Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Zach Bogosian Update?

Old
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Zach Bogosian Update?

Hey Jets Fans, just wondering if anyone knows what is the latest with Bogosian, or when you are expecting to have him back? Sorry if there is an Injury thread on this board, if there is I missed it.

Todds Chiropractory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Flair Hay

The Jets basically forbid their injured players from interviews when hurt and the team doesn't discuss injuries with the press.

He's skating with the team but it was a pretty major wrist surgery so nobody really knows at this point. The sooner the better though he is turning into a heck of a player.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
SCP Guy

Do we all think 3 weeks is a good guess?

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Do we all think 3 weeks is a good guess?
las i heard was like mid february-earliest.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
sigdawg

i have heard the latter part feb. early march... i would guess later rather than sooner... it was a serious injury and neither bogo or the jets want to risk re-injury.

sigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Zach

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
This is the closest thing we've had to a definitive answer:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...185859942.html

Quote:
Q: What's the status of Jets defenceman Zach Bogosian, who had surgery on his wrist?

A: The team says his rehabilitation is coming along fine. In fact, Bogosian may begin skating this week. But his return date remains unknown, he'll remain on the injured reserve list (and still get paid) and it's not out of the question he'll miss the first month of season when it gets going.
I expect we'll hear an update soon on his recovery.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
tntkid

Hopefully we get Bogosian back soon as he is an integral part of our defense.

Possibly late February to early March.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Resurrection

If we're to make the playoffs bogo will be a requires asset. I don't want to mortgage our future on that, however. If that means he missed all of February... so be it.

Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
We really missed Bogo...and I think he'll make a huge, needed impact when he's back

Hopefully its within the next few weeks (mid Feb latest) as some suggest, but surgeries are case:case

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
He'll be coming back without having a training camp; it seems to me that generally when this happens the returning player has an off year.

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
alchemyindex
Winter is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
He'll be coming back without having a training camp; it seems to me that generally when this happens the returning player has an off year.
While I definitely wouldn't blame him, I hope he can return to his old (or better) self in decent time. Either way, Brogosian at any level is better than Clitnone.

alchemyindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1001
I seem to remember a Noel interview in the Free Press where he identified mid February as the likely return date. For those who worry he will be rushed back, I think those worries are unfounded. When he gets cleared by the medical staff he will play. I don't think you can categorize it as a major injury in the traditional sense, but rather a chronic injury he played through for years, which would flair up and cause him to miss time. Surgery was the right call and he is currently at the 5 month mark of a typical recovery time of 4-6 months.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

What I'm most curious about when it comes to Bogo is what his next contract might look like. He had a good year last year but his numbers weren't jaw-dropping, and now he's going to play a portion of an already shortened season (small sample size). Obviously how he plays this year will be a big factor, but it will be an interesting negotiation none-the-less.

Is it a one year contract that allows Bogo to prove what he can do over a full season? Is it a long term contract? If it's the latter, what kind of numbers should we expect? Obviously I'm pulling for Bogo to play lights out when he gets back but if he struggles somewhat, the silver lining for the organization is that they might be able to lock him up at a very reasonable price. Again, let me re-iterate that I AM NOT HOPING FOR THIS!

Say he comes back and puts up 10 points in 30 games and plays just below how he played last year defensively -- would 5 or 6 years at $4m per be out of the question?

Worst case scenario would be a 2 year deal which would take him to UFA status. Chevy needs to sign him to a 1 year deal or lock him up as long as possible IMO.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
What I'm most curious about when it comes to Bogo is what his next contract might look like. He had a good year last year but his numbers weren't jaw-dropping, and now he's going to play a portion of an already shortened season (small sample size). Obviously how he plays this year will be a big factor, but it will be an interesting negotiation none-the-less.

Is it a one year contract that allows Bogo to prove what he can do over a full season? Is it a long term contract? If it's the latter, what kind of numbers should we expect? Obviously I'm pulling for Bogo to play lights out when he gets back but if he struggles somewhat, the silver lining for the organization is that they might be able to lock him up at a very reasonable price. Again, let me re-iterate that I AM NOT HOPING FOR THIS!

Say he comes back and puts up 10 points in 30 games and plays just below how he played last year defensively -- would 5 or 6 years at $4m per be out of the question?

Worst case scenario would be a 2 year deal which would take him to UFA status. Chevy needs to sign him to a 1 year deal or lock him up as long as possible IMO.
I'm not one to want to offer a long term reward contract off of shortened sample size but I think Bogosian is an exception.

He always has had big promise. He really started showing what he could do last year, and that was all along playing with a pretty significant injury.

Bogosian tops out as a very rare type of NHL player, one that isn't easy to replace. He loves Winnipeg, he has an amazing personality and is very community minded. He is also very big into fitness.

I have no doubt the Jets will offer him a long term contract. Like I am going to say 100% guarantee unless something devastating happens.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'm not one to want to offer a long term reward contract off of shortened sample size but I think Bogosian is an exception.

He always has had big promise. He really started showing what he could do last year, and that was all along playing with a pretty significant injury.

Bogosian tops out as a very rare type of NHL player, one that isn't easy to replace. He loves Winnipeg, he has an amazing personality and is very community minded. He is also very big into fitness.

I have no doubt the Jets will offer him a long term contract. Like I am going to say 100% guarantee unless something devastating happens.
I agree. And I don't think Chevy will try to nickle and dime him. They will offer him fair market value which should be 5 M or a little north of that on a long term contract in the 5-8 year range. On the open market off last season, with his skill set and potential he would be offered at least that.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Hawker14

8 years $42m.

He's the cornerstone of the franchise going forward, imo.

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:36 AM
kurpitsa

vCash: 583
We seriously need him on the second line... hope he gets back next month

kurpitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:32 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

For those who don't read the Free Press under the Scheifele article today they had an "On the Mend" subtitle saying: No changes in the status of blue-liner Zach Bogosian, who is being targeted with a return in mid-February.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Tdoe42

2 Weeks!! Im giddy!!

Last edited by Tdoe42: 02-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:12 PM
gholas

When we're mathematically out of the play-off picture, about 2 weeks

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:32 PM
SCP Guy

Hope he is back for the Bruins game Feb 17th....That is my next game

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
facey

He's a beast, killing my fantasy lineup having him still out and no reliable info available.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
He's a beast, killing my fantasy lineup having him still out and no reliable info available.
Its always been Mid-Feb... Thats what they said 5 Months ago and seems to be on track

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/02/0...s-to-do-better

Quote:
some good news on the injury front as he said blue-liner Zach Bogosian (wrist) are close to returning to skating with the group.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote