HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobby Ryan

Old
01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan

Could he be the high end winger giroux needs to help break this team out of this goal scoring slump? And if so, will it be through trade this year or via unrestricted free agency this off season (or next)? The franchise is def high on him.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:59 AM
chinatown81592
Smash Bros Hype!

UFA after 2014-2015

chinatown81592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

They do need a player like him...package fatboy Jake and try and get this dude. Of course it all depends on the price. I know Anaheim requested Couturier like most teams do..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:02 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
UFA after 2014-2015
Then Anaheim will need to be reasonable with the trade proposals

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

good player for sure but probably not near what his asking price would be

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I liked when the Ducks were playing the Wild and Ryan scored a goal with Mikko Koivu's stick then tried to give it back to him right after. Hilarious.

01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Make a strong push for Corey perry in the offseason.

If we're out of the playoff picture, then move kimmo to a contender at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect maybe. Maybe spin the tires on trying to move Danny at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect.

Then you have 3 1st rounders, including a chance at the first overall pick even if we just miss the playoffs (though unlikely), to draft a couple defensemen and a winger in a deep draft, and maybe gustafsson comes back and is good or gostisbehere will be ready to compete for a 3rd pairing role.

Last edited by orange is better: 01-30-2013 at 10:40 AM.
orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Make a strong push for Corey perry in the offseason.

If we're out of the playoff picture, then move kimmo to a contender at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect maybe. Maybe spin the tires on trying to move Danny at the deadline for a 1st and a prospect.

Then you have 3 1st rounders, including a chance at the first overall pick even if we just miss the playoffs (though unlikely), to draft a couple defensemen and a winger in a deep draft.
While this is the dream scenario (well, other than a deep playoff run that is), I think Perry is a definite target this offseason.

We would really need to be out of it for Holmgren to approach Briere and/or Timmonen about waiving their NMCs. In Briere's case, I could only see him doing it for an extremely limited number of teams such that there's no way we get back a 1st rounder. We're talking maybe 5-6 teams he'd consider.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
no need to trade for him

he's most likely coming here in 2 years

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
They do need a player like him...package fatboy Jake and try and get this dude. Of course it all depends on the price. I know Anaheim requested Couturier like most teams do..
Ryan is off to a tough start as well in Anaheim. Maybe a change of scenery trade? Ryan is still a better player then Jake so I dont know what else the Flyers could trade. If the Ducks still want a center in return then I guess its not going to happen.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Ryan is off to a tough start as well in Anaheim. Maybe a change of scenery trade? Ryan is still a better player then Jake so I dont know what else the Flyers could trade. If the Ducks still want a center in return then I guess its not going to happen.
Dream trade IMO would be B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Voracek + 2014 1st for Fowler + Ryan.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Dream trade IMO would be B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Voracek + 2014 1st for Fowler + Ryan.
Not sure that's a dream with the 1st rounder thrown in, considering we open a gap in our already paper-thin top 6 in the process.

01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Not sure that's a dream with the 1st rounder thrown in, considering we open a gap in our already paper-thin top 6 in the process.
I think it's a pretty fair trade. We throw the 1st in to make sure it gets done.

As far as opening up a gap in our top 6, our top 6 isn't all that thin when everyone is healthy. But if you're talking about this year, I couldn't care less. We're going nowhere.

Ryan-Giroux-Hartnell
Simmonds-Couturier-Briere

Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no need to trade for him

he's most likely coming here in 2 years
If what happened in Anaheim over the past couple of seasons stick irks him, then I do see him coming here as a UFA.

If we can ice this...

Hartnell - Giroux - Ryan
Voracek - Couturier - xxxxx
Simmonds - Laughton - Schenn
Talbot - Cousins - McGinn/Rinaldo/Wellwood

At the start of 2015-16, I'll be a very happy person.

I would, however, not trade for Ryan at this point. We'd have to overpay, which I'm not interested in.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I'd rather take a shot at him in FA.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:43 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Could he be the high end winger giroux needs to help break this team out of this goal scoring slump? And if so, will it be through trade this year or via unrestricted free agency this off season (or next)? The franchise is def high on him.
Who says the franchise is high on him?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Quote:
Ryan never did ask for a trade, but because his father has been close to Flyers organizational higher-ups for years, especially Hall of Famer Bobby Clarke, a lot of hockey people believe he'll someday play for his hometown team.

Ryan worked out Tuesday morning with some of the Flyers' top players — Scott Hartnell, Danny Briere and Kimmo Timonen, among others. Ryan, who lives in Idaho during the summer and in Newport Beach, Calif., during hockey seasons, will skate with the Flyers again today, then return to California. Because he has no plans to play overseas during the lockout — he doesn’t want to take anyone’s job — Ryan will travel back to South Jersey to skate with Flyers players again if the lockout prolongs.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ockey_hearsay/

There is a long-standing relationship between Bobby Ryan, his family and the Flyers. I have little doubt that as a UFA, there will be a ton of mutual interest in playing for the team he not only rooted for as a kid, but whose senior leaders supported him coming up.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:03 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ockey_hearsay/

There is a long-standing relationship between Bobby Ryan, his family and the Flyers. I have little doubt that as a UFA, there will be a ton of mutual interest in playing for the team he not only rooted for as a kid, but whose senior leaders supported him coming up.
Whic his the whole reason why trading for him is a dumb idea. I know he isn't a UFA until 2015, but we aren't going to be a contender until then at the earliest anyways

Just wait it out, and he'll come here......assuming he reaches UFA status

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This is the worst kept secret in the NHL.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
That trade is awful.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Kershaw

I've watched my fair share of Ducks games since there were always rumors of him heading to the Rangers, but I've been very unimpressed by him. He seems to have declined as a player since his rookie year. In his rookie year, he was playing with so much intensity playing a lot of shifts with 4th line scrubs like Parros and Marchant before inevitably being moved up to the top 6 and never look back. He hasn't really matched that intensity from my own personal views, even if he was putting up the point totals. It doesn't help that the GM of the team is openly admitting to have shopped him, that may make Ryan play a bit disgruntled. I think the Flyers are better off parlaying assets for a PMD like Yandle instead.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I've watched my fair share of Ducks games since there were always rumors of him heading to the Rangers, but I've been very unimpressed by him. He seems to have declined as a player since his rookie year. In his rookie year, he was playing with so much intensity playing a lot of shifts with 4th line scrubs like Parros and Marchant before inevitably being moved up to the top 6 and never look back. He hasn't really matched that intensity from my own personal views, even if he was putting up the point totals. It doesn't help that the GM of the team is openly admitting to have shopped him, that may make Ryan play a bit disgruntled. I think the Flyers are better off parlaying assets for a PMD like Yandle instead.

I don't disagree with you, I think judging from our season thus far though, it's evident that our sophomores will not be able to carry the load offensively (or so it seems right now). However packaging a few of those pieces for a stud like Yandle may help our defence but will completely gut whatever offense we do have. We just don't have the guys who can step in and replace the pieces needed to land a Yandle... IMHO

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
chinatown81592
Smash Bros Hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Hence a good portion of us want to wait until he's a UFA rather than moving assets right now in order to acquire him. We def. could use a PMD like Yandle though.

chinatown81592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Would love to have Bobby Ryan in the orange and black, but as of now we don't have the expendable assets it would take to acquire him in a trade. The best thing we can do is wait until he is a free agent and sign him then.

Gonna be a long wait, but it'll probably be worth it by then as all our young guns will be more mature and adding a first liner like Ryan may be the push over the top we'll need.

Despite what Duck fans say though, I think Ryan could be had for Voracek+Laughton+1st, but again, I don't want to move any of those pieces right now.

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
That trade is awful.
Gotta give to get. We have no number 1 defender and we have no goal scoring wingers to play w/ Giroux.