HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

vCash: 500
Flyers fan coming in peace, I hope Callahan has a speedy recorvery from whatever happened to his shoulder looked like a freak thing with him and Talbot coming together, love Callahan guy is a born leader and all heart, good luck with the rest of your season Ranger fans

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
Hating a guy for a cheap-hot is one thing, but for pulling on a guys arm in a mutual fight? Come on, they tug and pull on practically anything they can get a hold of in most fights, trying to get position. Look at Cally trying to lift Talbot's effin leg.
Honestly I don't think Talbot knew what the &*%^ he was doing at the time, because he doesn't know how to fight! He was just randomly flailing at Callahan and proceed to grab and yank at Callahan's arm

Sure players grab and tug at one another for positioning during fights all the time, but
in over 20+ yrs of watching hockey, i've never seen a "fight" where one player makes a concerted effort to grab ONE ARM and start yanking and pulling that arm in an attempt to apply an armbar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbRyqDCrHM

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Flyers fan coming in peace, I hope Callahan has a speedy recorvery from whatever happened to his shoulder looked like a freak thing with him and Talbot coming together, love Callahan guy is a born leader and all heart, good luck with the rest of your season Ranger fans
good luck to your season as well. and i wish the Rangers got Hartnell.. he is a very awesome chippy power forward.. i hope he makes it back quickly...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I blame the Fehr. And Bettman. If they kept the lockout going, Cally would be healthy now.

Edit: I blame the Flyers, too. If they didn't sign Knuble, there wouldn't have been anyone on the roster capable of attempting a wrap-around, which lead to the inevitable.

So:

1. Fehr
2. Bettman
3. Flyers
4. Knuble
5. Knuble's agent
6. Global warming
You forgot to blame Bush.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Uh-oh. Fans from other teams are reading this thread. I'm embarrassed.

-31- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
You forgot to blame Bush.
I blame Alex Frolov for not signing here so that we could counteract Knuble's wrap-around with our own slow-footed wrap-around.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Considering our team's style of play we've actually been pretty fortunate regarding injuries during the regular season. All the big guns have played pretty much all their games with the exception of Staal.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Blame Canada!

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I blame Alex Frolov for not signing here so that we could counteract Knuble's wrap-around with our own slow-footed wrap-around.
I personally blame Dolan and the garden renovation, if they didn't put the new lighting in the two guys wouldn't have been able to see each other in the corner and none of this would have happened.

SwedishBullet62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Thanks and you too.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
good luck to your season as well. and i wish the Rangers got Hartnell.. he is a very awesome chippy power forward.. i hope he makes it back quickly...
The one guy from the Flyers who I would really love on this team is Simmonds. Just really like the way he plays.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Honestly I don't think Talbot knew what the &*%^ he was doing at the time, because he doesn't know how to fight! He was just randomly flailing at Callahan and proceed to grab and yank at Callahan's arm

Sure players grab and tug at one another for positioning during fights all the time, but
in over 20+ yrs of watching hockey, i've never seen a "fight" where one player makes a concerted effort to grab ONE ARM and start yanking and pulling that arm in an attempt to apply an armbar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbRyqDCrHM
I'm on the side of it was a regular fight that unfortunately turned out wrong for Callahan...and the Rangers. I don't think there was any malice from Talbot. In fact, Talbot could have thrown a punch at the end of the fight and backed off when he realized Cally was hurt. He even waved for the trainer to come over.

And did I miss something? When did Talbot become a dirty player in his career? We are talking Talbot and not Cooke.

It sucks but don't blame Talbot. Hopefully Cally comes back quickly.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Alphaphaget
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
I don't expect the results of the MRI to bear good news. Callahan's shoulder looked really misplaced.

Alphaphaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

My God, sometimes I really hate our beat writers. Specifically Zipay and Cerny. They can both be such ***holes sometimes..

https://twitter.com/JimCerny/status/296688803001806848

Quote:
Am confirming rope around my neck RT @reesayspieces: @Johnfranco94 @JimCerny Pretty sure Bickel or Asham can't be sent down. Jim, confirm?
Relax dude. Not everyone is as plugged in as you are, Jim. You opened yourself up to the questions when you made your Twitter account. You know you don't have to answer everything, right? Grow the **** up.

This isn't even my question, it's just something that really ****es me off and I've been seeing it more and more lately.

(I posted this here because what really sent Cerny up in arms today was people asking about Callahan)

Last edited by silverfish: 01-30-2013 at 01:01 PM.
silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
My God, sometimes I really hate our beat writers. Specifically Zipay and Cerny. They can both be such ***holes sometimes..

Relax dude. Not everyone is as plugged in as you are, Jim. You opened yourself up to the questions when you made your Twitter account. You know you don't have to answer everything, right? Grow the **** up.

This isn't even my question, it's just something that really ****es me off and I've been seeing it more and more lately.
I agree, Cerny really is as annoying as it gets.

1Knee1T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I'm on the side of it was a regular fight that unfortunately turned out wrong for Callahan...and the Rangers. I don't think there was any malice from Talbot. In fact, Talbot could have thrown a punch at the end of the fight and backed off when he realized Cally was hurt. He even waved for the trainer to come over.

And did I miss something? When did Talbot become a dirty player in his career? We are talking Talbot and not Cooke.

It sucks but don't blame Talbot.
Hopefully Cally comes back quickly.
Past history has no bearing on what happened last night. What difference does it make if the player had a past history of being dirty or not? Talbot is more guilty of being reckless and idiotic imo, due to the fact that he's a retard when it comes to hand to hand combat.

and yes i will blame Talbot....

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Loffen
Legend

Talbot really wanted to rip Cally's shoulder to shreds. He obviously planned all this before the season started. lol...

This was a freak injury, nothing else.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

The MSM guys have a hard time adjusting to forums like Twitter. These are guys who came up writing newspaper articles and rarely had to deal with instantaneous feedback from the readers. I really only pay attention to Pat Leonard and Larry Brooks on Twitter. Leonard is hilarious on there.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
The MSM guys have a hard time adjusting to forums like Twitter. These are guys who came up writing newspaper articles and rarely had to deal with instantaneous feedback from the readers. I really only pay attention to Pat Leonard and Larry Brooks on Twitter. Leonard is hilarious on there.

I like Leonard and how he took the quote "stop coaching Pat" and made it into a twitter thing with the different hashtags I noticed it during the lockout

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Interesting article by Gross.

A Separated shoulder is completely different from a dislocated shoulder. If you separate your shoulder you damage the ligament that connects your collarbone to your shoulder. Dislocated shoulder means your arm bone is moved from where it sits within the joint.

We should seriously hope it's a separated shoulder rather than a dislocation. A dislocation can cause a host of other issues with blood vessel damage and nerve damage in the joint and almost always means surgery.
I was just going to post this.

The two are a lot different. Separations generally occur when you fall on it or hit it very hard, like in my case when I slid into the backboards at a weird angle at top speed. Disclocations occur when the arm is twisted in a way that pops it out of the shoulder socket - but can happen too if you fall on it at the right angle.

First thing I thought when i saw it was dislocation, because there wasnt a ton of force applied, just the right type of twist and pull at the perfect angle. Really hope its not the most serious type of dislocation which can lead to further dislocations in the future and weakened arm strength.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:21 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

FWIW,

from the Rams site -

When Can an Athlete Return to Sports Following a Dislocated Shoulder?
Most football players who dislocate their shoulder for the first time can usually return to play within six weeks of the injury once they reestablish full range of shoulder motion and strength. They must be able to perform all of the actions necessitated by their position prior to return to play. Those players who undergo surgery usually require five to six months of rehabilitation before they are able to resume contact and collision sports.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
nevesis

Check this out...

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._cally_injury/

Quote:
Perhaps the Ranger with the best perspective on what Callahan is going through right now - other than defenseman Steve Eminger, who separated his shoulder at Phoenix last season - is Marian Gaborik, who underwent offseason surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

That surgery was on June 6. Had the season started on time, Gaborik likely wouldn’t have rejoined the Rangers’ lineup until mid-December.

He doesn’t think Callahan will have nearly that long a rehab.

“It’s a big loss, hopefully he’ll be back soon with us, he’s a big part of our team,” Gaborik said. “Everybody has to chip in some other ways as well.

“Hopefully it won’t be long for him,” Gaborik added. “Of course, i don’t know to what extent it is but I hope it’s not going to be for a while. He’s going to have to treat it and strengthen it. I don’t think it’s going to be a long time.”

Gaborik said he talked to Callahan briefly today and the feeling in the dressing room was Callahan was feeling better than he did last night, when he skated off the ice with his left arm dangling, in obvious pain.

Gaborik said Callahan’s injury is similar to is in some ways. But there are key differences.

“Mine wasn’t as sudden,” Gaborik said. “(Callahan’s) shoulder came out, obviously. But, again, I don’t know how bad it is. He says it feels better so hopefully it won’t be long. It was an ongoing thing for me during the season. I tried to treat it as much as I could and strengthen it prior to the surgery. I don’t think it’s going to be as bad for him.”

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

There are many stupid Rangers fans out there. They call themselves Rangers fans. They're a bunch of morons. They don't know anything. MOD

Last edited by Fugu: 01-30-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: could be taken as a sweeping flame
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Gaborik doing his best to keep this board from committing a collective Hari Kiri.

01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

One thing that concerns me is true fact that Ryan Kesler who plays a similar style to Callahan has had a shoulder problem for a few seasons now I believe 2 in a row...

Although he was sugglish when he returned he returned to his normal game and didn't really change

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote