HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
  #276
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
hopefully just a little while. but this lack of news is kind of worrying.
That's because he's ****ed up. I expect him out a month at the least.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #277
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,062
vCash: 500
I don't think it was deliberate...

...but what the **** was Talbot doing? He had his arm and was jerking him around instead of trying to fight.

I guess he didn't want to get embarrassed like when he tried to paw at Avery.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  #278
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post



Great post this is why
Rupp
Bickel
Asham are on the team 2-0 nothing to gain purely stupid

You're a team captain, you're playing one of your biggest rivals at home, they crash the net and start some funny business.. you start to scrum and get into a little tustle. (Wasnt even a 5 minute major).

If Cally lays him out there everyone loves it and doesnt think twice. If they both skate to the penalty box after a crappy fight or a wrestle we praise the captain for showing some emotion at the Garden... I think its a complete non-issue and monday-morning quarterbacking to say the least. Cally could have run into the side boards or blocked one of the 1,000 shots from the point he blocks each year and got injured just as easily.

This argument is crap, all due respect.

As far as Talbot injuring him? Thats ridiculous. Its a freak injury. Popped his shoulder out, dislocation probably. What concerns me is the length of time its taking to find out. Usually when you have a shoulder injury theyll take some X-rays making the patient hold a weight in that hand to see if theres any separation. I had to do that when i separated my shoulder. They may have wanted to go straight to the MRI and still looking at results. But who am I im no doctor.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
  #279
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You're a team captain, you're playing one of your biggest rivals at home, they crash the net and start some funny business.. you start to scrum and get into a little tustle. (Wasnt even a 5 minute major).

If Cally lays him out there everyone loves it and doesnt think twice. If they both skate to the penalty box after a crappy fight or a wrestle we praise the captain for showing some emotion at the Garden... I think its a complete non-issue and monday-morning quarterbacking to say the least. Cally could have run into the side boards or blocked one of the 1,000 shots from the point he blocks each year and got injured just as easily.

This argument is crap, all due respect.

As far as Talbot injuring him? Thats ridiculous. Its a freak injury. Popped his shoulder out, dislocation probably.
Great post. I don't know what is worse, the guys blaming Cally or those going after Talbot for this.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
  #280
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Cuz Talbot had already dropped his gloves and was trying to punch Callahan in the face
Exactly. Not to mention Talbot was whacking away at Hank to begin with. What is he supposed to do? I'm just shocked people are getting on Cally for this.

It was a bad, awkward situation.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
  #281
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
And like others have mentioned, it sucks but the team has to find a way.

More than ever we are going to need the leadership in the room to step up and set the tone in games with a hit or shot block, which Cally was awesome at doing.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
  #282
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
Great post. I don't know what is worse, the guys blaming Cally or those going after Talbot for this.
yea you're absolutely right, why should we target Talbot, after all he was the guy Callahan was fighting when this innocent injury transpired...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
  #283
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Any updates???? I'm being crippled by injuries in my pool

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
  #284
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,686
vCash: 420
I expected the "Callahan shouldn't be fighting" rhetoric. After all, when he broke his ankle there was a strong movement against the Rangers blocking shots.

The attacks on Talbot are baffling though.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
  #285
McDonagh27
Registered User
 
McDonagh27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Any updates???? I'm being crippled by injuries in my pool
If you're relying on Cally to get your team points, it can't be too good to start with lol

McDonagh27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
  #286
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
No matter what the injury is the Rangers are going to say: Upper body injury and out indefinitely. I'm pretty sure the extent of the injury would have to leak out for us to know anything. The Rangers should and will be tight lipped about this.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  #287
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
No matter what the injury is the Rangers are going to say: Upper body injury and out indefinitely. I'm pretty sure the extent of the injury would have to leak out for us to know anything. The Rangers should and will be tight lipped about this.
I expect this:
Quote:
Ryan Callahan -- Out day-to-day, flu-like symptons

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
  #288
MugatuNYR
so hot right now
 
MugatuNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
It could be anything from a slight sprain to a full labrum tear. So anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months. The way he was holding his arm and rushed off the ice after the incident is not a good indication. I'm expecting the worst.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
  #289
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
“@NYRangers: #NYR on ice for practice, no Callahan or Kreider...and no official word yet on Callahan's condition”

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
  #290
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Cally's going to be out for months. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's as bad a situation as some think. Cally is the heart and soul for sure, but he can still lead and inspire from afar. But more than that, our team is very good at handling adversity, at the 'never say die' type of mentality. If anything could spark us, bring us together, get us to compete harder, get players to step up and to give others a chance to prove their mettle, this can. This in and of itself could be the type of catalyst that wakes Kreider up, for example.

So it's a blow for sure, as regardless of his performance so far Cally is the face of this team and its ethic. But his inspiration, leadership and example will still be near and felt, and we as a team have the heart and will to compete even harder due to the loss. So time will tell, as to how long Cally will be out and as to how as a team we respond to it. But in some warped yet could quite possibly be the case way, this could end up being just the catalyst we needed...

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
  #291
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Mild shoulder sprain out 1 to 2 weeks..book it. Did almost exactly the same thing during MMA grappling. Hurt like a *****

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
  #292
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Mild shoulder sprain out 1 to 2 weeks..book it. Did almost exactly the same thing during MMA grappling. Hurt like a *****

You really think that? Highly unlikely. Talbot said he even felt it pop out. You think that's merely a mild shoulder strain?

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
  #293
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Cally's going to be out for months. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's as bad a situation as some think. Cally is the heart and soul for sure, but he can still lead and inspire from afar. But more than that, our team is very good at handling adversity, at the 'never say die' type of mentality. If anything could spark us, bring us together, get us to compete harder, get players to step up and to give others a chance to prove their mettle, this can. This in and of itself could be the type of catalyst that wakes Kreider up, for example.

So it's a blow for sure, as regardless of his performance so far Cally is the face of this team and its ethic. But his inspiration, leadership and example will still be near and felt, and we as a team have the heart and will to compete even harder due to the loss. So time will tell, as to how long Cally will be out and as to how as a team we respond to it. But in some warped yet could quite possibly be the case way, this could end up being just the catalyst we needed...
Well said, that is definitely how they should respond. Hope they do.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
  #294
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
You really think that? Highly unlikely. Talbot said he even felt it pop out. You think that's merely a mild shoulder strain?
Seriously?

****!

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
  #295
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
“@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan will undergo an MRI later today, possible results will be available before tomorrow.. It's his left shoulder.”

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  #296
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
You really think that? Highly unlikely. Talbot said he even felt it pop out. You think that's merely a mild shoulder strain?
Talbot aint no Dr. Recchi

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
  #297
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@AGrossRecord: ... It's his left shoulder.
LMFAO as if that part had been in question...

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
  #298
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Talbot aint no Dr. Recchi
Nor would he have needed to be...

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
  #299
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,043
vCash: 500
Feeling Callahan's shoulder pop doesn't mean much. You can feel someone's arm "pop" even if it's just the joint popping like you'd crack your knuckles.

Obviously there's more damage here than that but that still doesn't really tell us much at all

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
  #300
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan will undergo an MRI later today, possible results will be available before tomorrow.. It's his left shoulder.
Also, Callahan got hurt last night.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.