HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs at Senators 7:00 PM EST (RDS/TSN) 1/30/13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 09:53 AM
  #26
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
4-2 Habs

Galchenyuk, Gionta, Bourque, Budaj

cjbhab is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:55 AM
  #27
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
I will bet he passes his physical and plays 10 min tonight.

Shut up the damn lecherous media circus.
that's going to be impossible for the forseable future...the assasination of PK's character is in full force

I assume it remain this way until PK decides to, as Francois Gagnon put it, 'start acting more corporate'.

417 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:09 AM
  #28
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
that's going to be impossible for the forseable future...the assasination of PK's character is in full force

I assume it remain this way until PK decides to, as Francois Gagnon put it, 'start acting more corporate'.
It is a natural consequence for a charismatic black guy in a conservative, white league. In Ottawa, Emery got the same treatment, although his legacy is one of a good goalie for the franchise.

The decision is ultimately PK's:

He can be himself and ignore the haters, but he will have to accept the fact that, as a result, his performance on this ice will be magnified and amplified. If he's confident enough in his own game, he can go this route, however, there is more risk of pissing of fans, management and teammates if his game suffers. Other players would be able to hide their suffering game from the spotlight a little bit better.

Or, he can put on a "public" face and become a generic, cliché-spewing hockey player. Effectively, he would be acting. If he can live with this, people will go easier on him.

OR, the wildcard: He learns French and gets massive capital good-will from fans and management, while continuing to be himself.


Last edited by Proust: 01-30-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Proust is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  #29
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
 
Gros Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Spezza out

Gros Bonhomme is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
  #30
skule123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
He can be himself and ignore the haters, but he will have to accept the fact that, as a result, his performance on this ice will be magnified and amplified. If he's confident enough in his own game, he can go this route, however, there is more risk of pissing of fans, management and teamates if his game suffers. Other players would be able to hide their suffering game from the spotlight a little bit better.
I think this is the player we have. Really, all the stuff being said now is whispers, and there isn't much concrete beyond the practice fights. What is real is his long-standing commitment to the Montreal and charitable communities (his summer work in Haiti), and who cares if he's a little chatty on the ice or a character in the locker room?

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/daily-hab...santa-1.573623

PK didn't call attention to it, the national media left it alone because good news doesn't pull clicks, but this seems like the real PK to me, especially given his familial context. With time, and more importantly, with him around in the locker room (rather than the abstract straw man the agenda-driven media has built), we will have to deal with the real PK, which is to me, the one that person at the hospital wrote in about.

skule123 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
  #31
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
I think this is the player we have. Really, all the stuff being said now is whispers, and there isn't much concrete beyond the practice fights. What is real is his long-standing commitment to the Montreal and charitable communities (his summer work in Haiti), and who cares if he's a little chatty on the ice or a character in the locker room?

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/daily-hab...santa-1.573623

PK didn't call attention to it, the national media left it alone because good news doesn't pull clicks, but this seems like the real PK to me, especially given his familial context. With time, and more importantly, with him around in the locker room (rather than the abstract straw man the agenda-driven media has built), we will have to deal with the real PK, which is to me, the one that person at the hospital wrote in about.
Interesting stuff.

I must say, as an outsider, the luke-warm quotes coming from Gorges et. al are dumb dumb dumb. Even if you hate PK, you accept that he probably helps the team, and you accept that you are in Montreal and everything you say will be analyzed for hours on end by everyone in the city.... so you lie and say you're excited to have a player of his calibre back in the line-up. Tell the truth to his face or in the room, but to the media, you smile, and you lie.

Proust is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
  #32
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,360
vCash: 500
We should probably turn this thread into the pre-game thread or something along those lines. No offense to cjbhab, but Roy killed it in the other GDT. Absolutely killed it.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
  #33
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
We should probably turn this thread into the pre-game thread or something along those lines. No offense to cjbhab, but Roy killed it in the other GDT. Absolutely killed it.
We can now close this thread. I just wanted something in place till we got an actual GDT.

cjbhab is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
  #34
Koivu_habs#1
Registered User
 
Koivu_habs#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Confirmed : Spezza is not playing tonight
Budaj vs Anderson

Koivu_habs#1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
  #35
Drunk World Order
Registered User
 
Drunk World Order's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Habs 3-0

Diaz
Gionta
Armstrong

Budaj with the shutout!!!

Drunk World Order is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
  #36
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
Habs 3-0

Diaz
Gionta
Armstrong

Budaj with the shutout!!!
drunk world..who is the girl in your avatar? whadda a hottie

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
  #37
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
so glad to be watching meaningful habs hockey again. what a tear we are on.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
  #38
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
what do you guys think of anderson...are we gonna be able to beat this guy...it's quite a test we've had 4 goals in every win so far...can we do it again.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
  #39
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,804
vCash: 500
Excited to see Budaj!!

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
  #40
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355591.html

Confirmed - Subban is not in uniform tonight.

"N’ayant pas joué un seul match dans la LNH en près de 11 mois, Subban devra toutefois patienter encore avant de donner un coup de main au CH, lui qui ne sera pas en uniforme ce soir face aux Sénateurs. La date de son retour au jeu n’a toujours pas été fixée."

1UP is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
  #41
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,698
vCash: 500
Dang, they really want to humble the guy or something. They want to see if he's a team player.

Kimota is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.