HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge V105: Bam Bam Kabamm

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 12:52 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I love this one

so flippin adorable
That video ****ed up my cat.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:57 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

That one's great JMC

Old
01-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
so I'll have my avy back in two days.. u jelly kyle?
naa, i know how to wait lol

Old
01-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Jaime Pressly in POISON IVY 3. OMGGGG!

Old
01-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

I have a question.
You know how Universities take your top 6 grade 12 marks and average them out? What if I have 8 courses and 2 of them are 60's. will that affect my chances of getting accepted?

Right now I already have 5 marks completed. 92, 88, 84, 65, 65.

Next semester I have religion, Food and nutrition, and calculus. All that I plan on getting 85+ (I guarantee it )

So I'd have an 86-87ish average for my top 6, but id have two crappy 60's (bio and physics).

I'm scared lol.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I love this one

so flippin adorable
damn can't believe the dog was crying so awesome.

01-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I have a question.
You know how Universities take your top 6 grade 12 marks and average them out? What if I have 8 courses and 2 of them are 60's. will that affect my chances of getting accepted?

Next semester I have religion, Food and nutrition, and calculus. All that I plan on getting 85+ (I guarantee it )

So I'd have an 86-87ish average for my top 6, but id have two crappy 60's (bio and physics).

I'm scared lol.
I wouldn't worry, you can easily get into Uni even if you have some 60 marks. Heck my grade 12 english was like 60%

Old
01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
I wouldn't worry, you can easily get into Uni even if you have some 60 marks. Heck my grade 12 english was like 60%
Not to the Unis I applied too haha.

Don't feel like going to highschool for another semester next year ...

Old
01-30-2013, 01:51 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 740
thats a good one too ss2

Quote:
I have a question.

I'm scared lol.
Depends on the program you are applying to I think. Certain programs look at specific marks. It should say in the book/online if they just look at top 6 or if they look specifically at certain course grades.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

I'm 90% they take your top-6 Grade 12 U/M. Don't look at the other two - unless they're program specific.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
thats a good one too ss2

Depends on the program you are applying to I think. Certain programs look at specific marks. It should say in the book/online if they just look at top 6 or if they look specifically at certain course grades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
I'm 90% they take your top-6 Grade 12 U/M. Don't look at the other two - unless they're program specific.
Ah alright thanks.

I'm pretty much set on Ted Rogers Accounting and you need an 85ish % I think?
Im pretty sure they take English, Calculus, and Functions so I'm fine with those. (84 in English, 92 in functions, calculus tbd)

Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Bert - I typed you a novel.

Quote:
How is the school, like just in general?

One of the biggest reasons I want to go there is that it's right downtown Toronto, that's pretty sick
Kamo from the last thread. The school's great. Good frosh, nice campus, lots to do. For you this wouldn't be an issue cause you'd be on rez/living DT, but public transportation is a *****. Being at Ted Rogers, you're primarily in one building.... in others for your electives, but easy to figure out.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Bert - I typed you a novel.

Kamo from the last thread. The school's great. Good frosh, nice campus, lots to do. For you this wouldn't be an issue cause you'd be on rez/living DT, but public transportation is a *****. Being at Ted Rogers, you're primarily in one building.... in others for your electives, but easy to figure out.
Some of my moms coworkers said that the courses are harder there compared to other Unis?

I haven't read anything on the web about it though, is it true from your experience?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:05 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Some of my moms coworkers said that the courses are harder there compared to other Unis?

I haven't read anything on the web about it though, is it true from your experience?
Well it's become one of the more credible schools lately, they've done some fine work.

I mean like, University isn't easy but in comparison to a Queens commerce or Ivey Western, maybe they're a little harder. Ryerson would probably be harder than like a York (not Schulich), Guelph, etc. in terms of Business. These are just assumptions though.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Kyle93
LL4Life

just watched this episode

Oh my gosh Goku you are amazing!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:09 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Well it's become one of the more credible schools lately, they've done some fine work.

I mean like, University isn't easy but in comparison to a Queens commerce or Ivey Western, maybe they're a little harder. Ryerson would probably be harder than like a York (not Schulich), Guelph, etc. in terms of Business. These are just assumptions though.
Thanks, I'm up for a challenge.

