HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Zitter63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I dont know how far fetched this is, but you know how Jamison was the former owner of the Sharks, well today, something interesting happened.

Also tweeted by Puck Daddy. Could the two latter gentleman be Jamison investors trying to get money at the last minute by selling to Plattner?

No way that can be just a co-incidence, great find. It actually made the -30 weather here in Edmonton feel like +30 (if only).

Old
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Personally, I'd rather be a QC fan than a Seattle fan, but I'd really prefer to be a Don, Tip, and Doan fan. I think QC rules out all three, where as Seattle gives us hope of keeping maybe the whole trio. As such, I'd prefer Seattle to QC, but ONLY for that reason.
What's with you and your hard on for QC?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Lol!!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

But why on earth would we thank Tyson for suggesting that we watch a game where the Coyotes will supposedly get schooled by another team?

I've seen those games before, and never felt like thanking anyone afterwards. In fact, I'd prefer a warning to NOT watch those games because I really don't enjoy seeing my team get destroyed. Even if the other team is a thing of beauty.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
But why on earth would we thank Tyson for suggesting that we watch a game where the Coyotes will supposedly get schooled by another team?

I've seen those games before, and never felt like thanking anyone afterwards. In fact, I'd prefer a warning to NOT watch those games because I really don't enjoy seeing my team get destroyed. Even if the other team is a thing of beauty.

I'm with you. I think it has to do with ownership, in light of all the reports we've heard lately.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Lol!!
My first choice is Glendale. If that becomes an impossibility then what are my options? Toronto Pt.II, Seattle, and QC, right? Am I missing any? My first choice is Seattle because there is a chance we could keep the team together. My second choice is QC because it's a hockey mad market, with rich history, and a ton of cash to spend on the product. Toronto Pt.II would be my third choice, as there will likely be a ton of cash thrown around, but it'll be a bit like being a Clippers fan.

So how does preferring Seattle to QC and QC to Hamilton/Markham equate to having a hard on for QC?

01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

He already went ape on the air about how this game can't be missed because it's going to be such a great show (and he meant the Oilers skill, not anything ownership related).

Old
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
He already went ape on the air about how this game can't be missed because it's going to be such a great show (and he meant the Oilers skill, not anything ownership related).
If I want to enjoy the Oilers skill, I'll watch the Oilers play someone else - someone that I don't mind seeing beat!

If it's a Coyotes game, I want to see the Oilers trip over the blue line, forget to take off the skate guards, put their helmets on backwards, and tape the wrong ends of their sticks. I don't want to see some beautiful play against MY team!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8897959

~2:45 mark

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
For those of us stuck behind a work firewall...what is this about?

Old
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
In summary: "We shall see".

Nothing new here.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
just "it doesnt look good" -LeBrun but never say die

Old
01-30-2013, 02:28 PM
BuffaloAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Little help for those who can't stream video at work?!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Zitter63

Quote:
If I want to enjoy the Oilers skill, I'll watch the Oilers play someone else - someone that I don't mind seeing beat!

If it's a Coyotes game, I want to see the Oilers trip over the blue line, forget to take off the skate guards, put their helmets on backwards, and tape the wrong ends of their sticks. I don't want to see some beautiful play against MY team!
Not sure why you all seem to think the oil will destroy us. I've lived and had seasons here in edmonton for the last 12 years and none of their teams (even the cup final team) was all that good. Yeah they have finished dead last the last few years and have some epic talent but besides the 4 kids and shultz, they have garbage, and not 1 player (besides fistric which has been a healthy scratch a couple games) of any size. You know how to stop a little kid that thinks he is all that, ya knock him on his *** and remind him ur much bigger than he is. Yotes ride the completed sale of the team to a 4-1 victory!

Old
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
Little help for those who can't stream video at work?!
In summary: "We shall see". Nothing new here, you didn't miss anything.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

I'm with you. I'm a Coyotes fan. I agree. I'm pretty sure Nash is more of an Oilers fan, and isn't really "getting it" that Coyotes fans aren't so enthralled as he is. I'm not really upset about it. The guy is a loveable knucklehead, but he's most definitely a knucklehead.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post
Not sure why you all seem to think the oil will destroy us. I've lived and had seasons here in edmonton for the last 12 years and none of their teams (even the cup final team) was all that good. Yeah they have finished dead last the last few years and have some epic talent but besides the 4 kids and shultz, they have garbage, and not 1 player (besides fistric which has been a healthy scratch a couple games) of any size. You know how to stop a little kid that thinks he is all that, ya knock him on his *** and remind him ur much bigger than he is. Yotes ride the completed sale of the team to a 4-1 victory!
Nobody here thinks Edmonton is a better team.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
My first choice is Glendale. If that becomes an impossibility then what are my options? Toronto Pt.II, Seattle, and QC, right? Am I missing any? My first choice is Seattle because there is a chance we could keep the team together. My second choice is QC because it's a hockey mad market, with rich history, and a ton of cash to spend on the product. Toronto Pt.II would be my third choice, as there will likely be a ton of cash thrown around, but it'll be a bit like being a Clippers fan.

So how does preferring Seattle to QC and QC to Hamilton/Markham equate to having a hard on for QC?
Oh c'mon, don't play coy, your post history is littered with QC affections. Even your post about Seattle clearly states that the ONLY (your use of caps, not mine) reason you'd prefer Seattle over QC is because you think a move to QC would cause the loss of Doan, Tip and DM.

Eh it doesn't matter, you don't have to answer. Off topic anyway.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 01-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Scott MS

Regarding the Sharks ownership sales, I'm fairly certain that an individual cannot own a share in two teams in the same league at the same time. Most leagues have extensive rules about owning mutliple teams.

Could be just a coincidence.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:16 PM
kihekah19

Quote:

That sounds dreadfully boring.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post

Please don't count me in on that broad statement. While the Oilers (as you stated) have some phenomonal young skill, they can be beaten and the Coyotes are just the type of team to do it.... as are many others.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
That sounds dreadfully boring.
Not really. It sounds like that Slap Shot sequel - was it the 2nd one, with the Harlem globetrotter type team vs. the buffoon team?

Old
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Pierre LeBrun via twitter a short while ago.

Quote:
Re: Coyotes. Thursday is not a deadline for Jamison to close his deal with NHL. It's a deadline to keep current terms of lease agreement...

... With city of Glendale. If Jamison doesn't come up with money to buy team by Thurs deadline, lease terms could change. But ...

It doesn't mean NHL is done with him. It will likely give him more time and see how it all shakes out... I'm not convinced Jamison ...

Will have the money in order by Thursday... But it's certainly possible. Either way, story doesn't end tomorrow. ...

I fear there will be more twists and turns in this story over next several weeks...

Old
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
Disagree Thursday is the deadline; if something isnt worked out soon it will make life terrible. That council will not vote on a dollar going to Jamison. They want their buddies to get a $6 million annual fee to produce car shows.

And please keep all the Oilers talk in the game thread.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Not really. It sounds like that Slap Shot sequel - was it the 2nd one, with the Harlem globetrotter type team vs. the buffoon team?
Alright, I'll conceed..... immensely stupid.

Closed Thread