HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neckbeards 3, Adonises 0: Cody McLeod falls face-first into an incline press

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Catch

vCash: 500
SoB takes a cheap shot on Bieksa after the play. Kassassin beats up SOB

Old
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
BeardedCanuck

vCash: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
No. First 3 home games only.
Thanks.

4-1 Canucks
Burrows
Raymond
Daniel
Schroeder

And some random Colorado player

Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
struckmatch

Is Schneider a baby? Does he need to be rested after a single game, every time?

Is he incapable of playing back to backs? I was under the impression he was a budding, young, superstar goalie ready for the workload of a No. 1?

I understand it's a shortened season and all, but for god's sake, how do you expect him to learn the grind of a No.1 goaltender's workload in the NHL when you bench him every other game (and in this case, for 2 straight games) - this entire goalie situation in Vancouver is a freaking mess.

For those of you that are using the "showcasing" Luongo argument...he's been in this league forever, what is 1 or 2 more games going to tell ANY General Manager interested in acquiring Luongo more than they already know about him? Not to mention, anything he does in the regular season doesn't matter anyways. It's widely known he's still a top 5 - 10 goaltender in this league, it's the fit in Vancouver and the contract which is causing the issue right now.

That's just ridiculous. We're saving Schneider for the Blackhawks? Don't we have a day between games?

Cory Schneider is FULLY capable of playing regularly - why are the Canucks treating him as though he's fragile?

Old
Kesler is Bestler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@ElliottPap
Even more AV on starting Luongo: "Those are internal things and we'll just leave it at that." #verrrryinteresting #vansuncanucks
I hate the media in this town

Old
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Bah...kev will take care of it himself...

Old
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
I hate the media in this town
Don't worry 80% of people do.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post

Is he incapable of playing back to backs? I was under the impression he was a budding, young, superstar goalie ready for the workload of a No. 1?

I understand it's a shortened season and all, but for god's sake, how do you expect him to learn the grind of a No.1 goaltender's workload in the NHL when you bench him every other game (and in this case, for 2 straight games) - this entire goalie situation in Vancouver is a freaking mess.

For those of you that are using the "showcasing" Luongo argument...he's been in this league forever, what is 1 or 2 more games going to tell ANY General Manager interested in acquiring Luongo more than they already know about him? Not to mention, anything he does in the regular season doesn't matter anyways. It's widely known he's still a top 5 - 10 goaltender in this league, it's the fit in Vancouver and the contract which is causing the issue right now.

That's just ridiculous. We're saving Schneider for the Blackhawks? Don't we have a day between games?

Cory Schneider is FULLY capable of playing regularly - why are the Canucks treating him as though he's fragile?
I think we're playing whoever will give us the best chance to win.
Luongo played great last game, so we should keep on starting him until he doesn't have a good game.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Nah, Bieksa will fight back...and I don't think SOB will pull that kind of crap on KB...maybe someone like Burrows though.

BTW, love the profile pic...TMNT Lego...I thought I'd seen it all.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

AV certainly can be better at managing the media and his words.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
SOB hasn't been in a fight for forever, unless your counting trash talk after the ref comes over, he leads the league in that.
Well, there's some bad blood between SOB and the Canucks, so you never know.

Old
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@ElliottPap
Even more AV on starting Luongo: "Those are internal things and we'll just leave it at that." #verrrryinteresting #vansuncanucks
Guy's trying for some kind of smear campaign on Schneider?

#waitforit

Old
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
av is such a dumbass

Old
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
HAMMY5

Quote:

Luongos been a slow starter more often then not maybe they want to show hes ready to go right now and in tip top form.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Nah, Bieksa will fight back...and I don't think SOB will pull that kind of crap on KB...maybe someone like Burrows though.

BTW, love the profile pic...TMNT Lego...I thought I'd seen it all.
It'll be Raymond, dude gets abused by everyone.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:

The coaching staff wants to ride the hot hand. Chalk me up as a fan who thinks our wins and losses so far in this shortened season are more correlated to the play of our skaters as opposed to our goal tending but it's a moot point. If we're handing out grades and Schneider has a B then Luongo has a B+ it's that simple. It's best to ignore the specific comments that AV makes, he's not the best at disguising his intentions, being tactful, etc. Focusing on who starts against Chicago is easier than him admitting that Luongo is playing slightly better and adding fuel to the fire.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I think we're playing whoever will give us the best chance to win.
Luongo played great last game, so we should keep on starting him until he doesn't have a good game.
This is the opposite from what the message was and has been all freaking Summer.

It was never "we have two great goalie and we're going to rotate them and play the one who performs better" - it has been "yes we are trying to shop Luongo because Cory is our #1"

It's a mess right now. Not to mention, Cory was brutal in our first game but has been better ever since.

TSN.ca: Luongo is hot (0-0-2, 1.85, .933 in last 2 GPI).

TSN.ca: Schneider is hot (2-1-0, 1.95, .935 in last 3 GPI).

How has Luongo been so much better than Schneider that he should start 2 games in a row when Schneider was touted as the #1 all summer long, by the Canucks themselves?

The goalie situation is a mess.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
shootout lost

Old
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
VanEric

I think AV sat down and planned out a schedule for his goaltenders to start the season and is following it regardless of results. We may as well use Luongo while we have him because if/when he goes, Schneider's going to play until his legs fall off.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMY5 View Post
Luongos been a slow starter more often then not maybe they want to show hes ready to go right now and in tip top form.
That's like us going to scout Pavel Datsyuk if he was available...what the hell kind of NHL executive needs to scout a veteran player who's been around for 10 years?

What is 1 game going to tell them? Luongo has proven he's a capable goalie in this league and can help carry a team to the Stanley Cup Finals. You're telling me 1 regular season game against the Colorado Avalanche is going to change some NHL GM's mind on acquiring or not acquiring him?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:25 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

They are playing Luongo, don't think it has anything to do with showcasing anybody, or anybody being fragile.

They've got two good goalies, there is no reason for a 3/1 game ration. Hope to see them both around 20 games. 28 starts for Cory, 20 for Lu.

The only people this bothers are a few fans and all the media.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I think AV sat down and planned out a schedule for his goaltenders to start the season and is following it regardless of results. We may as well use Luongo while we have him because if/when he goes, Schneider's going to play until his legs fall off.
this

I think that if we trade Luongo midseason that we are going to have a really bad backup and Schneider will be forced to play a ton.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
HAMMY5

Quote:
This is the opposite from what the message was and has been all freaking Summer.

It was never "we have two great goalie and we're going to rotate them and play the one who performs better" - it has been "yes we are trying to shop Luongo because Cory is our #1"

It's a mess right now. Not to mention, Cory was brutal in our first game but has been better ever since.

How has Luongo been so much better than Schneider that he should start 2 games in a row when Schneider was touted as the #1 all summer long, by the Canucks themselves?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Scurr

Quote:
I look at starting Lu in back to back games as the opposite of this. If Cory was fragile I think they would have thought twice about it. Cory can handle this and the competition will make him better.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

I'll take this mess over Washington, Philly, Florida, and Toronto's mess in the pipes any day.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:28 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
They are playing Luongo, don't think it has anything to do with showcasing anybody, or anybody being fragile.

They've got two good goalies, there is no reason for a 3/1 game ration. Hope to see them both around 20 games. 28 starts for Cory, 20 for Lu.

The only people this bothers are a few fans and all the media.
What's the success rate for teams who don't have a defined starting goaltender? For teams who name a starting goaltender then act completely the opposite towards that goaltender?

It rarely ever works out. If you want to sit there and believe the chance for success with 2 goalies (and nearly 10 million locked in goaltending against the cap) when there are GLARING holes on this team that could be filled by trading one of them - the Canucks have come out and said it would be Luongo - then that's good for you.

But this situation is upside down and really not being handled well at all by Gillis and Alain Vigneault.

So when does Schneider learn how to be a No.1 and the workload involved? When the safety net, Luongo, has been traded? How does that make any sense?

Closed Thread