HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eller to CHI

Old
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I love how a 12th overall pick with 16 goals last year and a 2nd round pick is somehow disrespectful for the 18th overall pick who hasn't played a game in N.A.
It's hfboards

2013 1st > a prospect picked top 5 in 2012 > a player progressing as expected to their potential > any established NHL player

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While I know that many Habs' fans, especially English speaking ones, don't want to recognize the new reality of Bergevin, Molson and this new leadership, the team will try to get more French Canadian players.

I could definitely see the Habs having interest in a prospect like Danault. Whether it's Eller, who knows...
You mean you don't want Philppe Paradis?

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:44 AM
jpchabby

I know Eller is getting older now, but I believe his true realistic potential is a good two-way 3rd line center, who can put up 35 points a year, including between 15 and 20 goals, and who can very well replace an injured 2nd line center because he does have offensive skills (especially puck control).

I don't think I'm overrating him by saying this: last year I think he was 22 years old, and he put up 16 goals on a third line with grinders like Moen, and when he was put with a more skilled guy (Kostitsyn), he showed great offensive abilities.

So I don't think he has zero value, I think his value is good. Not amazing, but good. If he can play a little better than he's doing right now this season, his value could go up even a little more.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
canadianeh

Honestly, I don't see a deal that both teams would be willing to do. Montreal's biggest need would be a Scoring winger (preferrably LW), or the same in a prospect, and I can't see whre Chicago has any they could/would trade to get Eller.

I just wish Montreal would plug Lars into the 3rd line C position and see what happens.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianeh View Post
Honestly, I don't see a deal that both teams would be willing to do. Montreal's biggest need would be a Scoring winger (preferrably LW), or the same in a prospect, and I can't see whre Chicago has any they could/would trade to get Eller.

I just wish Montreal would plug Lars into the 3rd line C position and see what happens.
With Plekanec, Deshanais and Galchenyuk on the top 3 lines, one of them needs to be moved. DD would be my choice, move him to wing on the 3rd line with Eller and perhaps Prust? the Gally twins can take Cole on.

But eventually one of the centres will need to be moved, my guess is Desharnais is the odd man out if he fails to make an impact as a winger.

As for Eller to CHI, not likely. I'd rather Bergevin takes a gamble on Beach, trade a 4th rd pick, or Weber for Beach + 6th or something like that, plug him into a 3rd line and give it a go.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote