HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  #1
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,146
vCash: 500
Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle?

If for some crazy reason, the Coyotes lost their damn minds and decided to trade Keith Yandle for a center (I am in NO way advocating this, and I want Yandle to stay in Phoenix FOREVER), who is the best center they could get for him?

***I'm not interested in any packages where an NHL center is not the primary return. Don't bother posting any proposals without a legitimate NHL pivot as the centerpiece.***

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
  #2
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 500
If O'Reilly re-signs soon, I could see one of Stastny/Duchene being realistic +/- on either side, depending which one.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
  #3
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Duchene for Yandle.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
  #4
Bocephus86
Registered User
 
Bocephus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Bosto
Country: United States
Posts: 3,924
vCash: 500
Krejci

Though probably not any more if Dougie keeps it up. Off season maybe?

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
  #5
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Duchene for Yandle.
Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
  #6
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Paul Stastny?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
  #7
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
  #8
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.
Thread isn't about OEL.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
  #9
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.
He never said he was.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
  #10
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
I have a high opinion of Yandle and I think he would have a high trade value.

In terms of Colorado, I think they would be unlikely to move Duchene and more likely to move Stastny or ROR. I am not sure either Stastny or ROR would be enough for Phoenix.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
  #11
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
Michael Grabosskie.


But seriously, could see Colorado showing lots of interest for ROR.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
  #12
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thread isn't about OEL.
His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
  #13
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.
I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
  #14
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Ennis

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
  #15
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.
Got it

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
  #16
FunkyChicken
Dishonor for Connor
 
FunkyChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 8 years and counting
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
I believe this is where I'm supposed to jump in with a Gagner plus offer...

Flyers look like the best match with a couple young centers and a need for D.

FunkyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
  #17
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very .

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
  #18
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
  #19
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very .

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.
I think you have it backwards. Yandle is likely held back offensively in Tip's system, having to be responsible more so. On another team with a more open offense and better weapons, I think he would rack up more points.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  #20
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.
No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  #21
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.
Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
  #22
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,785
vCash: 500
Not a chance we are trading Pav's at this point. He's part of the hottest line in the NHL, a big part, he's not available unless we start sucking.

While I wouldn't mind having Yandle to replace Boyle in a couple years, it's not an immediate need.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
  #23
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.
That's why I said "Kopitar would be a no-deal".

I listed the depth for each team in centres on the left, and then explained which one(s) I thought could be available for Yandle on the right.

Carter for Yandle (LA would have to add) would likely help both teams. Yandle+Doughty on LAs PP?

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
  #24
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...
I think Krejci or one of Colorados centres probably make the "most" sense.

Boston would have to add a small piece to Krejci to make it a fair deal, but it's not terribly far off in value.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
  #25
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.
I think it is really hard to envision Colorado trading Duchene at the moment. Stastny is a UFA in 2014 and ROR is unsiged. I don't believe Colorado intends to bring Stastny back.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.