HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton (Hemsky) / Montreal (Eller)

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I think you need to watch more hockey. Yeah, you're right he's no Georges Laraque I admit it but he's definitely not soft.

Seriously man. Center ice is like fifty bucks.
Well lets leave soft out of it.

He lacks grit
He's weak.
He gets knocked around.
He is oft injured and fragile.

****-it, he's soft. That is the definition of soft. And for the record, i did spend the 50 bucks for Center Ice. But i didn't need to spend a dime to define Hemsky's limitations.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:22 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Why does Edmonton do this? Hemsky is much better than Eller.
I agree we fill one hole while making another... but I think that Eller at 3rd line center and Hartikainen at 2nd line LW would be better than having Horcoff and Belanger as your bottom 2 centers.

Gagner has developed enough as a player to the the main playmaker for a 2nd line. It's going to get even easier for him as Yakupov develops.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I think you need to watch more hockey. Yeah, you're right he's no Georges Laraque I admit it but he's definitely not soft.

Seriously man. Center ice is like fifty bucks.
Bro, be easy on him. Oilers games start after his bed time.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post

He lacks grit
He's weak.
He gets knocked around.

****-it, he's soft. That is the definition of soft. And for the record, i did spend the 50 bucks for Center Ice. But i didn't need to spend a dime to define Hemsky's limitations.

I'm going to assume that you're old enough to be signed up on these boards... so do you just impose an extra early bed time which prevents you from watching teams in the west play?

He doesn't lack grit. That would suggest that he'd stay out of the slot and the corners.
Weak is redundant from your label of soft and getting knocked around a lot.
Everyone gets knocked around. He's been winning a lot of battles in the corners. You sure you've been watching the Oilers and not the Ice Kings?

Off injured and fragile have nothing to do with being soft. By that statement I could suggest that Cam Neely and Eric Lindros were soft.

Please, watch some hockey and learn to write before you choose to barf stinky dogma all over these boards.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:28 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:

He lacks grit
He's weak.
He gets knocked around.

He's definitely not weak. He's not super strong either. I'd say he's average. I don't even know how to tackle this "grit" accusation because he's not a third line grinder but just for arguments sake, I'll have to point towards his ability to work it along the boards. But no one buys Hemsky for his "Grit", they want him for his great stickhandling talent, his playmaking ability and his ability to open the ice.

His injuries were all related to his shoulder, of which he's since undergone surgery and repaired. So while at one point he was prone to injury and fragile, the modern hockey world considers that past tense.

Th eonly person to ever knock Hemsky around was Regher and Hemsky threw him down and counter-checked him many times as well.

The only thing I have against Hemsky is that he can be lazy and seem disinterested at times. I believe that's whats held his career back. None of these fantastical claims you regurgitate from HF hearsay.

So what else you got? Cuz so far your "argument" holds about as much water as a dry stick.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
It makes even less sense for the Habs.

(1) we can't afford to take on his salary.

(2) we already have 7 right wingers - Cole, Bourque, Gionta, Gallagher, White, Leblanc and Armstrong, so why would we want another.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Pucklington

Quote:

He lacks grit
He's weak.
He gets knocked around.

Like others posted. It is clear you have know idea what you are talking about.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Eisen

Quote:
I was wondering the same myself.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Spawn

Meh to Eller. He is getting to the age that he needs to start demonstrating something at the NHL level. No interest in trading an established NHLer for that.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
This soft stuff is getting really old. Is it so hard to believe Hemsky is passed his injuries? Markov has missed way more time than Hemsky has the last few years and he's "back". Montreal fans of all people should not be calling Hemsky soft. But of course they get to watch all these Oiler games at 10:00 their time so they'd know.

EDIT - WOW, didn't even read through the thread until now. This is incredible.

Last edited by Joey Moss: 01-30-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Glad to see Penguin fans aren't the only ones that get this from Edmonton fans.
You've been here for a month....get used to it. But by judging by your posts I'd say you've been here a lot longer

Old
01-30-2013, 01:21 AM
OneSharpMarble

Desharnais could be traded but I doubt they give up on Eller so soon.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Dharvey33

Gagner for Eller

Old
01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Glad to see Penguin fans aren't the only ones that get this from Edmonton fans.
oh my god ocpenguin, give it a restt, youre getting to be pathetic

Old
01-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Domino11

Mtl is not interested in hemsky !! If mtl would trade Eller I'm pretty sure a guy like paajarvi would have to come back !! Maybe desharnais is a better fit for Edmonton !! I think paajarvi is a waste of talent in edm ! There is too much talent in front in edm so paajarvi as to play on the third and is confident level is probably low !!

How about a desharnais vs paajarvi +

Old
01-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

The habs aren't in a position to add big contracts right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:03 AM
kihei

vCash: 3050
Quote:
By soft i mean weak and lacks grit and gets knocked around alot. Come to think of it that is the definition of soft. Not the type of player that the Habs are looking for.
I'm not even an Oilers fan, but this opinion continues to astound me. Holding this nonsense to be true is the equivalent of being a member of the Flat Earth Society.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Beendair Donedat

You Oilers fans are high on rhetoric and short on examples for Hemsky not being soft. I live in Fort McMurray, I watch many Oilers games... When he's motivated he will go into tough areas, but he takes nights off often... He has incredible hands but passes too often in shooting lanes. I honestly think he wept with joy after he learned Regher was traded. His shoulder problems are always going to be a concern and he's a type that Montreal doesn't require. Just not a good fit. Has talent for sure but the cap hit doesn't figure well for Habs short or long term plans.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I live in Fort McMurray
You must think everyone that's not 6'4" is soft then. Just because he's not an enforcer doesn't mean he's soft. I would argue that a guy like Kopitar isn't much tougher than Hemsky despite having the size.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Gagner for Eller
I just threw up my breakfast. Thanks. Gagner is useless on the Habs. Period. He is exactly the opposite of what we need and want. Eller is far more suited to what our team is building than Gagner. Even without Eller, what center on our team is Gagner going to replace? NONE.

Gagner is way more valuable to Emonton than to us. Let's be polite and say both teams refuse the deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
You must think everyone that's not 6'4" is soft then. Just because he's not an enforcer doesn't mean he's soft. I would argue that a guy like Kopitar isn't much tougher than Hemsky despite having the size.
Lol nice leap of logic! Where did I ever suggest anything like that? Where are you from so I can play this game to?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:52 AM
TSA0402

Makes no sense for Montreal. And the value isn't that great, Montreal adds around a 2nd round pick too? lol.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I just threw up my breakfast. Thanks. Gagner is useless on the Habs. Period. He is exactly the opposite of what we need and want. Eller is far more suited to what our team is building than Gagner. Even without Eller, what center on our team is Gagner going to replace? NONE.

Gagner is way more valuable to Emonton than to us. Let's be polite and say both teams refuse the deal.
Too be honest, all things being equal, I'd take Gagner over Desharnais, 60pt season or not. The only reason I'd hesistate is Gagner's cap hit being quite a bit higher.

He's just 23 and has average 50pts per 82 games during his career. I really don't understand all the Gagner hate.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:12 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Lol nice leap of logic! Where did I ever suggest anything like that? Where are you from so I can play this game to?
Not really much of a leap. Your perceived definition of what soft is clearly erroneous. Hemsky is not soft. He goes into the dirty areas and can battle with the best of them. You can't take a guy like Regher who made his living hitting people and compare him to Hemsky in terms of toughness. Just because he's a beast doesn't make Hemsky soft. I find it facetious that you would even mention logic.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post

Threw up in your breakfast over Gagner for Eller? Must have a weak stomach or be an Oilers fan.

-Gagner is younger
-Gagner gives up a whole 2 inches and about 5 pounds. He's smaller but we're not talking Gerbe-Chara.
-Gagner has scored more points in a season than Eller has scored in his career
-Gagner's career stats prorate to exactly 50 points in 82 games

People will suggest Eller is superior defensively and in the faceoff circle which is perfectly reasonable but that doesn't outdo the facts above. Gagner>Eller.

Not to hijack the thread though - I doubt either team does Eller for Hemsky right now. Hemsky is clearly superior right now while Eller does have potential, is cheaper, younger, etc.

Closed Thread