HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 01:01 AM
ales83fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I'm sure Hemsky has value. Truth be told, the most value he'll hold is to the Blue Jackets imo.

Howson has long said to be a big fan of Hemsky. If we do move him, I'd bet money it's to there.
Oh I'm sure teams would take him. He'd look great with Malkin and Neal.

What I'm saying is that the return will not be even close to what he brings to the team.

Just like with the Penner trade. For the record, I wanted to move Penner. Still, what do we see in terms of tangible results from that trade? I guess Klefbom down the road, but he could still be years from making the NHL team, and maybe years from then before he makes an impact, if ever.

But no... Let's run Hemsky out of town! He doesn't shoot on the PP (he does have 2 goals though)!!!!
He is the first off the ice at practice!!!!! (which although I don't like, is how he gets ready to play the game).

Anyways, I'd love to hear what would be a successful season for Hemsky.

Unless he brings home the Hart, fans will be complaining.

Also, not targeting you specifically, just that I am fairly frustrated with the general opinion around here of a player that is an asset to our team. As a Oiler fan, I don't know why we want to chase him out of town. We will be worse off when we do it.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm sure Hemsky has value. Truth be told, the most value he'll hold is to the Blue Jackets imo.

Howson has long said to be a big fan of Hemsky. If we do move him, I'd bet money it's to there.
Just a bit of late night fantasy.

Hemsky + Whitney for Tyutin + 3rd 2013

Potter + 3rd 2013(CLB) for Bishop

Khabby for 2nd2013 (PHX)

At the draft, our 1st + all 3 2nds to move up as high as we can (4-7 range?) for Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan or Nichushkin

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Paajarvi - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Hartikainen - Belanger - Petrell
Hordichuck, Eager

Tyutin - J Schultz
Smid - Petry
Fistric - N Schultz
Peckham

Dubnyk
Bishop

Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1400
Quote:

They do have three first round picks in the upcoming draft.

Sadly we would have to add to get any of them.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:34 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
They do have three first round picks in the upcoming draft.

Sadly we would have to add to get any of them.
I think you're undervaluing Hemsky a bit.

This is a guy who was worth a 2nd and a 4th at his terrible 36 points in 60 some game pace.

In a close race like this one, he's probably worth a first rounder, even with the added salary. His overseas strong play, ability to stay healthy so far and scoring early on will do that.

If he slumps, the first rounder projection is a bit more murky. If he gets hurt, we're back to a 2nd and a 4th

Remember, Paul Gaustad got a 1st rounder. Paul....Gaustad....

Old
01-30-2013, 02:48 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Just a bit of late night fantasy.

Hemsky + Whitney for Tyutin + 3rd 2013

Potter + 3rd 2013(CLB) for Bishop

Khabby for 2nd2013 (PHX)

At the draft, our 1st + all 3 2nds to move up as high as we can (4-7 range?) for Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan or Nichushkin

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Paajarvi - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Hartikainen - Belanger - Petrell
Hordichuck, Eager

Tyutin - J Schultz
Smid - Petry
Fistric - N Schultz
Peckham

Dubnyk
Bishop
Brutal trade, you need more of a defensive D to be paired with J.Schultz and Tyutin would be better paired off with Fistric. Tyutin also has a cap hit of 4.5M for the next 5.5yrs. Tyutin is over valued and over priced, IMO.

Bishop trade is about right though, but I don't think you'll get a 2nd for Khabby from the Coyotes unless they are desperate, and if they were, why not trade that second to Ottawa for Bishop.

By chance did that fantasy involve a case of beer.

Last edited by WeridAl: 01-30-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
When it comes to Clowe or Horton I would rather have Clowe but he will resign in SJ.

This summer there are not going to be too many teams that will be hurting with the cap, it is the following year when a lot of teams have players that have multiple players with ELC that are expiring.
San Jose has $10M in cap space to sign 10 players next year. There had been talk of dealing Marleau or Thorton and retooling with the young guys but I think at this point that might be off the table.

If they resign Clowe they have to do something. Maybe buyout/trade one of Havlat or Boyle?

Old
01-30-2013, 09:07 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Brutal trade, you need more of a defensive D to be paired with J.Schultz and Tyutin would be better paired off with Fistric. Tyutin also has a cap hit of 4.5M for the next 5.5yrs. Tyutin is over valued and over priced, IMO.

Bishop trade is about right though, but I don't think you'll get a 2nd for Khabby from the Coyotes unless they are desperate, and if they were, why not trade that second to Ottawa for Bishop.

By chance did that fantasy involve a case of beer.
To each there own but I think Tyutin is a fantastic D and plays Smid's game a bit better than Laddy. I would have no problems pairing him with J Schultz as our biggest minute crunching pair.

I am not normally one to push for trading Hemsky, but if we could get Tyutin I would do it in a heartbeat.

And yes, there was a drink or two that inspired that one,

Old
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
To each there own but I think Tyutin is a fantastic D and plays Smid's game a bit better than Laddy. I would have no problems pairing him with J Schultz as our biggest minute crunching pair.

I am not normally one to push for trading Hemsky, but if we could get Tyutin I would do it in a heartbeat.

The stats point other wise. Tyutin is more of a PMD then Laddy, but that is were the comparison ends. Then there is the problem with Tyutin's contract, if your paying Tyutin 4.5M, you'll have to give it to Smid and the Oilers cannot afford that.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:

Anyone watching CBJ? Thought they had too many d-men, anyone of the young guys forcing Howson to make some room, or is Aucoin just going to be odd man out.

I probably make that trade too. Tyutin is a perfect 2nd pairing d-man. Plays ever situation, floats around 30 points a year and has some size with grit.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
The stats point other wise. Tyutin is more of a PMD then Laddy, but that is were the comparison ends. Then there is the problem with Tyutin's contract, if your paying Tyutin 4.5M, you'll have to give it to Smid and the Oilers cannot afford that.
Sign Smid today, trade for Tyutin tomorrow. Problem solved.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

I would only be okay for moving Hemsky for picks if it meant that we were going to either use those picks, or free agency to bring in another 2nd line player.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
McDoused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Oh I'm sure teams would take him. He'd look great with Malkin and Neal.

What I'm saying is that the return will not be even close to what he brings to the team.

Just like with the Penner trade. For the record, I wanted to move Penner. Still, what do we see in terms of tangible results from that trade? I guess Klefbom down the road, but he could still be years from making the NHL team, and maybe years from then before he makes an impact, if ever.

But no... Let's run Hemsky out of town! He doesn't shoot on the PP (he does have 2 goals though)!!!!
He is the first off the ice at practice!!!!! (which although I don't like, is how he gets ready to play the game).

Anyways, I'd love to hear what would be a successful season for Hemsky.

Unless he brings home the Hart, fans will be complaining.

Also, not targeting you specifically, just that I am fairly frustrated with the general opinion around here of a player that is an asset to our team. As a Oiler fan, I don't know why we want to chase him out of town. We will be worse off when we do it.
I think fans have an unrealistic idea that his cap could be used to bring In a player like Getzlaf (which would never happen).

Old
01-30-2013, 09:54 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sign Smid today, trade for Tyutin tomorrow. Problem solved.
Then you have to resign J.Schultz in a couple of years and what do you pay him, like I said Tyutin is over paid for his skill set.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Then you have to resign J.Schultz in a couple of years and what do you pay him, like I said Tyutin is over paid for his skill set.
So Eberle and Hall got 6 because Horcoff was 5.5mil?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 AM
joestevens29

Another example Subban, the guy is fourth on the Habs blueline with regards to cap hit.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
So Eberle and Hall got 6 because Horcoff was 5.5mil?
I almost wouldn't doubt it, Hall and Eb's needed to be the highest paid on the team IMO. We might have got them a bit cheaper if Horc's wasnt at 5.5M, maybe they sign for 5.75 if Horc's is at 5M or something like that.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Draiskull

vCash: 777
Quote:
The guy makes 500K more than Gilbert and N.Schultz.. Hits, blocks, puts up points, isnt small, isnt old and is currently leading his club in scoring..

No way CBJ give him up for Hemsky + change

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
San Jose has $10M in cap space to sign 10 players next year. There had been talk of dealing Marleau or Thorton and retooling with the young guys but I think at this point that might be off the table.

If they resign Clowe they have to do something. Maybe buyout/trade one of Havlat or Boyle?
It'll be interesting to see what SJ does.

If I had to guess, they'll try to deal Clowe and Murray for picks/prospects/bottom-of-lineup players, try to re-sign Handzus for a lower amount, and look to pick up another couple of basement bargain vets like Gomez this year to fill out the lineup.

I would imagine that they'd LOVE to find a taker for Havlat's last two years and use that money to round out the lineup, but he's lost a step, and he really just has a heck of a time playing more than one full season at a time, so I can't see a team built to win now wanting to risk it on him (and I doubt he'd waive his NTC to go to an also-ran team). There are a fair number of teams with cap space this year, and no major contracts to sign next year. The question is whether they'd rather give up assets and hope that Havlat stays healthy and productive, or whether they'd prefer to go the route of UFA.

Be interesting to see what happens with him (and the Sharks in general).

Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
joestevens29

Havlat is a big candidate to be bought out.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
joestevens29

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Y. Danis cleared Waivers. Carolina places Boychuk, SJ places McLaren, and NJ places Janssen on Waivers.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Draiskull

vCash: 777
Quote:
Havlat is a big candidate to be bought out.
If they win the cup both Boyle and Havlat will retire.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:16 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
If they win the cup both Boyle and Havlat will retire.
And leave a combined 17mil on the table? Very doubtful.

Boychuk to Isles?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Skm

Quote:
And leave a combined 17mil on the table? Very doubtful.

Boychuk to Isles?
What's the deal with Z.Boychuk? I always liked his game in the WHL, did it not translate to the NHL (size and style of play maybe)? Has decent AHL numbers.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
BowDangles

I am happy Danis cleared. I feel much more comfortable with him backing up than I do with Khabi..
Khabi will get a game in the next 4 days here and I am very nervous about it.. He has not played in a very long time and is coming off an injury. Hopefully he can ride adrenaline and stand on his head..

Old
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

I'm not a big fan of trading Hemsky. But if we did, I don't want magic beans. We need size, and a right-handed shot to replace him. Maybe something around Drew Stafford from BUF.

Closed Thread