Notices

First Bruins Jersey Ever!

Old
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
doc5hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
most assists in the playoffs for B's d-men baby!

(the most notable one of course being the one to Ted Purcell)
That circa 67-68 sweater McKenzie's wearing would look awfully good on display.

doc5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Budddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
http://www.sportsk.com/

I always use them. I just got a Recchi Away with the Cup Patch.
thanks for response...everything stitched on?

Budddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Last night I thought I'd finally use the 30% off pro shop discount, since it ends at the end of the month. Figured it was a good time to buy an authentic jersey since it should be almost $100 off. Disappointed to see they didn't have any authentic jerseys in the pro shop. I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they've always carried the authentics along side with the premiers?

Anyways, my disappointment was short lived. As I received in the mail this morning the jersey I've been looking for for a good ten years...

Last edited by Looch: 10-16-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Bocephus86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Last night I thought I'd finally use the 30% off pro shop discount, since it ends at the end of the month. Figured it was a good time to buy an authentic jersey since it should be almost $100 off. Disappointed to see they didn't have any authentic jerseys in the pro shop. I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they've always carried the authentics along side with the premiers?

Anyways, my disappointment was short lived. As I received in the mail this morning the jersey I've been looking for for a good ten years...
Beautiful sweeter! As a personal, selfish aside is that 30% discount based on any order to the Bruins pro shop through January or do you have to be STH or something like that? I've been itching to update my gear and I didn't even realize that.

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
First ever was a hand me down 80's/90's style blank away. I wore the heck out of that jersey. I remember Christmas of 94, my first ever very own jersey was an away Mighty Ducks jersey. First one I bought with my own money was my junior year of high school, Rolston dark.

I own a Lucic alt and Chara WC. I bought my fiance a Chara home a month after she dumped me, in a successful effort to win her back a few years ago haha.

I'd love a Moog home or away as well as a Thomas away.

01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:

They changed the authentic jerseys recently anyway, started making them overseas with cheaper materials instead of the same thing the players have.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

There's a noticeable difference in the jersey I got last year for Christmas and the two I got this year, in terms of lettering and fit. It's weird.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
They changed the authentic jerseys recently anyway, started making them overseas with cheaper materials instead of the same thing the players have.
Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it "authentic", don't you think? That's pretty shady.

Tuukka Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it "authentic", don't you think? That's pretty shady.
That's Reebok for you. If you find one that's made in Canada it's the real deal, if it's made in Indonesia it's the new cheaper one.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
Beautiful sweeter! As a personal, selfish aside is that 30% discount based on any order to the Bruins pro shop through January or do you have to be STH or something like that? I've been itching to update my gear and I didn't even realize that.
Thanks. The pro shop, as well as the other retail set ups in the Garden, are doing 25% off for non STH's and 30% off for STH's through the end of January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
First ever was a hand me down 80's/90's style blank away. I wore the heck out of that jersey. I remember Christmas of 94, my first ever very own jersey was an away Mighty Ducks jersey. First one I bought with my own money was my junior year of high school, Rolston dark.

I own a Lucic alt and Chara WC. I bought my fiance a Chara home a month after she dumped me, in a successful effort to win her back a few years ago haha.

I'd love a Moog home or away as well as a Thomas away.
A Moog would definitely be sweet. You don't se many of them either.

My collection isn't very extensive-

white '72 Orr
black '90 Neely
while '11 Looch with cup patch
WC Looch
white '92 Juneau

Quote:
Have they changed them in the last year/18 months? My authentic Looch with the cup patch was purchased online from river city sports and it says it was made in Canada. I got it for something like 50% off. I haven't seen another sale like it since. At least not on authentics jerseys being sold by a reliable retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post

Exactly. I guess I'm glad I didn't drop the coin on it.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Quote:
Have they changed them in the last year/18 months? My authentic Looch with the cup patch was purchased online from river city sports and it says it was made in Canada. I got it for something like 50% off. I haven't seen another sale like it since. At least not on authentics jerseys being sold by a reliable retailer.
I think it started last season once the older stock was depleted.

If you really want one I think amazon still has a newer one in a size 56 for $130, couple smaller sizes for $100. Almost bought one before I found out.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Jerseys I have,

Bergeron- Black fleet center era, probably still one of my favorites because the CCM replicas were so much better than the Reebok ones

Bergeron- Current home, lots of autographs (no Bergy though) on the crest it so it isn't really worn.

Ryder- Away with Stanley Cup patch, odd jersey but for some reason I love my streaky snipers like Sturm and Ryder, also named my dog Ryder (he's a Stars fan now). Had the customization done at Custom Crafted which is much better than replica number and names.

Chara- Black alternate

Winter Classic- blank, but thinking of getting Thornton or Recchi on that one.

I am one of those uncool people that still wear hockey jerseys in social places other then hockey games .

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I think it started last season once the older stock was depleted.

If you really want one I think amazon still has a newer one in a size 56 for $130, couple smaller sizes for $100. Almost bought one before I found out.
Thanks. Now that I know they are quite a bit different I think I'm gonna to be reluctant to buy one till I can see/feel it in person.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
I don't buy jerseys. I really can't get my head around paying all that money for something that's only useful if you're playing hockey. Not to judge anyone else, I just have 0 desire to own one to wear. Maybe a framed Orr or Neely someday for my first home.
I doubt most people wear them as regular attire. I only have them for going to games or watching big games/bars.

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
I doubt most people wear them as regular attire.
Clark W Griswold say's "hi"

Tuukka Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:

Absolutely love that style of jersey. I've been keeping my eyes out for good deals on those. Where'd you grab yours from?

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Absolutely love that style of jersey. I've been keeping my eyes out for good deals on those. Where'd you grab yours from?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-JUNEAU-A...p2047675.l2557

I've seen a few come and go over the last several years. But they're either the wrong size or in rough shape. The last one that was this nice in my size was a couple years ago and went for close to $250.

Last edited by Looch: 01-30-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

signed coa Orr winter classic .....

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:43 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
this made me laugh out loud.

Jerseys are 200 if I am not mistaken at the proshop.

I would go with a black jersey. if you go to games/bars/viewing parties with your jersey on you will stain it, and black hides stains well. I have a white sturm jersey thats covered in beer and other things but then I met marco and got it signed now its dirty forever...

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Merk57

Bruins Jerseys I've had over the years: a #7 Ray Bourque jersey from the early 80's, then a Cam Neely from the late 80's, A blank authentic early 2000's Black jersey, the less famed yellow third jersey blank (wasn't popular when I lived in Toronto..picked it up for $30 bucks that year), and last season I got an authentic Tim Thomas. Part of me was hugely disapointed in my jersey choice after Timmy's shennanigans but at the end of the day, he was the MVP of that cup win. I may just have to frame it for the man cave and pick up a new jersey....dare I go #27 Hamilton?? too soon?

I have little Bruins jersey's for my 3 and 1 year old daughters. I couldn't find them the pink ones out here which doesn't matter they love to wear 'em often.

As far as wearing my jerseys..I wear 'em to games (Bruins don't come to Calgary often though) and I wear 'em if I'm watching the Bruins at home after work (with my little girls).

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
MattFromFranklin
Bring Back Gorton

I had a Bourque t-shirt when I was around 6. Thank goodness my Mom still kept it. As for my first authentic jersey, it was Marc Savard.

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:20 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

My 1st jersey was a Chara winter classic that I got off Ebay for like $70. I didn't realize until later after having gone to a B's game that it was a fake. I still have it but it never comes out of the closet.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:17 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

First jersey was a plain white jersey from the early 90's, beautiful jersey still wish they would bring those back as our 3rd's

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Perceptor
World Class

Anyone had experience with sportsk.com for authentics? I was going to order a Bergeron away with the cup patch from them

Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
fighterfoo
Yep.

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-JUNEAU-A...p2047675.l2557

I've seen a few come and go over the last several years. But they're either the wrong size or in rough shape. The last one that was this nice in my size was a couple years ago and went for close to $250.
Ugh i would have totally bid you up on that. Beautiful sweater, authentic in every way.

I have all three sweaters from that time period, authentic CCMs, size 48. Even the 91-92 TBTC jersey.

Now, two questions. 1) do you think Custom Crafted will still customize them? If so, 2) who should I get on the:

a) home (white)
b) away (black)
c) Turn Back The Clock (w/ 75th Anniversary patch)

Was thinking Neely for the white, Bourque for the black, but no idea for the TBTC. Ideas?

fighterfoo is offline   Reply With Quote