HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Andre Fleury

Old
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
ahahah

wait. r u serious?

There are 10-15 goalies I would take before MAF

I think he is.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
ahahah

wait. r u serious?

There are 10-15 goalies I would take before MAF
Yes I am serious, I don't go by stats or a small sample size of poor play by Fleury, I look at the bigger picture and how Fleury's been for the Penguins in the last few years. He really hasn't been bad, certainly doesn't need moved.

Well that's good, I'm so happy for you that there are 10-15 goalies you would take over Fleury. I don't really care to be honest.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Fleury is not in the elite class of Rinne, Lundqvist, Quick

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-30-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: nn
DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Flat Stanley

The reason why I say I would take Quick or Rinne over Fleury is because they would undoubtedly be upgrades over Fleury, but guys like Rask, Scnneider, Luongo, Nabokov, Anderson, Howard, etc. I don't really view as upgrades, not that they would be downgrades but I would rather keep Fleury, I mean at least he's proven he can win a championship. You can't say that about most starting goalies in the league.

I mean, out of all the starting goalies in the league right now, Fleury and Brodeur are the only ones who went to the Cup finals more than once. Brodeur has been playing for about 19 years if you don't include the 04-05 lockout years, Fleury has been playing for about 9 years.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
palindrom

all these talks.... i am still waiting to see actual proposal for him......

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
all these talks.... i am still waiting to see actual proposal for him......
There's really no point, he won't be moved, and the proposals will be laughable low ball offers because "Fleury sucks"

Old
01-30-2013, 12:06 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
There's really no point, he won't be moved, and the proposals will be laughable low ball offers because "Fleury sucks"
My issue with Fleury is his contract, at 5 000 000$, but i have an issue with every goalie over 5 000 000$ in this league.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
palindrom

ok, just for fun, what could be Pittsburgh asking price Fleury in term of draft pick currency ?

For a starter, would you (Pittsburgh fans) trade Fleury for 2 late 1st round pick ? (we are talking in currency, these draft pick could be similarly valuable player!)

and now what could be the bidding price around the league?

Any fans of any other teams would offer 2 first round for him?

Last edited by palindrom: 01-30-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
I don't think Fleury is being moved, I also don't think he's been that bad. The team has been playing like garbage in front of him, he may not be the goalie that can steal wins and stand on his head to help a ****** team like the Penguins right now, but he's still pretty good. I would take him over any goalie not named Quick or Rinne.
So you would take MAF over Lundqvist and Price? I could understand your reasons for liking him, but there is no way he is better than those two.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
SprDaVE

He's always been pretty overrated.

I mean he's a good goaltender but nowhere near good as some make him out to be. He's way to inconsistent to be considered a top goaltender in this league.

SprDaVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
So you would take MAF over Lundqvist and Price? I could understand your reasons for liking him, but there is no way he is better than those two.
Lundqvist I can see, but I don't see that big of an imporvement with Price. He might be better than Fleury, I don't know, I don't watch the Habs much, but what happens when the team plays poorly in front of him? That's mainly the problem with Fleury, he gets no support and when he does, he plays great (See games against the Flyers and Senators this season).

Old
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Lundqvist I can see, but I don't see that big of an imporvement with Price. He might be better than Fleury, I don't know, I don't watch the Habs much, but what happens when the team plays poorly in front of him? That's mainly the problem with Fleury, he gets no support and when he does, he plays great (See games against the Flyers and Senators this season).
at 5 000 000$ its normal that he have less support in front of him than a team investing more in defensemen and less on the goalies.

Fleury is paid 5 000 000$ to make up for this difference.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
He imploded last year in the playoffs as bad as I've ever seen. He can really be a mess between the pipes for a guy that on occasion can also look as good as anyone. I think his value has to be pretty low. I'd put the following goalies ahead of him right now, not in terms of value but performance:

In no particular order
1.Quick
2.Lundqvist
3.Rask
4.Price
5.Schneider
6.Luongo
7.Niemi
8.Nabokov
9.Rinne
10.Anderson
11.Howard
12.Halak
13.Crawford
14.Brodeur
15.Lehtonen
16.Pavelec
17.Lindback
The bolded names do not belong in this list. Schneider/Lindback haven't even gotten a full season under their belt, Nabokov hasn't had a full season in 2+ years, and Niemi/Crawford are just flat out worse than Fleury in terms of consistency and talent.

The lack of Miller and Kipper on that list is also another fail.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about Howard. He put up good numbers on one of the best defensive teams in the past couple years, with the greatest dman of our generation. Lets see how he does in a much worse defensive system now before calling him better than a cup winning goaltender in Fleury.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
The bolded names do not belong in this list. Schneider/Lindback haven't even gotten a full season under their belt, Nabokov hasn't had a full season in 2+ years, and Niemi/Crawford are just flat out worse than Fleury in terms of consistency and talent.

The lack of Miller and Kipper on that list is also another fail.
I wonder what is the value of 6 300 000$ Cam Ward then!

He was often named a top 5 goalies in the past few years

Old
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
at 5 000 000$ its normal that he have less support in front of him than a team investing more in defensemen and less on the goalies.

Fleury is paid 5 000 000$ to make up for this difference.
He got that money when he played more consistently, if he were to be a free agent this summer, I wouldn't give him a raise, but to keep him you have to at least offer the same amount of money or he walks.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
palindrom

Quote:
He got that money when he played more consistently, if he were to be a free agent this summer, I wouldn't give him a raise, but to keep him you have to at least offer the same amount of money or he walks.
if Fleury was an UFA last summer, would you give him a 5 000 000$ x 3 years contract ?

or let him walk and find another option ?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
How does anyone see a goalie go side to side that much and blame the goalie? Once he knows he has someone backdoor on every play, he tries to start playing the pass too and things just break down from there.
Just look at the OP. When I saw the thread I knew it would be one of 3 guys to start it.

MAF is like 5th or 6th on the Pens worry list right now.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
spuzzum

If MAF is so bad, Calgary offers Kipper for MAF and a 2013 1st.

spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
palindrom

What about Fleury for Ward straight up?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
LetangBrassard23

Quote:
The reason why I say I would take Quick or Rinne over Fleury is because they would undoubtedly be upgrades over Fleury, but guys like Rask, Scnneider, Luongo, Nabokov, Anderson, Howard, etc. I don't really view as upgrades, not that they would be downgrades but I would rather keep Fleury, I mean at least he's proven he can win a championship. You can't say that about most starting goalies in the league.

I mean, out of all the starting goalies in the league right now, Fleury and Brodeur are the only ones who went to the Cup finals more than once. Brodeur has been playing for about 19 years if you don't include the 04-05 lockout years, Fleury has been playing for about 9 years.
I agree. There's an argument for Lundqvist and Rask but if you take any other goalie and put him into the Pens system, he will be giving up goals at a higher rate than he currently is. The Pens have been bad in front of him, force him to move side to side more than any other goalie, forget about back door plays. Fleury isn't the problem, the system is. That discussion is for another thread.

Lundqvist, Rask, and several others benefit from so many blocked shots, solid team defense in front of them, and few absolute defensive implosions that lead to prime scoring chances.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 View Post
I agree. There's an argument for Lundqvist and Rask but if you take any other goalie and put him into the Pens system, he will be giving up goals at a higher rate than he currently is. The Pens have been bad in front of him, force him to move side to side more than any other goalie, forget about back door plays. Fleury isn't the problem, the system is. That discussion is for another thread.

Lundqvist, Rask, and several others benefit from so many blocked shots, solid team defense in front of them, and few absolute defensive implosions that lead to prime scoring chances.
What if you put Vokoun in the pens system?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
IWD

I'd love to have Fleury on the Leafs. Sure, he's struggling, but he shown great flashes in the past.

I'd start around Kulemin, as it seems that the Pen fans are obsessed with reuniting him and Malkin, not MacArthur.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Goaltending is well down our issues list right now.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
LetangBrassard23

Quote:
What if you put Vokoun in the pens system?
Look at the goals he's given up vs. the Rangers and the Jets. They have been of the same form as the ones Fleury has given up(a ton of side to side movement and open guys back door). I'm not going to say Vokoun was bad in those games, but Fleury hasn't been either. In Pittsburgh, as long as this current system is being used, which is prone to huge defensive failures and turnovers, the back up goalie will be one of the most popular players on the team.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
If MAF is so bad, Calgary offers Kipper for MAF and a 2013 1st.
That's a good joke.

Quote:
What about Fleury for Ward straight up?
Looks really good to me, I would do it.

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote