HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
right now i see ZERO need for an extra d-man. whiskey and muzz are playing well and doing what's asked. both have filled in admirably.

i saw that #33's MRI came back yesterday as clean and nothing negative, so let's hope he is on the short list to return.

the ONLY reason to acquire anyone is if Muzz or Whiskey get injured before Mitchell's return (knock on wood). i would rather see these two get ice time, improve their games and increase their stock. otherwise there is no need to be looking at the likes of Sopel.

hell i think i would rather see the next kid in MAN that DL thinks is ready to get a call up and test him. that will mean more to the club long term, than signing some scrub for a short term fix only release/waive him within weeks.

when Bodnarchuk was signed it was likely because he was the 'best option, at the best cost' to add depth. the situation now is the same, trying to find depth that is 'the best option, at the best cost'. Deano already planned for this situation and brought in Bodnarchuk

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 01-30-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I agree, let's see what Bodnarchuk can do as a fill in before we go blowing cap space and a roster spot on the Brent Sopels of the world.

Chuck has played great for the Monarchs this year.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Zack Boychuk has been placed on waivers. At one point he was considered a top prospect and I dont think Carolina hasnt given him much of a chance at the NHL level.
He's only 23. Any intrest?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
This would be a god send.

If we're looking at ex-Kings, what about Kyle Quincey? He'd be cheap, and he's been solid the past few years. I've always liked his play, he's a reliable 3-4 defenseman.
Literally every team's fanbase has had bad things to say about him since he left us. They may have been slotting him into a higher position on their depth list, where he was more likely to be exposed, but I don't know for sure. He'd be a good 3rd pairing option at any rate. But we already have a ton of those.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
Zack Boychuk has been placed on waivers. At one point he was considered a top prospect and I dont think Carolina hasnt given him much of a chance at the NHL level.
He's likely too small to contribute on the lower lines, and we already have better options for the top 6. Let the Flames or Panthers or whatever have him.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
No. Who would he replaced on our NHL roster? If its trying to put him somewhere on the Monarchs, then maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
right now i see ZERO need for an extra d-man. whiskey and muzz are playing well and doing what's asked. both have filled in admirably.
Agree 100%. Even with Muzzin/Drewiske as our 3rd pairing, and being forced to move Martinez into a more prominent role, our Defensive Corps is STILL better than most other teams.

I expect Mitchell to be back in the not distant future.

In the event of an injury prior to Mitchell returning, it wouldnt be the end of the world, if on a short-term basis, we give Deslaurius or Campbell a quick call up. If we needed a long-term solution, then that would be where DL needs to start looking to make a move.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
We really just need a stay-at-home type of guy. Preferrable a veteran. Hal Gill? Very steady and typically on the plus side of the stat sheet.

A guy like him will give Voynov or Martinez a little more freedom to roam. He is big around his net and blocks alot of shots.

Before you start calling him a pylon, Mitchell and Greene have that same reputation.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Whiskeypete

from Jimmy Fox's FB post

#LAKings Wed practice 23-11-14/13-10-77/12-28-22/25-74-24-71///7-8/27-26/6-44/47 No 33 on ice during reg practice

*no 33 again on the ice. i think this is day 3 or 4 in a row. may be experiencing swelling is my guess (i had arthro done on a knee and i had that issue for weeks afterwards)

*penner skating on the #4 line with King. looks to me Kong will sit the next game and pancakes will be back on the ice.

*Clifford still on the #2 with his strong play and effort

*Gag's on the #3, despite many people criticizing his play on Monday. Sutter saw something he liked, or it means that Penner and King are worse along.

* no mention of it, but i won't be surprised to see JB in net against NSH. he needs to get some game action and get him prepped for the back to back's when he will be looked upon to help carry the team

Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I would be surprised if Bernier played against the Preds.

I don't think Sutter would sit ANY goalie that won 2 straight.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Lokti has officially asked for a trader, per the Mayor. Please give my baby a good home.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
We really just need a stay-at-home type of guy. Preferrable a veteran. Hal Gill? Very steady and typically on the plus side of the stat sheet.
That's true. I think Gill is too old, but I like to get Colorado's Shane O'Brien. A big, physical left-shooting d-man and not too old (29 years) or too expensive (caphit 2.0 mil). Not smartest player or very mobile, but he is naturally aggressive guy.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Lokti has officially asked for a trader, per the Mayor. Please give my baby a good home.
You know.. two Kings have already asked for a trade. CANCER IN ZE LOCKERR00M!!11

Seriously though...I'm just glad it's about depth and nothing else. I think Loktionov will be traded before Bernier. Not that Dean will give him up for anything but because he doesn't hold much value, imo. He deserves to be playing somewhere. As does Bernier..but, Dean will trade him when the time is right.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
ESPN INsider is saying that the Kings are looking into Brent Sopel.
What as a coach? Scout? Practice moving pylon? Make the forwards think their faster than they really are?

Old
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
What as a coach? Scout? Practice moving pylon? Make the forwards think their faster than they really are?
As a fashion consultant

Old
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Where does Loktionov expect to go where they'll give him the chance to play a top six role? Unfortunately, I can't see many options for him and his trade value probably isn't very high.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Custance
Teams around the league very aware of Andrei Loktionov's availability. Currently not much interest in him out there.
https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/st...93899160846336

Old
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Not sure what we'd be able to get for Loktionov, but packaged with Bernier, that's another story.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post
Just as expected. He needs to be in a top six role, it's wasteful of his talents to have him elsewhere. But what team has an opening to slot him as a second line center?

The Kings either hang on to him and he bolts for Russia next year or they swap him for another unproven player, like they did when they swapped Lauri Tukonen for Rich Clune.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
KingsFan7824

I would think Loktionov will have to wait until teams start falling out of the race before he gets dealt, this season. Just like Hickey, teams aren't going to be knocking the door down to get a guy, now getting closer to his mid 20's than early 20's, who hasn't proven it in the NHL.

Best thing he can do is keep playing hard in Manchester, and then either get traded probably at the deadline(assuming the Kings are in the race), or figure out what to do in the summer.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Where does Loktionov expect to go where they'll give him the chance to play a top six role? Unfortunately, I can't see many options for him and his trade value probably isn't very high.
Can't think of too many teams that need a top 6 center. Maybe Edmonton, Anaheim, Toronto? But we wont get much, plus I fear him going to Edmonton and finding chemistry with Yakupov.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I agree, the D for the most part has looked good. But most of the rumors I've read are not LA based. Maybe the national coverage only sees Mitchell and Greene out and haven't seen the Kings play.
ANd depending on the 'who' involved (I read Leopold and SEkera again this morning) where does that leave Greene?

Unless Dean is kicking the tires until April, and seeing how they stand then. Or maybe they aren't sure if Mitchell's knee will hold up.

But I think Muzzin deserves his shot, so far so good.

Quote:
#LAKings Wed practice 23-11-14/13-10-77/12-28-22/25-74-24-71///7-8/27-26/6-44/47 No 33 on ice during reg practice
Kings News Daily tweeted that Penner is also practicing on the Right side with the 4th line.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
How about Loktionov plus a pick to phx for schlemko. Heard they've been looking for a center for awhile.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
And who would he replace in the line up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post

*Gag's on the #3, despite many people criticizing his play on Monday. Sutter saw something he liked, or it means that Penner and King are worse along.
I don't get the criticism. I actually thought he did ok on Monday.

As for Loktionov, what a shame. He went from some people referring to him as a poor man's Datsyuk (never bought that he was THAT good, but still) to this. Once again, I think Dean-o was late in dealing him. He should have been sent packing when we got Richards honestly, the writing was on the wall then.

Not that Pittsburgh would do it, but a deal for Eric Tangradi I'd like to see. Wonder if Loki + a 4th/5th would fetch Tangradi.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Not that Pittsburgh would do it, but a deal for Eric Tangradi I'd like to see. Wonder if Loki + a 4th/5th would fetch Tangradi.
Id think their value is pretty close to even. Tang hasn't impressed many Pitt fans and looking at his numbers, he can't be impressing management either.

Even swap

Old
01-30-2013, 03:16 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Id think their value is pretty close to even. Tang hasn't impressed many Pitt fans and looking at his numbers, he can't be impressing management either.

Even swap
Then I'd do it. With that size, I can't imagine he wouldn't fit into Sutter's system, barring any work ethic issues (IE Penner). Could replace Richardson as well.

Closed Thread