HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle?

If for some crazy reason, the Coyotes lost their damn minds and decided to trade Keith Yandle for a center (I am in NO way advocating this, and I want Yandle to stay in Phoenix FOREVER), who is the best center they could get for him?

***I'm not interested in any packages where an NHL center is not the primary return. Don't bother posting any proposals without a legitimate NHL pivot as the centerpiece.***

01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
SERE 24
LGR

If O'Reilly re-signs soon, I could see one of Stastny/Duchene being realistic +/- on either side, depending which one.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Kershaw

Duchene for Yandle.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Bocephus86

Krejci

Though probably not any more if Dougie keeps it up. Off season maybe?

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Duchene for Yandle.
Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Vic Vinegar

Paul Stastny?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.
Thread isn't about OEL.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
He never said he was.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Goulet17

I have a high opinion of Yandle and I think he would have a high trade value.

In terms of Colorado, I think they would be unlikely to move Duchene and more likely to move Stastny or ROR. I am not sure either Stastny or ROR would be enough for Phoenix.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
dubplatepressure

Michael Grabosskie.

But seriously, could see Colorado showing lots of interest for ROR.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thread isn't about OEL.
His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.
I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Ennis

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.
Got it

Old
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
FunkyChicken
Dishonor for Connor

I believe this is where I'm supposed to jump in with a Gagner plus offer...

Flyers look like the best match with a couple young centers and a need for D.

FunkyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very .

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
416Leafer

Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very .

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.
I think you have it backwards. Yandle is likely held back offensively in Tip's system, having to be responsible more so. On another team with a more open offense and better weapons, I think he would rack up more points.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.
No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
cobra427

Quote:

Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
hockeyball

Not a chance we are trading Pav's at this point. He's part of the hottest line in the NHL, a big part, he's not available unless we start sucking.

While I wouldn't mind having Yandle to replace Boyle in a couple years, it's not an immediate need.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.
That's why I said "Kopitar would be a no-deal".

I listed the depth for each team in centres on the left, and then explained which one(s) I thought could be available for Yandle on the right.

Carter for Yandle (LA would have to add) would likely help both teams. Yandle+Doughty on LAs PP?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...
I think Krejci or one of Colorados centres probably make the "most" sense.

Boston would have to add a small piece to Krejci to make it a fair deal, but it's not terribly far off in value.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Goulet17

Quote:

I think it is really hard to envision Colorado trading Duchene at the moment. Stastny is a UFA in 2014 and ROR is unsiged. I don't believe Colorado intends to bring Stastny back.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote