HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Carl Hagelin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
  #51
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
He sucked 4 games and played well 2 games. That's not all year at all, is it? If you play well and work hard, the points will eventually come too. If you've watched every rangers game for more than 27 years, you should know this.

You base your arguments solely on point production and on 1 (ONE!) single stupid penalty.
He's had a bunch of stupid penalties, this year. Pretty much every game.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
  #52
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post



I like you.


Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
  #53
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
He's had a bunch of stupid penalties, this year. Pretty much every game.
You're getting ahead of yourself here. You need to relax, and actually pay attention to what people are saying. Nobody's denying Hags hasn't look good this season. Over the last 2 games though, he's certainly regained some of the swagger he had last season. He's improved. His legs are back.

He was probably our best forward last night. Despite not scoring. It is possible to have a great game, and not score. It's also possible to score, and have a bad game. Groundbreaking stuff, eh?

There are a lot of good players who are playing like **** right now. Because of the lockout. Because of the lack of training. Lack of practice. It happens. Let's re-visit these over-dramatic statements you're tossing around in 2 weeks and see if they still apply.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
  #54
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You're getting ahead of yourself here. You need to relax, and actually pay attention to what people are saying. Nobody's denying Hags hasn't look good this season. Over the last 2 games though, he's certainly regained some of the swagger he had last season. He's improved. His legs are back.

He was probably our best forward last night. Despite not scoring. It is possible to have a great game, and not score. It's also possible to score, and have a bad game. Groundbreaking stuff, eh?

There are a lot of good players who are playing like **** right now. Because of the lockout. Because of the lack of training. Lack of practice. It happens. Let's re-visit these over-dramatic statements you're tossing around in 2 weeks and see if they still apply.
Over-dramatic? I don't think so...Not that I don't agre with some of what you are saying but Hagelin's limited track record says othewise.......it's not jus 6 games, it's 40.... Hagelin has been nothing but a gnat ....occasional bother to the other team with his speed and forechecking, but that's it....ZERO prduction....zero goals in like 30-40 games...yeah, there are some things to like in his game and there is hope that he will put it together, but also very valid to question whether he will be much of anything to really help the rangers..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
  #55
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
... not really.

Hagelin's offense could only barely come around and he could produce 2/3 of what he did last season, every year going forward, and if he still forechecks tenaciously, helps keep the puck down low in the opponent's end and kills penalties effectively, he will be a very good third liner.

What kind of fantasy land do some of us live in?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
  #56
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Over-dramatic? I don't think so...Not that I don't agre with some of what you are saying but Hagelin's limited track record says othewise.......it's not jus 6 games, it's 40.... Hagelin has been nothing but a gnat ....occasional bother to the other team with his speed and forechecking, but that's it....ZERO prduction....zero goals in like 30-40 games...yeah, there are some things to like in his game and there is hope that he will put it together, but also very valid to question whether he will be much of anything to really help the rangers..
It comes down to what expectations you had for Hagelin. Was he just a speedy go that played on the 1st line last season, or a guy that could be a legitimate first liner. I've always though it was the former.

So, basically, I dont expect offensive contributions from him. I think hes extremely fast and a well-schooled player. Thats fine on our 3rd line, as currently constructed.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  #57
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You're getting ahead of yourself here. You need to relax, and actually pay attention to what people are saying. Nobody's denying Hags hasn't look good this season. Over the last 2 games though, he's certainly regained some of the swagger he had last season. He's improved. His legs are back.

He was probably our best forward last night. Despite not scoring. It is possible to have a great game, and not score. It's also possible to score, and have a bad game. Groundbreaking stuff, eh?

There are a lot of good players who are playing like **** right now. Because of the lockout. Because of the lack of training. Lack of practice. It happens. Let's re-visit these over-dramatic statements you're tossing around in 2 weeks and see if they still apply.
I love dramatic statements. I'll leave reason and logic for other posters. I prefer to throw out emotional statements based on how my day is going so far. I'm a bad person.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
  #58
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
It comes down to what expectations you had for Hagelin. Was he just a speedy go that played on the 1st line last season, or a guy that could be a legitimate first liner. I've always though it was the former.

So, basically, I dont expect offensive contributions from him. I think hes extremely fast and a well-schooled player. Thats fine on our 3rd line, as currently constructed.
Without a doubt, I think HAGS is best as a 3rd liner..Miscast as anything above that......I'm hoping there he can use his assets to make a contribution.... but there is also no doubt that he has to play smarter, play more consistent (both ways) and produce a bit...I think he can, but it's also very valid to be worried that he won't be able to...it's up to him

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
  #59
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
It shows how bad HAGS has been this year (and even parts of last year) that he gets the "played well" praise for hard work, fast skating and forechecking (which he should be doing every period) not for scoring or making plays that lead to goals....OTOH, he truly has looked better the past 4 periods or so and you gotta hope it eventuially translates to SOMETHING tangible......As it stands, right now he reminds of a Gene Carr-marcel Hossa hybrid....Can skate, Can forecheck, can even grind a little behind the net but, as The Big Whistle said, couldn't put the puck in the ocean off the end of the pier..Let's hope all this changes becasue he is crucial to the team's success this year---the Rangers counted on both him and Krieder from the onset ( a mistake)--especially if Cally is out for a time period....
He was on pace for 50 points last year. He's not a scrub that can't score. Also he should be doing those things anyway? How many players on the Rangers can do those things?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
  #60
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He was on pace for 50 points last year. He's not a scrub that can't score. Also he should be doing those things anyway? How many players on the Rangers can do those things?
Never said he was a scrub....He was on pace to score 50..then on pace to score 10...It's all about consistency....I'm not trying to take shots at Hags..he has talents that can help the team, but he also has issues that can minimize his impact..If he combines playing smart, consistent and a little scoring with his penchant speed and forechcecking, the Rangers will have a good 3rd linet/Pker

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
  #61
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Never said he was a scrub....He was on pace to score 50..then on pace to score 10...It's all about consistency....I'm not trying to take shots at Hags..he has talents that can help the team, but he also has issues that can minimize his impact..If he combines playing smart, consistent and a little scoring with his penchant speed and forechcecking, the Rangers will have a good 3rd linet/Pker
This pretty much sums up my feelings on Hagelin. Nice job.

We have a lot of guys that struggle mightily with consistency. It's been a problem for a long time. If we rely only on the big 3, we are F'd. We need those guys to contribute on the regular.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
  #62
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
This pretty much sums up my feelings on Hagelin. Nice job.

We have a lot of guys that struggle mightily with consistency. It's been a problem for a long time. If we rely only on the big 3, we are F'd. We need those guys to contribute on the regular.
You guys are misguided. Not many players who aren't stars ARE consistent. If they were, they'd produce more and be stars. Hagelin will never be a regular contributor. He'll probably put up 35-40 points a year and have stretches where he scores in bunches and stretches where he's invisible. Same for Boyle, Kreider, Stepan and everyone outside of the big 3. They will never become consistent, unless they're taking the next step to becoming a star player. That's not the answer either. The need is to have enough inconsistent guys with the potential to produce so that there's always a couple of guys who ARE producing when the others go through their droughts. The Hagelins and Anisimovs and Dubinskys of the world don't become consistent players. They're complimentary players because of their inconsistency. Right now, Boyle and Pyatt and Ferriero are not enough threats offensively to really give us the depth we need in order to always have someone who is hot. Kreider looking like he needs some time might be a blow as well if he doesn't look better when he returns to the lineup. If those guys were all locks for 30-35 points (82 game trajectory) than it wouldn't matter which guys out of Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, Boyle, Pyatt, Ferriero were cold because at least two would usually be hot in addition to the big three. The problem is that Boyle, Pyatt, Ferriero and, for now, Kreider, don't even provide the offense of an inconsistent guy like Hagelin or Dubinsky or Anisimov. The result is that with Hagelin and Stepan struggling, there's NO ONE outside of the big three. The answer isn't guys like Hagelin becoming consistent though (Stepan might make that step one day as he is still young and has the potential to be a star/first line player), it's adding to the offensive depth that is simply too thin right now.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
  #63
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 500
In order to be a more complete player, he has to work on his D play..

Too often his man is left alone or he is out of position..

It has cost us plenty of goals so far and will cost us in the future too..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
  #64
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
In order to be a more complete player, he has to work on his D play..

Too often his man is left alone or he is out of position..
It has cost us plenty of goals so far and will cost us in the future too..
Hagelin losing his man has cost us plenty of goals? That's a real stretch. He still has work to do on positional play in his own zone, I'll grant you that, but his speed on back checking has stopped loads of opportunities for the opposition since he came up, we saw an example of that last night, and his board play is excellent.

Sorry, I just don't see it. Hags is a good two way forward.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
  #65
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Speaking of Hagelin's defense, last night during the third period, while killing yet another penalty, after the Rangers allowed Timonen to be wide open, there was a scrum in the corner. Hagelin was the one guy not involved in for the NYR, and drifted between the slot and the corner. So anytime that he would drift closer to the scrum, the fans would yell at him to get back and cover the Flyers at the point and in the slot. Poor kid probably thought that he had them covered, and had no idea what we were going crazy about. Pretty funny to be there.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
  #66
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
You guys are misguided. Not many players who aren't stars ARE consistent. If they were, they'd produce more and be stars. Hagelin will never be a regular contributor. He'll probably put up 35-40 points a year and have stretches where he scores in bunches and stretches where he's invisible. Same for Boyle, Kreider, Stepan and everyone outside of the big 3. They will never become consistent, unless they're taking the next step to becoming a star player. That's not the answer either. The need is to have enough inconsistent guys with the potential to produce so that there's always a couple of guys who ARE producing when the others go through their droughts. The Hagelins and Anisimovs and Dubinskys of the world don't become consistent players. They're complimentary players because of their inconsistency. Right now, Boyle and Pyatt and Ferriero are not enough threats offensively to really give us the depth we need in order to always have someone who is hot. Kreider looking like he needs some time might be a blow as well if he doesn't look better when he returns to the lineup. If those guys were all locks for 30-35 points (82 game trajectory) than it wouldn't matter which guys out of Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, Boyle, Pyatt, Ferriero were cold because at least two would usually be hot in addition to the big three. The problem is that Boyle, Pyatt, Ferriero and, for now, Kreider, don't even provide the offense of an inconsistent guy like Hagelin or Dubinsky or Anisimov. The result is that with Hagelin and Stepan struggling, there's NO ONE outside of the big three. The answer isn't guys like Hagelin becoming consistent though (Stepan might make that step one day as he is still young and has the potential to be a star/first line player), it's adding to the offensive depth that is simply too thin right now.
Let's be honest: 75% of our forwards are completely useless. Eh, maybe 66%, as Pyatt has been decent.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
  #67
Faxius
Registered User
 
Faxius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 539
vCash: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
In order to be a more complete player, he has to work on his D play..

Too often his man is left alone or he is out of position..

It has cost us plenty of goals so far and will cost us in the future too..
lol what? He has been on the ice for 2 EV goals against and 2 PP goals against in 6 games. The 2 goals Toronto scored on Saturday he was on 1 EVG and 1 PPG, I don't blame him for either one. He was on for the PPG Dupuis scored when we played the Pens, nothing he could do about that. The only one I blame him for is the 4 on 4 Horton goal when we played Boston at home, when he redirects the puck right to Horton's stick. You obviously don't like Hagelin playing for the Rangers as I have seen you with some ridiculous comments about him before, and I suspect it's because he is short, Swedish and actually has a place on this roster, unlike your favorite player.

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
  #68
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Let's be honest: 75% of our forwards are completely useless. Eh, maybe 66%, as Pyatt has been decent.
Offensively, right now, yes. Since offense isn't the only thing there is in hockey (though you're making a strong case for that being your overriding belief today), that's really nothing more than another one of your beloved over-dramatic statements which I don't share your enthusiasm for. But without getting into the other uses a forward can have besides scoring, that was kind of the point of my post. Guys like Hagelin and Stepan aren't consistent. That's not the problem with this team. If they were consistent, they would end up costing us a lot more money and be much more coveted players overall. The problem with this roster is that we don't have ENOUGH inconsistent (read: supplementary) offensive threats backing up the consistent ones (Richards, Gaborik, Nash and Callahan who is borderline). Hagelin and Stepan are legitimate supplementary threats, but they run hot and cold with Stepan being much more legitimate, and close to consistent than Hagelin. Boyle, Pyatt, Kreider, Ferriero, Rupp, Asham and Halpern all vary from infrequent offensive threat to almost never and only Kreider really has the potential to improve. With Callahan out of the lineup, we really only have three consistent offensive players, two inconsistent, supplemental scorers and 7 players who can barely provide any offense at all. THAT is the problem. 7 forwards who can barely be expected to produce a point every 3-5 games. If we had 5-6 guys who were threats to score, albeit inconsistent ones, it wouldn't matter that Stepan can't buy a goal right now (still producing assists) and Hagelin is totally cold because SOMEBODY would be scoring. But since we only have two other options now, it's painfully and drastically obvious that we're lacking scoring depth. Again, the answer isn't waiting for Hagelin to morph into a consistent guy who produces points every night; it's adding players who actually are, likewise, semi-regular offensive threats to the equation.


Last edited by SERE 24: 01-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
  #69
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Offensively, right now, yes. Since offense isn't the only thing there is in hockey (though you're making a strong case for that being your overriding belief today), that's really nothing more than another one of your beloved over-dramatic statements which I don't share your enthusiasm for. But without getting into the other uses a forward can have besides scoring, that was kind of the point of my post. Guys like Hagelin and Stepan aren't consistent. That's not the problem with this team. If they were consistent, they would end up costing us a lot more money and be much more coveted players overall. The problem with this roster is that we don't have ENOUGH inconsistent (read: supplementary) offensive threats backing up the consistent ones (Richards, Gaborik, Nash and Callahan who is borderline). Hagelin and Stepan are legitimate supplementary threats, but they run hot and cold with Stepan being much more legitimate, and close to consistent than Hagelin. Boyle, Pyatt, Kreider, Ferriero, Rupp, Asham and Halpern all vary from infrequent offensive threat to almost never and only Kreider really has the potential to improve. With Callahan out of the lineup, we really only have three consistent offensive players, two inconsistent, supplemental scorers and 7 players who can barely provide any offense. That's the problem. If we had 5 guys who were threats, albeit inconsistent ones, it wouldn't matter that Stepan can't buy a goal right now (still producing assists) and Hagelin is totally cold because SOMEBODY would be scoring. But since we only have two other options now, it's painfully and drastically obvious that we're lacking scoring depth. Again, the answer isn't waiting for Hagelin to morph into a consistent guy who produces points every night; it's adding players who actually are semi-regular offensive threats to the equation.
I don't disagree, at all.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
  #70
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
lol what? He has been on the ice for 2 EV goals against and 2 PP goals against in 6 games. The 2 goals Toronto scored on Saturday he was on 1 EVG and 1 PPG, I don't blame him for either one. He was on for the PPG Dupuis scored when we played the Pens, nothing he could do about that. The only one I blame him for is the 4 on 4 Horton goal when we played Boston at home, when he redirects the puck right to Horton's stick. You obviously don't like Hagelin playing for the Rangers as I have seen you with some ridiculous comments about him before, and I suspect it's because he is short, Swedish and actually has a place on this roster, unlike your favorite player.
Sir...

I like Hags as much as the next one - even got his t-shirt and his jersey...

I was thinking of last season and so far, he's as much out of position as he's in position. something he has to learn.

I want him to be an elite player, so I don't care if he's swedish or korean or whateva..

Favorite player..you mean zuke, kreider and Hags..Theire all good players..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
  #71
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Sir...

I like Hags as much as the next one - even got his t-shirt and his jersey...

I was thinking of last season and so far, he's as much out of position as he's in position. something he has to learn.

I want him to be an elite player, so I don't care if he's swedish or korean or whateva..

Favorite player..you mean zuke, kreider and Hags..Theire all good players..
He will never be elite. He's a third liner who can play top six.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
  #72
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
In order to be a more complete player, he has to work on his D play..

Too often his man is left alone or he is out of position..

It has cost us plenty of goals so far and will cost us in the future too..
Thats a bunch of BS - especially coming from a guy that lauds Zuccarello's play.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:16 PM
  #73
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
He's coming around at the right time.

With Cally out for 2 weeks, we need someone to step up.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
  #74
gaels22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Speaking of Hagelin's defense, last night during the third period, while killing yet another penalty, after the Rangers allowed Timonen to be wide open, there was a scrum in the corner. Hagelin was the one guy not involved in for the NYR, and drifted between the slot and the corner. So anytime that he would drift closer to the scrum, the fans would yell at him to get back and cover the Flyers at the point and in the slot. Poor kid probably thought that he had them covered, and had no idea what we were going crazy about. Pretty funny to be there.
i was at that end of the ice when that happened. hilarious. the fans were going nuts yelling at him. i like to think we helped save a goal

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  #75
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Over-dramatic? I don't think so...Not that I don't agre with some of what you are saying but Hagelin's limited track record says othewise.......it's not jus 6 games, it's 40.... Hagelin has been nothing but a gnat ....occasional bother to the other team with his speed and forechecking, but that's it....ZERO prduction....zero goals in like 30-40 games...yeah, there are some things to like in his game and there is hope that he will put it together, but also very valid to question whether he will be much of anything to really help the rangers..
Nothing but a gnat? That's fine with me, because this team needs a player like that.

Problem here is a lot of you guys have wacky expectations. Look at Petr Prucha, for example. He clips 30G, and all of a sudden he's more valuable than Crosby.

You guys just, can't accept a good thing. It has to be 'perfect'.

If Hagelin was better offensively, or more consistent, he would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. He's already exceeded what most players in his draft-range are expected to put up in their careers. Do a little homework and look at the % of prospects drafted as late as Hags. Most of them don't even sniff the NHL, let alone earn a top-6 role on a contending team.

If Hagelin's offense never comes to fruition. Or, if he remains a streaky offensive player, he's still an extremely important player on our roster who ultimately improves our team.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
I love dramatic statements. I'll leave reason and logic for other posters. I prefer to throw out emotional statements based on how my day is going so far. I'm a bad person.
You're not a bad person. You just don't know how to manage expectations. And you're way too impatient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Never said he was a scrub....He was on pace to score 50..then on pace to score 10...It's all about consistency....I'm not trying to take shots at Hags..he has talents that can help the team, but he also has issues that can minimize his impact..If he combines playing smart, consistent and a little scoring with his penchant speed and forechcecking, the Rangers will have a good 3rd linet/Pker
Consistency is what separates the good from the greats. I'll bring up Prucha again. 30G scorer. Expectations got out of hand. Kid comes back to earth and fans see him as a player who's a bust.

Look at Voros. He was awesome at first. Then reality struck and he morphed back into his human-punching bag self. If he was consistent he would be a dynamic power forward.

If Boyle consistently put up 20G a year, with his defensive play, he would be a great candidate to have on your second line, instead of third.

You can't be a great player if you're not consistent. Hagelin, isn't a great player. Only a fool expected legit top-line production out of him, especially this early on in the season.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.