasn't too happy when they signed MT. But when i saw that he benched DD and Eller for Gally's , oh god i was so happy. For him to bench DD for the youngs guys tells you that he's gonna play the guys that gives him constant effort.
I hear ya, when MT was signed I wasn`t happy AT ALL, but I`m all for giving someone a second chance and boy is he making good on his return. We do have to keep in mind that MT has surrounded himself with some great coaches. Gallant is one smart hockey mind with so much playing experience and is looking after the PP, WOW !.... JJ appears to be doing a fantastic job with the D and well experienced NHL`er.,,,,And Clem Jodoin was HANDS DOWN the best coach I ever watched in the AHL. He coached the Halifax Citidels during the early 90`s. He did not have much to work with talent wise, but in the dying mins of the 3rd periods I witnessed him pull some rabbits out of his hat and pull off some wins..
But once again michel is the chief make no mistake about it and it`s showing.....I don`t remember the last time we had 4 strong lines....I would like to see Armstrong get some more playing time once in awhile. He has a great wrist shot and goes to the net really well. I realize he has a role, but I do believe he is more than capable of scoring for us..
Can`t wait for next game....Last year I dreaded the next game.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I hear ya, when MT was signed I wasn`t happy AT ALL, but I`m all for giving someone a second chance and boy is he making good on his return. We do have to keep in mind that MT has surrounded himself with some great coaches. Gallant is one smart hockey mind with so much playing experience and is looking after the PP, WOW !.... JJ appears to be doing a fantastic job with the D and well experienced NHL`er.,,,,And Clem Jodoin was HANDS DOWN the best coach I ever watched in the AHL. He coached the Halifax Citidels during the early 90`s. He did not have much to work with talent wise, but in the dying mins of the 3rd periods I witnessed him pull some rabbits out of his hat and pull off some wins..
But once again michel is the chief make no mistake about it and it`s showing.....I don`t remember the last time we had 4 strong lines....I would like to see Armstrong get some more playing time once in awhile. He has a great wrist shot and goes to the net really well. I realize he has a role, but I do believe he is more than capable of scoring for us..
Can`t wait for next game....Last year I dreaded the next game.
I'd like to see that too. I was skeptical of Armstrong's comeback, but he and White have looked good in a limited role so far. I'd like to see what they can do with a little more ice time, and a slightly more challenging role.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
i wasent thrilled with the hiring, but didnt hate it, but decided to give him a chance.
I knew i was going to like the fact that hi likes toughness and an aggressive forecheck and that he's not a corpse behind the bench like Matin was

the last 2 games however he's done something that proves to me this team is heading in the right direction
scratched Kabarle (something that would have never happened with previous coaching) and benched DD.

This showed that he doesnt care who you are, if you dont perform, you sit.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
HomaridII

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/habs-feve...-guy-1.1135937

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:42 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

if he has the habs rolling tonight and they beat this hot goalie more than twice...i will be very impressed and I think it will solitify the notion that this is indeed a different michel therrien

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Remington

He is doing well so far. I like his coaching style better than JM.

Remington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
TheBabysitter*

He criticized the team Doctor for stepping on the Canadiens logo in the locker-room, that's when I realized he's the man!

TheBabysitter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:48 PM
E = CH²

Therrien is really well surrounded.

JJD is apparently a difference maker with the D if you listen to what people from the rangers org. had to say about him. And looking at the way our D plays atm, it looks like it's true. There isn't anyone on that defense who isn't playing up to their abilities and isn't put in position to succeed. I would not be surprised if the Diaz on PP idea came from him. A lot of people were upset that we didn't get Robinson but I really feel that JJD will be a choice MB will not regret.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
OneSharpMarble

This team needed a coach like him. Love his style and his lines. Finally a smart coach who isn't asleep on the bench wondering where he is.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Easy to be calm when you're winning. It's easy to win when you're facing easy teams and have the easiest schedule in the league.

Let's wait and see with this guy...

That being said, I like him a whole lot better than JM.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Recchi is one of the worst personalities in hockey and has done more than his fair share of poisoning locker rooms by being anti-rookie and fighting with the coaches.
Recchi was a fantastic doctor though.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Habblues

When the Sens got that 5th goal tonight, I was a little surprised that MT didn`t try mixing up the line combos just to see how different players fit together....I was impressed that he played the Kid line more in the 3rd period.....AND he handled the loss well.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote