HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers vs Flyers | 29/1/13: Get well soon Cally

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
Henrik Lundqvist 60 56.60%
Dan Girardi 16 15.09%
Marc Staal 4 3.77%
Michael Del Zotto 87 82.08%
Stu Bickel 2 1.89%
Anton Stralman 7 6.60%
Ryan McDonagh 12 11.32%
Rick Nash 32 30.19%
Brad Richards 4 3.77%
Marian Gaborik 1 0.94%
Ryan Callahan 16 15.09%
Derek Stepan 1 0.94%
Carl Hagelin 52 49.06%
Brian Boyle 4 3.77%
Taylor Pyatt 0 0%
Benn Ferriero 0 0%
Jeff Halpern 2 1.89%
Goon 1 1 0.94%
Goon 2 2 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
  #76
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Not sure how I feel about Torts calling out Hagelin. I think he was really pissed about the team almost giving away the game in the third and he got a question about Hagelin and sort of went off about it without thinking too much. I have faith in his ability to manage the guys though, he's done well so far. If he can keep Hags hungry and playing like he did tonight, that's fine by me.
My guess is that he doesn't want any of the blame to go to Nash/Richards/Gaborik this early in the season and is making an example out of a young player like Hags.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
  #77
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Speaking of Stepan - this was the first game that I can remember where our forward line with Stepan-Cally duo a part of it - showed some semblance of chemistry and looked dangerous offensively.

Really am upset with Cally's injury - he is this team's heart and he's going to be terribly missed even if his offensive production and PK skill can be replaced.

Girardi definitely deserve a star for last night's effort - I actually went with all defense - G, McD adn MDZ.
Agree, I was thinking the same thing, Step-Cally were finally clicking.

Really pissed Cally is hurt. We need him.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:47 AM
  #78
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
McDonagh 30:09 minutes last night.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
  #79
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Don't pay attention to the bashers. Just like a couple years ago the short-sighted people wanted Girardi sent packing and then they wanted Del Zotto sent packing. Some of us actually realize that they're going to be good players. The same can be said for Stepan.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
  #80
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
McDonagh 30:09 minutes last night.
Totally unacceptable at this point in the season.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
  #81
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
GG, boys! Our first streak. Gotta keep 'er going.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
  #82
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Totally unacceptable at this point in the season.
The Leafs are playing Kostka 32 minutes a game.. we are looking like a joke team like them if we continue using McDonagh in this way. It WILL come bite us in the ass in the end..

Especially since McDonagh plays from the left like Staal and Del Zotto, the side we have the most depth in. I'd rather lose more games in the regular season than wear out McDonagh to this degree

toewsintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
  #83
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,682
vCash: 50
I don't think Stu saw a second of ice time after the first. At this point it's just comical, demote him and it should be the last we ever see of him. This rolling of 4/5 D killed us in the end last season.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
  #84
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
The Leafs are playing Kostka 32 minutes a game.. we are looking like a joke team like them if we continue using McDonagh in this way. It WILL come bite us in the ass in the end..

Especially since McDonagh plays from the left like Staal and Del Zotto, the side we have the most depth in. I'd rather lose more games in the regular season than wear out McDonagh to this degree
McDonagh isn't even in the top 20 of average icetime around the league. He and Girardi are 23rd and 24th

If you want them to be top pairing defensemen that's how many minutes they're going to play (24-25). That's pretty much what the best defensemen in the league play every single year

One game of high icetime isn't enough to freak out about

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
  #85
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
McDonagh isn't even in the top 20 of average icetime around the league. He and Girardi are 23rd and 24th

If you want them to be top pairing defensemen that's how many minutes they're going to play (24-25). That's pretty much what the best defensemen in the league play every single year

One game of high icetime isn't enough to freak out about
Plus if they stop taking 6+ penalties per game his ice time will also decrease.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
  #86
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Totally unacceptable at this point in the season.
It's absolutely acceptable. Ryan McDonagh and Dan Girardi have developed a reputation as being possibly the best defense pairing in the NHL, they should be able to handle these minutes on a night-to-night basis.

What I like more this year is that Torts is shuffling through minutes with the defenders on a game to game basis. Against the Leafs, DZ and Staal played 27 and 26 minutes respective.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
  #87
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
It's absolutely acceptable. Ryan McDonagh and Dan Girardi have developed a reputation as being possibly the best defense pairing in the NHL, they should be able to handle these minutes on a night-to-night basis.

What I like more this year is that Torts is shuffling through minutes with the defenders on a game to game basis. Against the Leafs, DZ and Staal played 27 and 26 minutes respective.
None of them should be playing over 22-23 minutes a game. I understand some games will go over, but not every single one. What happens if a game goes to OT? Should McDonagh play 33 minutes?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
  #88
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
None of them should be playing over 22-23 minutes a game. I understand some games will go over, but not every single one. What happens if a game goes to OT? Should McDonagh play 33 minutes?
We don't have a competent 3rd pairing to spread even minutes like those, that's the problem.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
  #89
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
None of them should be playing over 22-23 minutes a game.
This is not how top defensemen are used in the NHL

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  #90
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,386
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I don't think Stu saw a second of ice time after the first. At this point it's just comical, demote him and it should be the last we ever see of him. This rolling of 4/5 D killed us in the end last season.
I'm pretty certain he was there just in case the game got out of hand. Would be surprised to see him in the lineup over Eminger on Thursday.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
  #91
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I'm pretty certain he was there just in case the game got out of hand. Would be surprised to see him in the lineup over Eminger on Thursday.
This. BTW how surprising it was that there were no fights last night???!!!

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
  #92
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
This. BTW how surprising it was that there were no fights last night???!!!
there was one...

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
  #93
Shroomtastic71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
there was one...
Technically, no. Cally and Talbot only got roughing minors, there were no majors handed out in the game. Very happy there were no more crappy staged fights.

Shroomtastic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
  #94
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,728
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
there was one...
not officially. They were both given roughing minors.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  #95
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 500
Staged fights are useless. They make us lose.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
  #96
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
A lot of the hype came from shredding the WJC competition at age 19... it happens with 1-2 guys a year.
Schenn had a 6 point game and another multi point game...both against bottom feeding teams during that tournament.

When it matters he was, and has always been, awful.

His draft position and his huge offensive output in juniors is what had/s him hyped, but he's simply an above average prospect.

Seriously, how does a guy go from 53 points in 27 WHL regular season games to 11 points in 10 playoff games? That is a major problem.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.