HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Old
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
hopefully just a little while. but this lack of news is kind of worrying.
That's because he's ****ed up. I expect him out a month at the least.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't think it was deliberate...

...but what the **** was Talbot doing? He had his arm and was jerking him around instead of trying to fight.

I guess he didn't want to get embarrassed like when he tried to paw at Avery.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post

Great post this is why
Rupp
Bickel
Asham are on the team 2-0 nothing to gain purely stupid

You're a team captain, you're playing one of your biggest rivals at home, they crash the net and start some funny business.. you start to scrum and get into a little tustle. (Wasnt even a 5 minute major).

If Cally lays him out there everyone loves it and doesnt think twice. If they both skate to the penalty box after a crappy fight or a wrestle we praise the captain for showing some emotion at the Garden... I think its a complete non-issue and monday-morning quarterbacking to say the least. Cally could have run into the side boards or blocked one of the 1,000 shots from the point he blocks each year and got injured just as easily.

This argument is crap, all due respect.

As far as Talbot injuring him? Thats ridiculous. Its a freak injury. Popped his shoulder out, dislocation probably. What concerns me is the length of time its taking to find out. Usually when you have a shoulder injury theyll take some X-rays making the patient hold a weight in that hand to see if theres any separation. I had to do that when i separated my shoulder. They may have wanted to go straight to the MRI and still looking at results. But who am I im no doctor.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
You're a team captain, you're playing one of your biggest rivals at home, they crash the net and start some funny business.. you start to scrum and get into a little tustle. (Wasnt even a 5 minute major).

If Cally lays him out there everyone loves it and doesnt think twice. If they both skate to the penalty box after a crappy fight or a wrestle we praise the captain for showing some emotion at the Garden... I think its a complete non-issue and monday-morning quarterbacking to say the least. Cally could have run into the side boards or blocked one of the 1,000 shots from the point he blocks each year and got injured just as easily.

This argument is crap, all due respect.

As far as Talbot injuring him? Thats ridiculous. Its a freak injury. Popped his shoulder out, dislocation probably.
Great post. I don't know what is worse, the guys blaming Cally or those going after Talbot for this.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Cuz Talbot had already dropped his gloves and was trying to punch Callahan in the face
Exactly. Not to mention Talbot was whacking away at Hank to begin with. What is he supposed to do? I'm just shocked people are getting on Cally for this.

It was a bad, awkward situation.

01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

And like others have mentioned, it sucks but the team has to find a way.

More than ever we are going to need the leadership in the room to step up and set the tone in games with a hit or shot block, which Cally was awesome at doing.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
Great post. I don't know what is worse, the guys blaming Cally or those going after Talbot for this.
yea you're absolutely right, why should we target Talbot, after all he was the guy Callahan was fighting when this innocent injury transpired...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Crows*

Any updates???? I'm being crippled by injuries in my pool

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I expected the "Callahan shouldn't be fighting" rhetoric. After all, when he broke his ankle there was a strong movement against the Rangers blocking shots.

The attacks on Talbot are baffling though.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Any updates???? I'm being crippled by injuries in my pool
If you're relying on Cally to get your team points, it can't be too good to start with lol

McDonagh27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

No matter what the injury is the Rangers are going to say: Upper body injury and out indefinitely. I'm pretty sure the extent of the injury would have to leak out for us to know anything. The Rangers should and will be tight lipped about this.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
No matter what the injury is the Rangers are going to say: Upper body injury and out indefinitely. I'm pretty sure the extent of the injury would have to leak out for us to know anything. The Rangers should and will be tight lipped about this.
I expect this:
Quote:
Ryan Callahan -- Out day-to-day, flu-like symptons

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

It could be anything from a slight sprain to a full labrum tear. So anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months. The way he was holding his arm and rushed off the ice after the incident is not a good indication. I'm expecting the worst.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
nevesis

“@NYRangers: #NYR on ice for practice, no Callahan or Kreider...and no official word yet on Callahan's condition”

Old
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
IAMREALITY

I'm pretty convinced at this point that Cally's going to be out for months. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's as bad a situation as some think. Cally is the heart and soul for sure, but he can still lead and inspire from afar. But more than that, our team is very good at handling adversity, at the 'never say die' type of mentality. If anything could spark us, bring us together, get us to compete harder, get players to step up and to give others a chance to prove their mettle, this can. This in and of itself could be the type of catalyst that wakes Kreider up, for example.

So it's a blow for sure, as regardless of his performance so far Cally is the face of this team and its ethic. But his inspiration, leadership and example will still be near and felt, and we as a team have the heart and will to compete even harder due to the loss. So time will tell, as to how long Cally will be out and as to how as a team we respond to it. But in some warped yet could quite possibly be the case way, this could end up being just the catalyst we needed...

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mild shoulder sprain out 1 to 2 weeks..book it. Did almost exactly the same thing during MMA grappling. Hurt like a *****

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Mild shoulder sprain out 1 to 2 weeks..book it. Did almost exactly the same thing during MMA grappling. Hurt like a *****

You really think that? Highly unlikely. Talbot said he even felt it pop out. You think that's merely a mild shoulder strain?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Cally's going to be out for months. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's as bad a situation as some think. Cally is the heart and soul for sure, but he can still lead and inspire from afar. But more than that, our team is very good at handling adversity, at the 'never say die' type of mentality. If anything could spark us, bring us together, get us to compete harder, get players to step up and to give others a chance to prove their mettle, this can. This in and of itself could be the type of catalyst that wakes Kreider up, for example.

So it's a blow for sure, as regardless of his performance so far Cally is the face of this team and its ethic. But his inspiration, leadership and example will still be near and felt, and we as a team have the heart and will to compete even harder due to the loss. So time will tell, as to how long Cally will be out and as to how as a team we respond to it. But in some warped yet could quite possibly be the case way, this could end up being just the catalyst we needed...
Well said, that is definitely how they should respond. Hope they do.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
You really think that? Highly unlikely. Talbot said he even felt it pop out. You think that's merely a mild shoulder strain?
Seriously?

****!

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
nevesis

“@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan will undergo an MRI later today, possible results will be available before tomorrow.. It's his left shoulder.”

Old
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Talbot aint no Dr. Recchi

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@AGrossRecord: ... It's his left shoulder.
LMFAO as if that part had been in question...

Old
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Talbot aint no Dr. Recchi
Nor would he have needed to be...

Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Levitate

Feeling Callahan's shoulder pop doesn't mean much. You can feel someone's arm "pop" even if it's just the joint popping like you'd crack your knuckles.

Obviously there's more damage here than that but that still doesn't really tell us much at all

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@AGrossRecord: Ryan Callahan will undergo an MRI later today, possible results will be available before tomorrow.. It's his left shoulder.
Also, Callahan got hurt last night.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote