HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are Leafs fans the worst in the NHL?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 500
No. We don't make threads 6 game in the season on main board about How our coach is the worst in the league after winning back to back President's trophies.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
9Iron

We are obviously the BEST fans. Look at what we have had to put up with for the last 45 yrs.

9Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Durrrrrr

We are the worst, best, biggest, smallest, smartest, dumbest, passionate, indifferent, patient, fickle, informative, clueless fan base I've ever seen....

Durrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
ungentrified

Leafs fans aren't the worst in the league, but there is a subset that definitely seems to think that to be a fan you not just have to be pessimistic and over-critical of every aspect of the team, but that everyone else in the fanbase also has to be as miserable as they are.

It's as if they have to go out of their way to make sure no one can show the slightest hint of optimism (since they are the true "realists" who know what to do) with a tendency to cite the years without playoffs or years without a cup as their justification. They also happen to be some of the most active posters, unfortunately.

ungentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungentrified View Post
Leafs fans aren't the worst in the league, but there is a subset that definitely seems to think that to be a fan you not just have to be pessimistic and over-critical of every aspect of the team, but that everyone else in the fanbase also has to be as miserable as they are.

It's as if they have to go out of their way to make sure no one can show the slightest hint of optimism under the guise of being "realists" with a tendency to cite the years without playoffs or years without a cup as their justification. They also happen to be some of the most active posters, unfortunately.
I'd say there are some who as a group are over the top in their optimism as well but perhaps doesn't come off as irritatingly as the really pessimistic group. Like all fanbases the bulk are somewhere in the middle. That being said the pessimistic group have certainly had a lot more material to work with the last 10 years.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:05 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

I honestly believe half the Leaf fans on these boards would fail a McDonalds aptitude test

hockeygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Kulemon

Our sane fans are the best. We just have a ton that have gone off the rocker after so many losing seasons.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Leafs have the biggest following in the NHL, so what a few "questionable threads" are made?

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

WE DA BEST!

Even through the hardest of times, we remain faithful to the club. Die hard fans are nuts and sometimes can be the worst but I love something hardcore fans.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 AM
ryanbiggame*

Send a message via AIM to ryanbiggame* Send a message via Skype™ to ryanbiggame*
Worst fans in the NHL? You guys...no.

I really hate the leafs. I actually caught a game at air Toronto last year, I pissed and **** on the bathroom floors.

ryanbiggame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:38 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbiggame View Post
Worst fans in the NHL? You guys...no.

I really hate the leafs. I actually caught a game at air Toronto last year, I pissed and **** on the bathroom floors.
Nothing we don't expect.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
ryanbiggame*

Send a message via AIM to ryanbiggame* Send a message via Skype™ to ryanbiggame*
Actually,

Ill tell you guys a story. I didn't always hate the leafs. But after this situation my hate just skyrocketed through the ****ing roof. So two years ago you guys played us at HSBC(FNC).. And if you guys know at a home game it's probably 50/50 sabres fans & leafs fans. I'm pretty sure tickets are cheaper over here. Anyways, I was sitting watching the game. As I get into my section I survey the area for any leaf fans. I found three guys getting rowdy and the game didn't even start, so I'm like alright. So these mother ****ers, they were candanians, deep accent. The two guys had jerseys on & the one dude had Canadian flag "Zoobaz" on lmfao. Will, never forget this guy. So, these guys got out of their seats everytime anything good happend, a great line change, great shot, pass ect. They got up and danced around, it was pissing the whole section off. So, I eventually started talking **** making fun of their colored money, bagged milk, how we beat you guys in the revolutionary war.. Haha it was great. So then these guys started coming up to me and getting in my face, I was outnumberd but kept my ground. The last straw was when they were harassing my girl. So I'm like **** this, apologized and sat down. I told her to leave a littl early before the end of the 3rd, as she left I called my boys from another section over, we went right down to where these idiots were sitting and just brawled out. It was great, we all shook hands after and hugged. I will always remember though when I was beating the guy decked in the Canadian flag gear he was yelling French. They turned out to be some great dudes after the brawl. Good times.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:57 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Actually,

Ill tell you guys a story. I didn't always hate the leafs. But after this situation my hate just skyrocketed through the ****ing roof. So two years ago you guys played us at HSBC(FNC).. And if you guys know at a home game it's probably 50/50 sabres fans & leafs fans. I'm pretty sure tickets are cheaper over here. Anyways, I was sitting watching the game. As I get into my section I survey the area for any leaf fans. I found three guys getting rowdy and the game didn't even start, so I'm like alright. So these mother ****ers, they were candanians, deep accent. The two guys had jerseys on & the one dude had Canadian flag "Zoobaz" on lmfao. Will, never forget this guy. So, these guys got out of their seats everytime anything good happend, a great line change, great shot, pass ect. They got up and danced around, it was pissing the whole section off. So, I eventually started talking **** making fun of their colored money, bagged milk, how we beat you guys in the revolutionary war.. Haha it was great. So then these guys started coming up to me and getting in my face, I was outnumberd but kept my ground. The last straw was when they were harassing my girl. So I'm like **** this, apologized and sat down. I told her to leave a littl early before the end of the 3rd, as she left I called my boys from another section over, we went right down to where these idiots were sitting and just brawled out. It was great, we all shook hands after and hugged. I will always remember though when I was beating the guy decked in the Canadian flag gear he was yelling French. They turned out to be some great dudes after the brawl. Good times.
French LEafs fans? FUnny.

Ya man, we'd rather party than fight.

BUt we will fight then party.

OH and Canada burnt the Whitehouse. War 1812. Only country to successfully invade the USA.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:26 AM
ryanbiggame*

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
French LEafs fans? FUnny.

Ya man, we'd rather party than fight.

BUt we will fight then party.

OH and Canada burnt the Whitehouse. War 1812. Only country to successfully invade the USA.
Oh yeah. Big history buff here. I knew that's what they would respond back immediately. It's all good though. But I tell you what thought Ottawa fans are *****. BIG TIME. I
Enjoy when the leafs come to FNC, really dynamic and cool atmosphere.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:32 AM
ryanbiggame*

If you guys sum it up, Toronto and Buffalo fans are the same. All of us are just running on pipe dreams. The Leafs to you guys are just like the Bills to us. Playoff droughts, Stanley cup/Super Bowl droughts. Hate to say it but it might be your guys "problem" one day with the rate the bills are going.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:33 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Oh yeah. Big history buff here. I knew that's what they would respond back immediately. It's all good though. But I tell you what thought Ottawa fans are *****. BIG TIME. I
Enjoy when the leafs come to FNC, really dynamic and cool atmosphere.
Gotta represent.l

Ya I find I get fewer infractions if I don't talk about the Sens.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
If you guys sum it up, Toronto and Buffalo fans are the same. All of us are just running on pipe dreams. The Leafs to you guys are just like the Bills to us. Playoff droughts, Stanley cup/Super Bowl droughts. Hate to say it but it might be your guys "problem" one day with the rate the bills are going.
I only wish we had 4 finals appearances.

I want to be funny about it but, 4 losses is better than never getting there.

Well the Bills are coming to Toronto you know.

I doubt they will ever fully move a team to Toronto, but the deal with teh Bills did get extended 5years today.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Aplayaz2000

yes because hfboards represents most of leaf nation

WRONG

it represents... trolls
and the so called "true fans" rofl
and people that aren't even fans... all they wanna do is tank
and ***** at everything that isn't drafting 1st overalls

true fans, oh yeah
am a ****en fan cause i want my team to lose
what a joke

the fans are the people who watch the Leaf games
are those who buy jerseys... and the ones who over pay to watch the Leafs at the ACC

not some ***** on HFBOARDS
who keeps complaining

dont get me wrong... the Leafs aren't the glorious looking team in the NHL atm
so they do deserve criticism

but you still need to show support for your damm team
otherwise, gtfo bandwagoner troll
whatever you wanna be called

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:24 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post

WRONG

it represents... trolls

true fans, oh yeah
am a ****en fan cause i want my team to lose
what a joke

are those who buy jerseys... and the ones who over pay to watch the Leafs at the ACC

not some ***** on HFBOARDS
who keeps complaining

dont get me wrong... the Leafs aren't the glorious looking team in the NHL atm
so they do deserve criticism

If you aren't willing to sacrifice a half season to get the #1C we so desperately need then you haven't been watching this clubs futility long enough.

Tank? Damn ****ing straight. I sat through the 80's. Enough is enough.

Get me as many 1st rounders you can.

People are suggsting a 1st + 3rd to offersheet Ryan O'Reilly.
I would much rather get MacKinnon or Drouin and still have the 3rd. And the better player. Plus a few more 1st from Mac, and whever else we might move.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 AM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 140
Yes, they are.

01-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Tak7

Quote:

WRONG

it represents... trolls
Those that want to tank, wish to do so out of the lack of pure talent that the team has had the past decade. It's born out of a hunger to have better, more skilled, and better reputable players on the roster.

Whether or not you agree with the "Tank Nation", there's nothing wrong with those people who do so.

Someone who wants this team to tank, is just as legitimate a fan as the rest of us. The irony is shortsightedness fails to see that those who want to tank, want to do so in a "lose now, win later" mentality - not necessarily a "I don't care, let them lose" that you are suggesting.

Quote:

The Air Canada Center has a listed capacity of 18,800 (in reality, it's a little more than that).

Roughly 15,000 of those seats (just short of 80%) belong to season ticket holders. 45ish% of those season ticket holders are corporate place holders. The rest belong to people with deep pockets.

Going to games isn't cheap. I know several people passionate about this team, that just cannot afford to go watch games. The Leafs price out a significant percentage of their fan base.

So - no. The real fans aren't the ones in the ACC. Heck, as the numbers show, not all the fans in the ACC are real Leaf fans, so how can all ACC fans be real fans?

Quote:

No complaints about this one.

Being a fan isn't a right, but a privilege - that's the very Euro-centered way of looking at sport supporters.

You aren't entitled to anything as a fan. But if you are one, stick with the bad and the good, or hop the hell off the bandwagon. But once you are off, don't expect to be considered a legit fan.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:29 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Yes, they are.
Ottawa username and Canadiens everything else.

And you came tro....I mean you visited our fine TML boards just to say that?

Please elaborate.

Come again.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

I think because there are so many that you get a lot of perspectives.

Some leaf fans love to live with their pessimism and like to belittle other fans for showing support. It's annoying because they think that no one understands the poor shape the team is in but them, and you can bet they'll try to let you know every chance they get. The truth is, a lot of people know how the Leafs are, but instead of pointing it out every waking moment, just relax and enjoy the luxury that is watching hockey.

I also feel like there are a TON of educated Leaf fans- the type of fan that can debate with any fan base. However its masked by the handful of people that scream at the sight of gray clouds.

Wolfgang Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:34 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

the leafs have a fanbase who continually and obsessively cheers for them no matter how they and never gives up them. no...they are not the "worst in the NHL". give your head a shake

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
I think because there are so many that you get a lot of perspectives.

Some leaf fans love to live with their pessimism and like to belittle other fans for showing support. It's annoying because they think that no one understands the poor shape the team is in but them, and you can bet they'll try to let you know every chance they get. The truth is, a lot of people know how the Leafs are, but instead of pointing it out every waking moment, just relax and enjoy the luxury that is watching hockey.

I also feel like there are a TON of educated Leaf fans- the type of fan that can debate with any fan base. However its masked by the handful of people that scream at the sight of gray clouds.
Good post.

On the last bit about the educated fans that can get into healthy debates - it seems as though most of those fans are on twitter, not on these forums. Which hopefully shows people that you cannot make judgment or conclusions about a team, or it's fans, based on one single isolated online forum...

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote