HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Having watched a lot of Die Rise game play I'm VERY excited to play it. Looks much better than Green Run.

AN-94 on the wall (50/600 pack-a-punched)
PDW on the wall
Badass new wonderweapon
Beautiful map design
Actual challenging locations
Might actually be the first zombies map to ever scare me.
Overall this map just seems very awesome.

Tranzit on it's own seems like a disappointment, but just one DLC in and Black ops 2 zombies seems like an incredible package. Survival Green Run/Town/Farm/Bus Depot + Grief+Nuketown Zombies+Die Rise and I already have more awesome options than I know what to do with. February 28th (allegedly when Revolution is out for PS3) can't come soon enough.
Love Die Rise. It's crazy and frantic at first but you will get the hang of it.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:15 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'd wish they'd include more maps that were big like Wasteland or the big snow one in MW2
I have been thinking about breaking that one out just to play it. Loved that map

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Love Die Rise. It's crazy and frantic at first but you will get the hang of it.
I have got to round 10 a couple times but if you separate from the others and go down you are screwed. End up somewhere with no gun (at least since I don't know my way around yet)

Old
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM
southpaw24

is live down for anyone else?? i was in the middle of a game and then it said i was signed out and i havent been able to get one since that was about an hour ago

Old
01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
I'd wish they'd include more maps that were big like Wasteland or the big snow one in MW2
Derail? I thought everyone hated that map.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post

Yikes, that map was horrible , same with Wasteland . Pretty odd choices of good maps.

Live is down .

Old
01-29-2013, 09:25 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:

Derail was terrible. What's that one on Black Ops with the kind of northern lights effect in the sky? I think it was a DLC map. I really liked that one. Had many a good gun game there.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:00 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I have been thinking about breaking that one out just to play it. Loved that map

I have got to round 10 a couple times but if you separate from the others and go down you are screwed. End up somewhere with no gun (at least since I don't know my way around yet)
Yeah, you really need to build the trampoline or get the Who's who perk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
is live down for anyone else?? i was in the middle of a game and then it said i was signed out and i havent been able to get one since that was about an hour ago
It's been doing that all day. Now Zombies causes your entire Xbox to crash. Don't even go to the menu.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 01-29-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
Derail was terrible. What's that one on Black Ops with the kind of northern lights effect in the sky? I think it was a DLC map. I really liked that one. Had many a good gun game there.
could be wrong, But I'm pretty sure it was Discovery. And I'm one of those people who absolutely hated Derail. Discovery on BO1 was okay. Had a few good games there, but nothing really exciting.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
could be wrong, But I'm pretty sure it was Discovery. And I'm one of those people who absolutely hated Derail. Discovery on BO1 was okay. Had a few good games there, but nothing really exciting.
Correct. And I agree. WMD , Summit , and Grid were all amazing snow maps .

Old
01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

I like the Peacekeeper so far , its for sure not an SMG. It's like a hybrid of an SMG and AR. Haven't found my favourite setup with it yet though. Hopefully they make more weapon DLC

Old
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Krishna

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Yikes, that map was horrible , same with Wasteland . Pretty odd choices of good maps.

Live is down .
Quote:
I don't know. I liked them. They seemed to have room for all the types of weapons

Old
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Krishna

Been getting into hardcore TDM

They should start actually banning people after so many times of getting kicked for team kills

edit : and I hate how sometimes the SVU can be 2 hit hills in hardcore

Last edited by Krishna: 01-29-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Peacekeeper is probably my favorite SMG now. Great combination of range and firepower.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post
Peacekeeper is probably my favorite SMG now. Great combination of range and firepower.
How are the maps?

01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How are the maps?
I only played Mirage once , and the snow one for like 2 minutes.

Mirage is sweet. It's a very unique map , and well made . The flag are setup kind of different . You can run from A to C , faster than running from A to B , or C to B . Could become one of my favourite maps in the game. Good size too.

The snow one , I can't really comment on too much but there are moving ski lifts that if they hit you , they kill you. But you can walk and hide behind them for cover , pretty good tactic.

Wait is there 3 or 4 maps ? Because I'm pretty sure I saw a map where it like floods , along with Grind.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
I don't know. I liked them. They seemed to have room for all the types of weapons
Wasteland was a throwback to an old COD map and it was awful.

Derail was hit and miss. With a nice mix of weapon styles on each team, it could be a very fun map. But it usually was a strict snipe fest. Which, back then I hated. But now, with all the SMG maps, I miss it. Go figure.

Derail was also awful for any objective mode. The amount of time to run from the gas station to the warehouse, even with LW and Marathon, was atrocious.

I'm getting a feeling that the new maps are following suit of the BO2 maps and are mid to small ranged?

Bummer, I'm trying to work on my snipers, and without the variable scope, the standard becomes too much for how small these maps are.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:29 PM
FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Wasteland was a throwback to an old COD map and it was awful.

Derail was hit and miss. With a nice mix of weapon styles on each team, it could be a very fun map. But it usually was a strict snipe fest. Which, back then I hated. But now, with all the SMG maps, I miss it. Go figure.

Derail was also awful for any objective mode. The amount of time to run from the gas station to the warehouse, even with LW and Marathon, was atrocious.
Demo on Derail with Tac Inserts was the way to roll. Tac Inserts and Demo are just a good strategy overall and are a pain to play against.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Demo on Derail with Tac Inserts was the way to roll. Tac Inserts and Demo are just a good strategy overall and are a pain to play against.
yes! I never use Tac Insertions in BO2, but all the time on maps like derail.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How are the maps?
There are 4 Maps.

And I like them for the most part. Grind(which is a skate park) is the coolest map, rather small though and it can get frustrating at times. Mirage is probably my favorite, good sized map that is also unique and fun. The snow map is also quite fun, definitely the largest of all the maps, but it works well for headquarters. The last map, which is based on a dam/water station, is just MEH. Very small map, nothing unique about it though.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post
There are 4 Maps.

And I like them for the most part. Grind(which is a skate park) is the coolest map, rather small though and it can get frustrating at times. Mirage is probably my favorite, good sized map that is also unique and fun. The snow map is also quite fun, definitely the largest of all the maps, but it works well for headquarters. The last map, which is based on a dam/water station, is just MEH. Very small map, nothing unique about it though.
Alright, thanks. I'll get the map pack maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

Is the new SMG better than the Skorpion EVO? If so, I guess that's a new gun I'm going to get gold on.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Krishna

Wonder if PS3's update was the one xbox got a few days ago

Old
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card. (If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.)
Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals).
Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.
Some of the issues addressed were minor fixes to multiplayer maps:

Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
Fixed an issue in League Play where “Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
Corrected mode description message displayed on YouTube when Live Streaming Public Match Core game modes.
Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.
Shotgun crosshairs will no longer turn red if an enemy is out of the shotgun’s maximum damage range.
Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.
Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight.
Turrets now have smoother tracking when targeting players.
Improved bot pathing on multiple maps.
Current League Info is now getting updated properly in the Player Identity.
Manual sorting on League Teams removed as the results are now returned correctly.
Improved the Scoreboard to make friend Playercard information more accessible.
Addressed multiple UI issues.
Players can no longer earn credit towards a Prestige Equipment challenge through “friendly” flashbangs, concussions, and shock charges.
Fixed Select Fire weapons reverting back to their default fire method when using certain Scorestreaks and not calling them in.
Addressed an exploit where the game allowed access to the Custom Games Settings while believing the game was Public Matchmaking, allowing XP.
Fixed UI errors when linking Live Stream.
Score and points are no longer awarded if a player destroys their own turret in Hardcore FFA.
Improved image alignment when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
Addressed an issue where players were able to plant numerous Assault Shields.
Addressed an issue where the Stealth Helicopter was able to drop below the map in Drone.
Players are no longer able to get infinite Black Hats by immediately using another Black Hat.
Addressed an issue where it was possible for a player to equip two Assault Shields at the same time.
Players Spectating a One in the Chamber game no longer earn Survivor Bonus Points.
A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.
Score streaks, perks, equipment and weapons also got balance re-adjustments:

Score streaks:

Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
Warthog: reduced missile delay.
Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.
Perks:

Hard Wired: Players with hard wired are now completely unaffected by EMP grenades.
Equipment:

Trophy System: increased range.
SMGs:

All + Silencers: reduced range.
Assault Rifles:

All: reduced idle sway.
M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
SCAR: Increased 3-hit kill range. Maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4.
SIG556: Penetration increased from medium to large, reduced burst delay, and maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4.
MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range.
SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
FAL OSW: increased hip spread.
LMGs:

All: ADS in and out time reduced.
Shotguns:

SRM1216: slightly increased short range damage.
Pistols:

Executioner: increased medium range damage.
Sounds the same

Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
RussianRocket10

Yeah that's the same one.

Forgot to mention I got gold for the Chicom CQB a couple days ago. Only took me 684 kills. One of the easiest ones for me to get gold. Now I'm sorta working on getting gold for the Peacekeeper. I have 31 headshots for it so far. I also still need gold for the MP7, Vector and the Skorpion EVO. I have 70 headshots for the MP7, 30 for the Vector, and 9 for the Skorpion.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

1 backfire medal today

Also, as a PSA type of thing... Was playing with a friend today who doesn't have the update. I told him to chill by me at the beginning of the game, I'd kill myself so he could pick up the gun. Well, if you commit suicide, you don't drop your gun

Old
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Krishna

Dear god..

The afterschool kiddies make Hardcore unplayable.. In one game I was probably team killed at least 5 times

Closed Thread