HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Rayan O'Rayli , From Russia with love

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
This is what Subban said a few days before agreeing to a deal.

“It’s come down to this — I want to be paid what I’m worth,”

"“Do I see myself playing for any other team? From a business standpoint, I’m sure there are other teams where I could fit in and be a big part of things moving forward, give them a chance to win."

At some point pride and stubborness has to end and reality set in. Avs are the ones controlling his future. So they don't want to pay him $5M/year? Get over it and sign a bridge contract and force them to pay him $5M/year next time. Time to act like a professional.

I don't think O'Reilly will have much problems in the locker room when he comes back. He was well liked before and his teammates will get over him holding out. Subban had problems before all this so it's a different situation.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:31 AM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Money dispute, and in my opinion, captaincy dispute too as I feel O'Reilly probably thought that he was going to be named captain over Landeskog. That could have added to his anger, who knows. All I know is I don't care what happens anymore. If he comes back, great, he'll remain one of my favourite players. If he gets traded, I hope its to the Leafs so he can rot with them and never sniff the playoffs or the Islanders so he can play for the wanger

Old
01-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Money dispute, and in my opinion, captaincy dispute too as I feel O'Reilly probably thought that he was going to be named captain over Landeskog. That could have added to his anger, who knows. All I know is I don't care what happens anymore. If he comes back, great, he'll remain one of my favourite players. If he gets traded, I hope its to the Leafs so he can rot with them and never sniff the playoffs or the Islanders so he can play for the wanger
Yeah, pure speculation.

One thing is for sure, even if he was one of the top choices you couldn't make him a captain during the ongoing contract dispute.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:20 AM
JetsFan815

I don't understand why people still think that O'Reilly will ever play for the Avs again. There is too much bad blood now. Even Subban who is known to have the ego the size of Mt. Everest decided to come down from his inital price (and Subban's initial price was justified). Who does O'Reilly think he is? Eric Lindros? Outrageous price demands and apprently acting like a diva over not getting the captaincy. I don't see how he ever gets the respect of the Avs locker room and the organization again. If he is being shopped around as rumored then organisations should think twice before trading for him. Who's to say he won't pull this same crap again?

Old
01-30-2013, 03:28 AM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
I don't understand why people still think that O'Reilly will ever play for the Avs again. There is too much bad blood now. Even Subban who is known to have the ego the size of Mt. Everest decided to come down from his inital price (and Subban's initial price was justified). Who does O'Reilly think he is? Eric Lindros? Outrageous price demands and apprently acting like a diva over not getting the captaincy. I don't see how he ever gets the respect of the Avs locker room and the organization again. If he is being shopped around as rumored then organisations should think twice before trading for him. Who's to say he won't pull this same crap again?
Better players have held out longer for more money and come back to their clubs.

That said I don't think most Avalanche fans are holding their breath.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Better players have held out longer for more money and come back to their clubs.

Held out during the season? Signed in Russia with an out clause that says he has to be paid higher in the NHL to be released?

Old
01-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

What is the history with Avalanche and people holding out? I think most of them got traded at some point..

Old
01-30-2013, 06:41 AM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

Is there a rule that says we can't have......... 2 captains?

Get it done!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Can you name a few of these players who had yet to sign a contract in Freaking February?

Old
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Can you name a few of these players who had yet to sign a contract in Freaking February?
The lockout makes this more equivalent to mid November or so though

Old
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBroomers View Post
The lockout makes this more equivalent to mid November or so though
But it's not November. It's a 48 game season where every game counts. He is doing more harm holding out now than he would be doing if it was a regular 82 game season.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Man...if he does get traded, why do I have the sinking feeling that the Avs will screw it up and get less value in return?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...if he does get traded, why do I have the sinking feeling that the Avs will screw it up and get less value in return?
this

Old
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
cgf

Quote:
Because you're letting your frustration overtake the reality that Greg from accounting hasn't made a trade like that yet?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Because you're letting your frustration overtake the reality that Greg from accounting hasn't made a trade like that yet?
I know he hasn't, as I even have acknowledged that in a post in one of the O'Reilly threads.

But it also only takes one bad trade to define your "legacy" so to speak.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Because we most likely will. Something like Bozak and a 2nd

Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
finds71

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Because we most likely will. Something like Bozak and a 2nd
If that`s all we can get... might as well forget about a trade. Honestly I would rather see him signing an offer sheet with Toronto and get a 1st and 3rd round pick...

Old
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
I just want it to end soon, I don't even care how. Trade his ass or sign his ass, do one or the other and do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
I just want it to end soon, I don't even care how. Trade his ass or sign his ass, do one or the other and do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or they could, you know, wait until they get what they want in a trade...

Closed Thread