HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 02:13 PM
  #876
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyggZagg View Post
So the people who live downstairs from me attracted mice a while ago. They're the owners of the house but only live in the basement suite. When they first appeared down there, we asked them to handle it or it will just spread. They did nothing and the mice have gotten out of control here. I have a Jack Russell who hunts them well, but it isn't enough.

Them being in the kitchen is one thing, but I'm pretty sure they're in some furniture now. Maybe even my mattress, which is not acceptable obviously. We're moving in a few months, but I don't want to take the mice with us in our furniture. Is there any way to get them completely out of the furniture like couches and chairs? Most answers on google just talk about either preventing them, or going to war with them and eliminating them from the house completely. That isn't an issue due to us not being the owners of the house.

Some landlords....

what lazy pieces! Who would willingly let that happen?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
  #877
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,849
vCash: 500
Anyone have any experiences with Saskatoon Saskatchewan? I might have landed myself a co-op job there, and I'm wondering: is it going to be boring as **** there? is there anything for a 20 year old to do there? Am I going to freeze to death? etc, etc.

Any advice/story/experiences are welcome

shortshorts is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
  #878
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,771
vCash: 8111
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I think you can buy them from Source for Sports in Surrey. I've bought them there but I also had them sewn on.
Hmmm, yeah, probably just easier to send it to the Canucks Team store (if possible) and get it done there.

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  #879
SedinFan*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 10,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
http://www.globaltvbc.com/kitimat+de...184/story.html

Mr. Canucklehead will like this.

SedinFan* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #880
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smells Squatchy View Post
In other news, the population of Kitimat has quadrupled overnight.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
  #881
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
In other news, the population of Kitimat has quadrupled overnight.
Escort services "prey on the most at-risk members of the community"??????????????



Anyone here 'at-risk' hitting up escort services?

Why I no at-risk...?

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  #882
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Escort services "prey on the most at-risk members of the community"??????????????



Anyone here 'at-risk' hitting up escort services?

Why I no at-risk...?
Since when did escort services start out right preying on people? Personally I have walked past brothels before without being pulled inside and being forced to pay for sex. But maybe I was just lucky?

Jevo is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
  #883
nameless1
AKA Sami Booth
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Escort services "prey on the most at-risk members of the community"??????????????



Anyone here 'at-risk' hitting up escort services?

Why I no at-risk...?
I think they are referring to the women being recruited.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 12:53 AM
  #884
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Anyone have any experiences with Saskatoon Saskatchewan? I might have landed myself a co-op job there, and I'm wondering: is it going to be boring as **** there? is there anything for a 20 year old to do there? Am I going to freeze to death? etc, etc.

Any advice/story/experiences are welcome
My friend's from there, and another is working there. There isn't much to do. It's nice in the summer, except for the flies.

Bubbles is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 AM
  #885
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Since when did escort services start out right preying on people? Personally I have walked past brothels before without being pulled inside and being forced to pay for sex. But maybe I was just lucky?
Kitimat's a funny town. If the citizens here truly think that businesses akin to this one are not already operating here, they are sorely - and somewhat hilariously - mistaken.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 03:57 AM
  #886
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 50
I saw this on ****** and it made me burst out laughing



So true

Nuckles is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 04:28 AM
  #887
RobertKron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Escort services "prey on the most at-risk members of the community"??????????????



Anyone here 'at-risk' hitting up escort services?

Why I no at-risk...?
I'm pretty sure they mean on the worker side.

RobertKron is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:40 AM
  #888
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
I'm pretty sure they mean on the worker side.
Fair enough.

I guess it depends on the person/personality? I don't know any escort girls? Can someone comment?

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
  #889
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 934
ah nvm i figuered it out

delete


Last edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme: 01-29-2013 at 05:42 PM.
ihaveyuidonttouchme is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
  #890
Nuck Bonino
Registered User
 
Nuck Bonino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Fair enough.

I guess it depends on the person/personality? I don't know any escort girls? Can someone comment?
you seem awfully curious about the subject

Nuck Bonino is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:03 PM
  #891
nameless1
AKA Sami Booth
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
you seem awfully curious about the subject
For a guy who has the word "lick" in his user name, I always assumed he has a lot of game.
You really can't judge a person through the internet.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 AM
  #892
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,941
vCash: 500
Just got a new laptop!!!!

DennisReynolds is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:14 AM
  #893
nameless1
AKA Sami Booth
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
Just got a new laptop!!!!
Cool.
What's the model?

nameless1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:17 AM
  #894
nameless1
AKA Sami Booth
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
You guys have to watch the "The Marry Prankster" episode of Happy Endings.
From all the comedy shows on the major networks combined, this is the best episode this season...
By far.

The show might not be for everybody, but this episode is very, very good.
It has my personal seal of approval.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:29 AM
  #895
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Anyone have any experiences with Saskatoon Saskatchewan? I might have landed myself a co-op job there, and I'm wondering: is it going to be boring as **** there? is there anything for a 20 year old to do there? Am I going to freeze to death? etc, etc.

Any advice/story/experiences are welcome
I was there for a couple of days in the summer to visit my cousin and I have a good bit of experience with Saskatchewan in general.

Saskatoons quite nice actually. But that obviously depends on what you consider nice.

Its a student town to some degree so theres a young population.

Its got a nice river that runs through it so theres "beaches" etc for the summer.

Theres at least one nice brew pub there. The downtown has some nice old buildings and theres enough stores and stuff that you dont need to travel elsewhere to do shopping etc

Housing is expensive surprisingly. Not Vancouver prices but way above what youd think Saskatchewan would command.

To give you an idea. My Gma who lives in Moose Jaw (which is a complete hole ) bought a "downtown" MJ 2 bedroom condo for about $400,000. Cant really explain unless youve been to MJ. Saskatoons a bit more expensive. Not sure about rent though.

The good thing is Saskatchewan is booming. Mining, oil etc are picking up there.

I always said if I moved back to Canada to live in a city it would probably be in Saskatchewan. I love the place but I grew up there for part of my life and my grandparents were farmers.


PS yes you will freeze. And the women in Saskatchewan are actually pretty good looking. Theres a pretty good percentage of Scandinavian and Russian/Polish/Ukranian decent people there. Many immigrated from these countries to Saskatchewan. No shortage of blond hair and blue eyes. and the girls tend to be down to earth and not stuck up.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  #896
Zombotron
WD-57
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Lately my mind has been preoccupied with thoughts of moving back to Vancouver. I know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. I can't stand living in Nanaimo for very much longer.

I had to write a mock resumé for a business-writing course I'm taking. My resumé was written with Adbusters in mind...a nice Vancouver-based institution where I could put my Photoshop experience to good use...

Zombotron is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
  #897
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
Lately my mind has been preoccupied with thoughts of moving back to Vancouver. I know it's going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of when. I can't stand living in Nanaimo for very much longer.

I had to write a mock resumé for a business-writing course I'm taking. My resumé was written with Adbusters in mind...a nice Vancouver-based institution where I could put my Photoshop experience to good use...
Ah, that makes perfect sense. I'm down in Duncan, and hating it just as much.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
  #898
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
I was there for a couple of days in the summer to visit my cousin and I have a good bit of experience with Saskatchewan in general.

Saskatoons quite nice actually. But that obviously depends on what you consider nice.

Its a student town to some degree so theres a young population.

Its got a nice river that runs through it so theres "beaches" etc for the summer.

Theres at least one nice brew pub there. The downtown has some nice old buildings and theres enough stores and stuff that you dont need to travel elsewhere to do shopping etc

Housing is expensive surprisingly. Not Vancouver prices but way above what youd think Saskatchewan would command.

To give you an idea. My Gma who lives in Moose Jaw (which is a complete hole ) bought a "downtown" MJ 2 bedroom condo for about $400,000. Cant really explain unless youve been to MJ. Saskatoons a bit more expensive. Not sure about rent though.

The good thing is Saskatchewan is booming. Mining, oil etc are picking up there.

I always said if I moved back to Canada to live in a city it would probably be in Saskatchewan. I love the place but I grew up there for part of my life and my grandparents were farmers.


PS yes you will freeze. And the women in Saskatchewan are actually pretty good looking. Theres a pretty good percentage of Scandinavian and Russian/Polish/Ukranian decent people there. Many immigrated from these countries to Saskatchewan. No shortage of blond hair and blue eyes. and the girls tend to be down to earth and not stuck up.
Thanks! I have a potential mining job offer for a co-op work term. If what you say is true, I guess it wouldn't be terrible (given the salary )... Though, that "**** Saskatchewanian say" video has terrified me.

Still would prefer a job offer else where

shortshorts is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
  #899
thepuckmonster
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Ah, that makes perfect sense. I'm down in Duncan, and hating it just as much.
I feel badly for you.

Victoria is giving me the antsy need to move, too.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
  #900
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I feel badly for you.

Victoria is giving me the antsy need to move, too.
Thanks

Victoria is nice if you like quiet.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.