I really didn't like accounting in grade 11, but it wasn't difficult. I just did **** all in that class. Still got an 80.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:23 AM
BertCorbeau

Just got home, holy hell it's hot in my house

Tough game, this team was young and fast with some solid skill .. Beforehand, because of our teams struggles we abandoned the run and gun style (because our goalie this year isn't the superstar that our goalie the previous few years was) and went with the trap style game

I also got bumped up to forward to shake things up, which is fine .. I hate playing defense when you're losing persistently, I like to try and get my scoring touch back .. We got down 3-0 halfway through the game despite us skating hard with them and arguably getting better chances to score (their goalie was on fire) .. My line finally got one though, and it turned our way .. I scored our second goal on a nice, easy dangle on their goalie .. And we eventually took the lead with a couple minutes left in the game 4-3 .. And with 1.4 seconds left they tied it! Bah!

Ah well .. I played a great two way game, prevented some good odd man rushes and made some good plays.. Ended up with a goal and an apple, had a few other chances and almost made a beauty saucer pass to set one up but it bounced funny.

I miss scoring goals

Old
01-30-2013, 02:25 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post

Tough game, this team was young and fast with some solid skill .. Beforehand, because of our teams struggles we abandoned the run and gun style (because our goalie this year isn't the superstar that our goalie the previous few years was) and went with the trap style game

I also got bumped up to forward to shake things up, which is fine .. I hate playing defense when you're losing persistently, I like to try and get my scoring touch back .. We got down 3-0 halfway through the game despite us skating hard with them and arguably getting better chances to score (their goalie was on fire) .. My line finally got one though, and it turned our way .. I scored our second goal on a nice, easy dangle on their goalie .. And we eventually took the lead with a couple minutes left in the game 4-3 .. And with 1.4 seconds left they tied it! Bah!

Ah well .. I played a great two way game, prevented some good odd man rushes and made some good plays.. Ended up with a goal and an apple, had a few other chances and almost made a beauty saucer pass to set one up but it bounced funny.

I miss scoring goals
Awesome Dude.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:

I miss scoring goals
Sounds kind of familiar But this time it was the leafs who had the luck

Old
01-30-2013, 02:43 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Bert, I had you chalked in at F for a reason.

01-30-2013, 02:45 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

I think it would be amazing if the Leafs held open tryouts. Kinda like in the movie Invincible with Mark Wahlberg. Though realistically it would be the Marlies that do it, would be awesome for a nobody to make an AHL team, and who knows, maybe get a shot at the NHL.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:45 AM
BertCorbeau

I just remember a time where I had the ability to score on tenders, trying to get that back .. My new stick has worked great for my snapshot and wrister

Officially my roommates birthday, and he's up so I wished him so and he's asks "do you want to do a shot?" We both groan .. He says the options are vodka or whiskey, I decided to dust off a bottle of Mexican tequila I've had for a few years but haven't open (good stuff, $40 a shot at bars here in Calgary) and toast him

Old
01-30-2013, 02:47 AM
BertCorbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Bert, I had you chalked in at F for a reason.
It's what I do .. I played on a line with our best energy winger, and one of our top scoring centres .. Me and my wing partner were tenacious on the forecheck, and were flying .. Enjoyed playing with those guys

Old
01-30-2013, 02:50 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
I just remember a time where I had the ability to score on tenders, trying to get that back .. My new stick has worked great for my snapshot and wrister

Officially my roommates birthday, and he's up so I wished him so and he's asks "do you want to do a shot?" We both groan .. He says the options are vodka or whiskey, I decided to dust off a bottle of Mexican tequila I've had for a few years but haven't open (good stuff, $40 a shot at bars here in Calgary) and toast him
Classy

Get toasted Bert!!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:50 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Oh FFS, how is it that my LLKL team is having so many injuries, and they're my absolute top guys too. Hartnell, Kesler, Mike Smith, Lehtonen, Callahan, and Nikitin. Only Nikitin isn't a top player, and aside from Toews, those 5 are literally my 5 best.

Closed Thread