HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

All Encompassing Winger Acquisition Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Dupree13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicebox View Post
On the trade board, Dallas (fans) are discussing Morrow and/or Ryder for a combination of Tangradi, Jeffrey, and picks.

Any opinions?

Personally, I think we need some old character guys. Morrow could be like Guerin.
Why on earth would they propose that?

Old
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
Why on earth would they propose that?
I am certainly not complaining.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Dupree13

Quote:
I am certainly not complaining.
Oh me either. In fact, just imagine how jacked we'd be if it was real life.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
KIRK

Quote:
On the trade board, Dallas (fans) are discussing Morrow and/or Ryder for a combination of Tangradi, Jeffrey, and picks.

Any opinions?

Personally, I think we need some old character guys. Morrow could be like Guerin.
Like having *** with your spouse after 25 years of marriage.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Fire Shero*

Haha you know things are bad when people are excited about the prospect of trading for Brenden Morrow. He is 34 which is ancient for a power forward. I would have loved to have him 3 or 4 years ago. Expect Kunitz's production to taper off much like Morrows.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
penzweiser
Rookie User

East more excited about ryder

Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by penzweiser View Post
East more excited about ryder
right, it seems as far as fans are concerned, taking Morrow is part of the price for Ryder. he's been awful in Dallas and they want him gone.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Morrow's not happy in Dallas and is playing on the fourth line. He could be great trade bait for us to fix our winger problem.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Tangradi, Jeffrey and picks aren't going to get us anything, at least nothing worth adding a first rounder. No reason for Dallas to trade Ryder either.

Funny, Ryder was one if the snipers I would've liked on the team in the past but was assured he "wasnt a good fit for our system." That vaunted system..........

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Morrow's not happy in Dallas and is playing on the fourth line. He could be great trade bait for us to fix our winger problem.
Morrow would be a band-aid, not a fix.

Old
Goalie_Bob
1992 Vezina (2nd)

Morrow should be able to be had, like Guerin was from the NYI. Maybe even a 4th or 5th at this point in the season. Though I think Dallas will hold onto him to get more value at the deadline. A 3rd round pick should easily get him at the deadline.

That being said, from all reports he is basically done. COuld even be a Kovalev type deal. 7th and we'll pay his salary.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Morrow could be a Guerin type of addition like a few others have suggested. He also may be completely done and we'd be stuck paying him for the rest of this season and still need to upgrade the top 6. It is risky.

I really don't like Morrow as a primary winger for Sid. I like him more if we're getting him as a 3rd wheel for Malkin and Neal. I guess he could be Sid's 3rd wheel but either way I still think we need another top 2 line winger even if we acquire Morrow.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Morrow could be a Guerin type of addition like a few others have suggested. He also may be completely done and we'd be stuck paying him for the rest of this season and still need to upgrade the top 6. It is risky.

I really don't like Morrow as a primary winger for Sid. I like him more if we're getting him as a 3rd wheel for Malkin and Neal. I guess he could be Sid's 3rd wheel but either way I still think we need another top 2 line winger even if we acquire Morrow.
THIS.

We need a second wheel and a third wheel to complete the top six.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
deakka

Boychuk on waiver. will we take a chance? hes no worse than the others we have used on the top lines tbh. Hes surely better than Tanner glass!

Old
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Boychuk on waiver. will we take a chance? hes no worse than the others we have used on the top lines tbh. Hes surely better than Tanner glass!
Tanner Glass is great for his physical game. Boychuk shouldn't replace him for that but I think he would be a good pick up for WBS.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
deakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Tanner Glass is great for his physical game. Boychuk shouldn't replace him for that but I think he would be a good pick up for WBS.
We cant use him in WBS :/
And yeah Glass is good as a 4th liner/emergency 3rd. But seeing him on the 2nd line from time to time makes me kinda sick.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post

While I don't get very excited about Morrow here, how is it risky? He will cost relatively little to acquire and we have cap space coming out our ass right now. If he doesn't work out, oh well we lose a mil or 2 in cash. That to me seems like a very low risk.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

I'd rather have Morrow than Glass or Jeffery/Tangradi..

Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
While I don't get very excited about Morrow here, how is it risky? He will cost relatively little to acquire and we have cap space coming out our ass right now. If he doesn't work out, oh well we lose a mil or 2 in cash. That to me seems like a very low risk.
He isn't a sure fire upgrade so it is risky unless we acquire another really good winger that makes Morrow panning out less important. He also has a $4.1 million cap hit and we need two top 2 line wingers and possibly an upgrade somewhere on D. That cap space will go fast and spending 4.1 million of it on a player like him that may be done is risky. I guess they could always send him to the minors like Miro Satan to get out from the cap hit if that's still legal in the new CBA. I'm not sure.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Adams27

The team is in a real pickle, we have 2 super star centers and not enough wingers, but at the same time our defense is crap, not to mention our power play, which should be great is also crap, why? because our coach does not want to make sid or geno mad and wont separate the two.

The three center model will fail after the 3 centers become real good and all deserve line one minutes.

The team really could use a true offensive defenceman, somebody we can trust to calm things down on the power play.

I really miss Gogo

Old
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
azntam

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
A part of me wants the pens to pick him up and try him out on crosby's wing. But the other part of me knows that Bylsma will just play him for one shift then bench him because he didn't score.

I'm basing this only on rep and what I saw in the wjc, has Boychuk's game fallen off that much as a prospect?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinzerpenguiN View Post
The team is in a real pickle, we have 2 super star centers and not enough wingers, but at the same time our defense is crap, not to mention our power play, which should be great is also crap, why? because our coach does not want to make sid or geno mad and wont separate the two.

The three center model will fail after the 3 centers become real good and all deserve line one minutes.

The team really could use a true offensive defenceman, somebody we can trust to calm things down on the power play.

I really miss Gogo
I'm sure Dallas would give us Gogo back for Neal and Niskanen...

Old
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Alesle

Have anyone of you wanting Morrow actually seen him play this season? He's been horrible in the few Dallas games I've seen, and if those games are indicative of his current abilities I want no part of him.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesle View Post
Have anyone of you wanting Morrow actually seen him play this season? He's been horrible in the few Dallas games I've seen, and if those games are indicative of his current abilities I want no part of him.
the trade I saw on the boards was Morrow AND Ryder, which is why I was for it. Morrow is a UFA at the end of the year, and the Pens have enough cap to take on both. I mean if there's something else out there better, more long term, wooohool, let's do this *****, but otherwise, that seems like a really decent stopgap.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
I'm willing to give him a mulligan because of the extenuating circumstances (lockout, shortened season), but if Dupuis and Kunitz are Crosby's winger next season, then Shero isn't doing his job.

Closed Thread