HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Yeah the 229 row 2 seemed like a nice seat for $29 and I figured I'd get a cheaper seat since I live in Long Island so i got to factor in gas money thanks for the help tho man
Its center ice, great view.

check it out here:
http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/new_jersey_devils/#/p_229_1/

****114 is better IMO, much closer, just above the 2nd level suites.
check out both views, either way you can't go wrong.

Last edited by Devils Dominion: 01-29-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
How was it a poor job by The Ledger? The writer basically called out the fan and said the Devils were simply following their policy, but still did their best to appease him.

Maybe I got a different impression from the article than the rest of you, but to me, the Devils came off as the good guys and the fan came off as an idiot.
Good point, but I meant poor job by even running with the story in the first place, since it was a non-story.

Though the writer did make it clear that the fan clearly had no solid ground to stand on.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
JWomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Good point, but I meant poor job by even running with the story in the first place, since it was a non-story.

Though the writer did make it clear that the fan clearly had no solid ground to stand on.
Yeah, very true...it shouldn't have even run.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I was under the impression Bamboozled? was a regular feature of the paper and not just creating a catchy headline for a single story.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

As mentioned in the "exclusive benefits" email, aren't STH's supposed to get an email every Tuesday with special offers? I know it's only the 2nd Tuesday of the season, but has anyone received such an email yet?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
As mentioned in the "exclusive benefits" email, aren't STH's supposed to get an email every Tuesday with special offers? I know it's only the 2nd Tuesday of the season, but has anyone received such an email yet?
Not yet.

I would like to know the games that will be availble for kids get in free.
Though I am already banking on Saturday April 20.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by One7nine View Post
When they had the season ticket holder preview day before the rock opened, my son asked our ticket rep if he could see the locker room (apparently his mother had put it in his head that he would be able to). He was 6 at the time and when he was told that he couldn't he started crying (his heart was set on going in). Lou and Jeff Vanderbeek were walking by and spotted my son and they both stopped and talked with him and calmed him down even to the point where Lou said it was his rule so it was his fault, I was very impressed. I wrote a letter thanking them and saying how classy it was for them to do that. A few weeks later a box arrived from the Devils with hats a media guide a couple pucks and some other things with a letter to my son from Lou. Something I will never forget.
(((Heart Swoons ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
I found seats in 229 row 2, how high are the 200's?
Section 229 is one of the best in the arena, but if you're taller than 5'8" I would choose Row 3 or 4 instead. As others noted, Row 2 is the first row, but the leg-room is WAY less than any other row in the section, and you'll be smushed up against the glass (I'm only 5'11" and that row is uncomfortable for me). Also, that section probably has more Devils STH than any other section in the rink, but most everyone is friendly.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
apice3*

And if you're shorter than 5'8'', the glass is going to get in the way of your sight line. I usually go for row 4 or so. I'm 6'0''

Old
01-29-2013, 06:45 PM
downtown56

Quote:
Received a couple minutes ago

Quote:
Ever wonder what it feels like to be down on the ice, in goal, hearing your own heart beat as you wait for an 85 MPH slap shot ? What better way to start off “Season Ticket Holder Tuesday” than with an opportunity to create an unbelievable memory with a one of a kind picture.

As we stated in our “Additional Exclusive Benefits” communication, you will receive an email every Tuesday with an exclusive perk, just for Season Ticket Holders like you.

The first “Season Ticket Holder Tuesday” perk lets you and members of your family or friends come on the ice after a Devils home game, to take a picture in the same goal that is guarded by Martin Brodeur.

Each account will be able to have one photo taken with up to six members of your group. We will have a professional photographer on hand to make sure that the moment is captured perfectly. Pictures will then be made available on a website, for you to download digitally and use any way you would like! Please click here to sign up by Feb. 5th for one of the available post-game dates listed. The first game available is this Thursday, January 31st, and spots for each game will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive an email with further details and instructions just prior to the game you select.

A memory of a lifetime, exclusively for you. We can’t wait to see you on the ice!

Your Fan Experience team

Old
01-29-2013, 07:22 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
Received a couple minutes ago
Thanks for posting **** like this. I got this particular email, but for a long time I didn't, and I know there are tons of people who aren't.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I just got it today too, they really sent it out late considering the first game you can do this is two days away, but hey I'll take it. My friend was already coming Thursday anyway, now she gets to have her picture taken with me on the ice too.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:22 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Omg I love this perk!!!!!! Great for Brodeur #1 fan.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
njdevilsboy86

can anyone recommend a decent place to eat if we have a group of 4 and will be in newark at 5:30 on thursday before the 7PM game. Thanks in advance!

Old
01-29-2013, 11:53 PM
MartysBetterThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsboy86 View Post
can anyone recommend a decent place to eat if we have a group of 4 and will be in newark at 5:30 on thursday before the 7PM game. Thanks in advance!
Dinosaur BBQ! The restaurant is HUGE and you will be able to get a seat and the food is delicious and you are literally steps away from the Rock.

Also highly suggest Hobby's Delicatessen if you are into Jewish Deli fare. Great fan atmosphere before the game and huge tasty sandwiches+cheap beer!

Old
01-30-2013, 06:06 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Prudential Center will be hosting Media Day for next year's Superbowl. Kind of a big deal considering Superbowl Media Day is probably the biggest media related day of the year.. odd they chose Prudential when Izod is sitting right next to the stadium.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:34 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Got mine yesterday, as someone already posted the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Not yet.

I would like to know the games that will be availble for kids get in free.
Though I am already banking on Saturday April 20.
Same here as I have friends with kids. When I spoke to my rep yesterday they were still unsure about games, things have been extremely hectic still and they were having issues with the online ordering of tickets. I would expect the info to come out over the next few weeks, but don't bank on "premium" games being included is what I was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsboy86 View Post
Dinosaur BBQ as was mentioned of Edison Ale House is one of my favorites if you want to stay closer to the arena.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:52 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Same here as I have friends with kids. When I spoke to my rep yesterday they were still unsure about games, things have been extremely hectic still and they were having issues with the online ordering of tickets. I would expect the info to come out over the next few weeks, but don't bank on "premium" games being included is what I was told.
My educated guess then, is this (or at least what it should be):

2/18 Ottawa
2/24 Winnipeg
3/10 Winnipeg
3/23 Florida
4/6 Toronto
4/12 Ottawa

Those are the only weekend/non-premium games left really, plus the President's Day holiday.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:27 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Probably won't need my voucher for kids anyway. I understand its hectic and I give them props. However, they should have been more prepared incase this happen.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Thank you for expressing interest in the Flash Pass with the NJ Devils and NJ Transit. We just finalized details with NJ Transit and wanted you to be the first to know considering our discussions with you previously.

This year’s Flash Pass is set to go into effect beginning with the Tuesday February 5th game against the New York Rangers. The pass will be priced at $200 and is able to be used on NJ Transit on Devils game days.

In order to get this year’s Flash Pass, you must contact the Devils and pay in full for the pass by Friday February 1st at 10AM. Please keep an eye on your email for more details on how to complete your order.

Thanks,

The Devils Fan Experience Team
Just got this about the FlashPass. But as it turns out, I think I'll pass on it. For weekday games I've been driving to a closer station directly from work (my fare is $20.50 round trip from home), where the fair is only $10 round trip and parking is free after 3pm. On weekends I'll probably drive in. The FlashPass breaks down to about $10/game, so not huge savings plus I'd feel more obligated to take the train.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
MartysBetterThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Prudential Center will be hosting Media Day for next year's Superbowl. Kind of a big deal considering Superbowl Media Day is probably the biggest media related day of the year.. odd they chose Prudential when Izod is sitting right next to the stadium.
It's because Izod is in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. They sell tickets to media day after all. They'll want fans to take mass transit and patronize local businesses. There are no businesses to patronize around Izod. Plus...Izod's a dump.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
It's because Izod is in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. They sell tickets to media day after all. They'll want fans to take mass transit and patronize local businesses. There are no businesses to patronize around Izod. Plus...Izod's a dump.
Would have been great if Xanadu was ever going to be finished

Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Just got this about the FlashPass. But as it turns out, I think I'll pass on it. For weekday games I've been driving to a closer station directly from work (my fare is $20.50 round trip from home), where the fair is only $10 round trip and parking is free after 3pm. On weekends I'll probably drive in. The FlashPass breaks down to about $10/game, so not huge savings plus I'd feel more obligated to take the train.
I hope they let me use the credit to pay for it but I don't see them saying no. LOL

Old
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Cowbell232

There are some other perks to using the Prudential Center too - some people can stay in the new hotel right there, or they can have hospitality rooms if they need to. Catering options and transportation are two big things.

Frankly there are better power requirements and internet connectivity at the Prudential Center than the Izod...

And finally, there's more "premium space" at the Prudential Center. They could setup on the floor of the rink, and then the teams can have meals and "private" space at the bunker bar (Platinum Lounge) underneath the stands and just walk in/out to the floor. They also could use the restaurant Acela Lounge for private space, including the very private owner's room there for league types and what have you.

The Izod has a fraction of that premium space available.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Double post

Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
One of the most spot-on comments in HFBoards history.

Closed Thread