HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Vinc360

vCash: 500
To be clear, that was Lebrun's opinion. The only thing his sources (which are usually from the league itself- he's a very well respected and credible reporter/league mouthpiece) told him is that Jamison won't close on time to get the AMF. The rest of what he said was his opinion.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:30 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Are you allowed to not pay all of your payments for the seasons tickets?
I don't care if I am or not. Like I said, they can take the rest of my tickets if they want. I'm not giving the NHL or Westgate a dime of my money again if the team leaves. I'll just have my credit card number changed to make sure they can't charge it again. I can't see any way the deal is closed if it's not closed by the 31st. If he doesn't have the money now, how will he get it with what will be in a best case scenario, a worse lease with the city?

Old
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
naurutger, you are making me look like an idiot in the BOH board. You quoted the tweet, but it was just a tweet from some random dude to Roc&Manuch
Yes the tweet on an emergency meeting was retracted on air so I deleted that here. He did say the samething tweeted here that GJ will not talk until an announcement.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
To be clear, that was Lebrun's opinion. The only thing his sources (which are usually from the league itself- he's a very well respected and credible reporter/league mouthpiece) told him is that Jamison won't close on time to get the AMF. The rest of what he said was his opinion.
My only concern is that Lebrun didn't tweet it, and hasn't gone on TSN or any English speaking media to repeat it. He does have something to lose, but if he is offering it up as "my sources say" then he is protected, somewhat. Normally this sort of news, if it reaches guys like Lebrun, gets repeated ad naseum. Everyone North of the border wants to see the Coyotes move. So any hint of them not meeting the deadline should be spreading like a virus through the media.

We aren't seeing that. All we have are a few articles by local media vs Lebrun's interview. GJ himself has said there will be an announcement this week. I don't think you can definitively call this either way. Home field has the advantage, though.

I'm not sure what is up with Roc and Manuch claiming they scored an interview with GJ after the announcement. Is that real? If not, those clowns need to face some consequences.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

All I know is it would be pretty jerkish if this man knows he realistically can't close this thing by Thursday and is intentionally leaving us in the dark. At this point who is a credible reporter on this subject? Mike Su(ck)nniks with the Biz journal is nothing more than TMZ for local biz & political news. Roc & Mannnnnooooch are nothing more than super fans that report stuff, but can we trust them anymore than the next guy? Gambo...well we will leave that alone. We learned long ago to ignore 90% of the "Canadian Media" aka Mrs Smithsons 10th grade Journalism Class. leBrun is a pretty credible guy to his credit but why didn't he tweet this versus a French language interview on RDS

Old
01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
My only concern is that Lebrun didn't tweet it, and hasn't gone on TSN or any English speaking media to repeat it. He does have something to lose, but if he is offering it up as "my sources say" then he is protected, somewhat. Normally this sort of news, if it reaches guys like Lebrun, gets repeated ad naseum. Everyone North of the border wants to see the Coyotes move. So any hint of them not meeting the deadline should be spreading like a virus through the media.

We aren't seeing that. All we have are a few articles by local media vs Lebrun's interview. GJ himself has said there will be an announcement this week. I don't think you can definitively call this either way. Home field has the advantage, though.

I'm not sure what is up with Roc and Manuch claiming they scored an interview with GJ after the announcement. Is that real? If not, those clowns need to face some consequences.
Well he said that less than 2 hours ago, and it did spread very quickly up here. I don't see how him not tweeting it means anything. He said it on TV... and he has very good sources. He's not the type of reporter that "protects himself" through this type of talk. He's very, very credible around the entire league and is well respected in all markets.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
All I know is it would be pretty jerkish if this man knows he realistically can't close this thing by Thursday and is intentionally leaving us in the dark. At this point who is a credible reporter on this subject? Mike Su(ck)nniks with the Biz journal is nothing more than TMZ for local biz & political news. Roc & Mannnnnooooch are nothing more than super fans that report stuff, but can we trust them anymore than the next guy? Gambo...well we will leave that alone. We learned long ago to ignore 90% of the "Canadian Media" aka Mrs Smithsons 10th grade Journalism Class. leBrun is a pretty credible guy to his credit but why didn't he tweet this versus a French language interview on RDS
Maybe because RDS is basically Montreal's version of ESPN? RDS is literally the french version of ESPN... and Lebrun is a Montreal native.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
Well what a day. You figure one of these reports must be true though.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
So we have Roc supposedly talking directly to GJ as his tweet said "Per GJ" and we have someone named Pierre saying something completely opposite. Yeah I know he works for ESPN but I'm guessing Pierre would rather the Coyotes move to QC.
LeBrun has said on Twitter before that he hopes the team stays.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
If it doesn't close, I'm sure they will drag it at least through February to get the last payment from the season ticket holders that chose the payment plan. I know my last payment is February 15th. I won't be paying that if it doesn't close even if it means losing the rest of my tickets. Screw that.
hmmm you must have elected to have the balance paid in two installments when they called. I just paid the tab off when they called, in one easy payment.

Old
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
LeBrun has said on Twitter before that he hopes the team stays.
Of course. That's the PC thing to say publicly.

Old
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Mike Sunnuks (BTW his new beard looks creepy) on Horizon tonight:

- The Town is done with extensions
- If GJ can't get it done then who can?
-(speculative) that if GJ cant get it done here he could buy and move
- No one else steps forward at this point.
- He hasn't pulled out for a reason, his sources suggest its going to get done.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:22 PM
RABBIT
Captain Cook

So let's get a poll started. Yay or nay? Does this get done?

Old
01-29-2013, 09:23 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
It Finally Happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
so let's get a poll started. Yay or nay? Does this get done?
50/50.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
There is a link to audio or video (not sure which) to LeBrun's actual words (in the BoH forum), but it's in French - so google translate will be even less help than usual.

Unless zz (OEL, now) can help us out.

Here you go, OEL....

...let us know if you've got the time.
Well, sorry for the late follow-up, looks like you guys already got a translation. Sounds exactly like one of your previous posts, rt: LeBrun heard Jamison's not going to make the deadline, but he expects the NHL to give him more time to get his investors lined up and negotiate a new lease. He also thinks it's going to drag out for quite some time, but believes Jamison's our last possible shot at keeping the team. Once that group folds, the Yotes are gone.

That's pretty much what most of us have been expecting for weeks now, and the only reports of the contrary seem to be coming from local schmucks who've been proven way wrong before.

I'll believe it when I see it. For now, my expectation is that the agony is going to be extended until June.

Last edited by zz: 01-29-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
One way or another, we get more head games.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well what a day. You figure one of these reports must be true though.
that's an old George Carlin bit:

"The following statement is true."
"The preceding statement was false."

Old
01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
OOEEL

One thing I just thought of, for Jamison to buy the team doesn't he have to get the Board of Governors to vote still?

How much of the process does he need to have completed before Friday so that the lease agreement doesn't run out? Cause say he gets the money to the league on Thursday, is that good enough or does he actually need to have documentation from the league saying he's been vetted and owns the team?

And how quickly can they have a BoG vote? Can it be done via phone/skype/whatever? Or do they all need to be there in person? Cause that would be the kicker if he has the money to the league by Thursday afternoon but the Governors can't get together right then and there so he can't finish the process and actually "own" the team till Friday, thus voiding the lease deal.

The I think about this the more questions I have and the less likely this all seems to get completed.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:17 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

BOG vote can be done by fax or by conference call. I'd imagine they've been briefed on where GJ is at money wise and what to expect. They have a contingency plan in place, in the event he does sign and in the event he doesn't. If we see Bettman stick his neck out for the council, you can be assured GJ is the real deal. But if instead we get posturing in the media and lipservice, watch out.

Basically, the lease can be signed right now (as I understand it) but you shouldn't sign a 20 year lease unless you have a team to go with it. As soon as the NHL considers the deal done, GJ can sign the lease. It could be that they have been vetting up until this point, or came down in price recently. It could also be that this is a giant shell game meant to distract ticket buyers during a lame duck season. GJ really doesn't stand to lose much if that's the case.

So be careful what you believe. When the count and GJ get rolled out in front of a podium, I'll believe the deal is done. We aren't there yet. If you don't hear anything by the conclusion of the Oiler game, it's not going to happen.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:30 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
It Finally Happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
When the count and GJ get rolled out in front of a podium, I'll believe the deal is done.
I might not even believe it then, could be a mirage

Old
01-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Matthew McConaughey
Alright, Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Maybe because RDS is basically Montreal's version of ESPN? RDS is literally the french version of ESPN... and Lebrun is a Montreal native.
I think you mean TSN, not ESPN. RDS is a French language (not Montreal) version of TSN (The Sports Network).

Sounds like the new council and Mayor have no appetite for a $300 million pill. Do you think the new Mayor/council has ANY interest in the Coyotes staying? At what cost?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
Do you think the new Mayor/council has ANY interest in the Coyotes staying? At what cost?
They secretly want them to stay. It will look awful if the team leaves under their watch. There will also be severe consequences for Westgate. They are a bunch of ideological morons and career politicians. Who knows what they will do when things are actually on the line. Saying no to an extension just gives the league an easy out. They save all face by making it the council's decision. No one can possibly argue they let the Coyotes walk or didn't fight for the city after that.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:16 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

well its been 12 hours and no other major news outlet picked up the LeBrun RDS story, yet a dozen have ran with essentially the Biz Journal story that he will close...

Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
I think you mean TSN, not ESPN. RDS is a French language (not Montreal) version of TSN (The Sports Network).

Sounds like the new council and Mayor have no appetite for a $300 million pill. Do you think the new Mayor/council has ANY interest in the Coyotes staying? At what cost?
He works for TSN AND ESPN, all three are the same thing. ESPN owns part of TSN/RDS. ESPN is the American network, TSN is the canadian version of ESPN and RDS is the french version of TSN... or french canadian version of ESPN.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
well its been 12 hours and no other major news outlet picked up the LeBrun RDS story, yet a dozen have ran with essentially the Biz Journal story that he will close...
Language barrier I suppose. Many outlets ran with Lebrun's story here. In any case Lebrun's reputation is great while Sunnuck's is at rock bottom...

Closed Thread