HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Francois gagnon, I hate him, he always try to look like the smart ass.. and the good guy but he is the first one to stab people in the back... i hate him

Old
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I can almost guarantee you that the media will take it easier on him.However, if he keeps playing like he has, I know I will absolutely not defend him. To me it's the on ice-performance should dictate his pay scale.

I think Desharnais will turn it around though. I liked his quotes this morning where he took all responsibility for his bad play. Good attitude to have.
thats all i do on here is defend habs players.leave dd alone!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Balk
Healthy Scratch

That hate that PK gets is unreal. It seems like it is the trendy thing to do.

I have listened to the media (CBC, TSN and TSN radio) talk about all of his off ice issues yet I have never heard of one thing that he did apart from missing or being late to a team meeting. I thought journalist were supposed to provide facts before they sink to this level of character assassination.

The absolute worst is Tony Marinaro, who seems to embody everything he hates about PK. It is hacks like him who prove that most sports journalists are not held to the same journalistic standards as the majority of reporters. Tony should go work for TMZ with his name dropping and rumour mongering.

As well, why is PK always compared with Evander Kane. When I see this comparison I can't help but want to play the race card.

I would have no issue if PK demanded a trade after the **** that he has to go through.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Francois gagnon, I hate him, he always try to look like the smart ass.. and the good guy but he is the first one to stab people in the back... i hate him
A few days ago, somebody said something that truly describes him well:

He's a weasel

Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

He's a weasel
That's quite accurate in my opinion. Anyone who tries to denigrate our team members, or go on a smear campaign without much basis is definitely a snake, in my mind. Gagnon fits that description perfectly.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
HomaridII

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=653265

Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Well done PK

Old
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
PK is saying all the right things.

Hopefully, he will just do that.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

He's a weasel
Yeah that was me. Can't stand the guy. He's a sensationalist with limited knowledge about the game.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
PK is saying all the right things.

Hopefully, he will just do that.
He's a smart kid, a student of the game and an extremely hard worker. Personally I have no worries whatsoever.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
A lot better that what Gorges and Cole had to say. You'd think the veterans would understand that being hesitant to the media at all is going to cause a swirl of controversy and boneheads like the AC group will take it and run with it.

Of course if his name was PK Subbaine, they'd be crucifying Cole, Gorges and Markov for not jumping for joy about the signing.

These journalists are just using an evolved way to be racist. In such a globalized world I'm just shocked that this type of French-Canadian first mentality is even tolerated.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Habs Junkie

Who saw Gagnon doing triple low five with PJ stock on Antichambre? PJ I understand, but Gagnon is around the team often. I have no respect for that piece of ****

Old
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
yah he's a dumbass...soundfs like he's trying to swallow a timbit while he talks too.....keep posting people we're starting to pull away from the leafs again.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balk View Post
The absolute worst is Tony Marinaro, who seems to embody everything he hates about PK. It is hacks like him who prove that most sports journalists are not held to the same journalistic standards as the majority of reporters. Tony should go work for TMZ with his name dropping and rumour mongering.
That is insulting to the people at TMZ who actually do break a lot of stories. Tony Marinara is just a clown who says ridiculous **** he makes up to keep his dimwit audience in verdump tuned in.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
LOL! are you serious?

That article might as well have a picture of Francois Gagnon patting Desharnais on the back
yesterday on l'antichambre they were all talking about how well gally is playing and how impressed they were
They also spoke about how bad DD has been playing and needs to pick it up

Then PJ playing devils advocate
"what if your favourite player DD continues to play like this and Gally continues to get better, does DD get bumped"

The reaction especially from Gaston was priceless, "calm down he hasnt been playing that well, we cant compare the two, no no lets not get ahead of ourselves"

Completely ********
When a possible reality sank in it hurt them that their little chou chou could possibly lose his spot if he doesnt pick it up

It was amusing

Old
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
That is insulting to the people at TMZ who actually do break a lot of stories. Tony Marinara is just a clown who says ridiculous **** he makes up to keep his dimwit audience in verdump tuned in.
Hey don't diss Verdun man it's a nice little place

Old
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

So PK is not playing tonight. do you guys think he will play on saturday if we win tonight and everyone performs well...i say no.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
So PK is not playing tonight. do you guys think he will play on saturday if we win tonight and everyone performs well...i say no.
I hope so.

I hate the idea that you have to stick to your roster if you win. That's basing it a little of superstition, and I think that's a little too old school for 2013.

Subban is one of the better defenders on the team. You put him, no matter what the outcome of last game was.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Win or lose I think he comes back on Saturday

25% Subban is better than Kaberle

Old
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

As for Gagnon isn't that moron a Sens fan anyways? 1 day everything is going well and the next day he blasts the Habs. He's been this way for years and he can keep talking on L'antichambre cause no one really cares about him

Old
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
yesterday on l'antichambre they were all talking about how well gally is playing and how impressed they were
They also spoke about how bad DD has been playing and needs to pick it up

Then PJ playing devils advocate
"what if your favourite player DD continues to play like this and Gally continues to get better, does DD get bumped"

The reaction especially from Gaston was priceless, "calm down he hasnt been playing that well, we cant compare the two, no no lets not get ahead of ourselves"

Completely ********
When a possible reality sank in it hurt them that their little chou chou could possibly lose his spot if he doesnt pick it up

It was amusing
Haha, saw that! Awkward moment for them, very amusing to see

Old
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

So what's going to happen now, are Kaberle and Boullion going to platoon? I doubt either would be happy in that roll. I think a trade could be a coming...

Old
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Unless Kaberle plays like an all-star I think Subban is in Saturday. even if that was the case he can always sit Bouillon or Diaz if they have an off night. Last resort he could go 11-7 but that would be hard in a week with 4 games in 6 days.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
So what's going to happen now, are Kaberle and Boullion going to platoon? I doubt either would be happy in that roll. I think a trade could be a coming...
Bouillon is not sitting...Kaberle/Weber are going to be the extra D's and the Habs, i'm sure are more than ok with keeping it that way

especially in a condensed calendar, having NHL depth at the dman position is important...it's a luxury, so unless a team blows the Habs away with an offer for either of Weber or Kaberle, I don't expect them to move either one

Although, Weber at some point should be give a chance to go play in another organization...

Old
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Darth Joker

It's a shame there's so much of this silly controversy surrounding Subban, because its distracting from what an awesome deal this is, and how Bergevin has knocked this one right out of the park.

Getting Subban locked up for two years for a cap hit of less than $3 million is just awesome. That'll see the core of our team through the end of the Gionta, Markov, and Kaberle deals. Pleks will then be our 2nd highest paid player at just $5 million a year, and nobody will be making $7 million or more a year. We'll have excellent cap flexibility.

Closed Thread