HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komarov

Old
01-30-2013, 02:41 PM
mrburke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Yea, dime-a-dozen. Like friggin' Colby Armstrong. Komarov was brought in to do what Colby couldn't. He's doing it very well too
For less then half of what we were paying Colby to do

mrburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Surprised the troll got that much of a reaction

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
I know its hard not watching Connolly/Lombardi those awesome N.A players ...
Agreed with the spirit of this statement. Komarov fills the bottom six role much better than these two did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
Player is a dime a dozen , we do not need to scour Europe for this.

No offensive capabilities or history of such. Not sold on his defensive game either (see poor clearing play which led to Buffaloes 2nd Goal ).

Yes he finishes his checks and moves well out there and he has a reputation of being a Rat.

Ryan Hamilton or Carter Ashton could easily play his role at this time , however since he is from Russia you are all fooled that he is "a big find " .

I apologize for calling him terrible - he is an average player at best.
First of all, he was a Leaf draft pick so its not like they made a Gustavsson-esque effort to sign him. This is a classic case of a lower draft pick coming to fruition in a bottom six role.

Which leads me to my next point - he is a bottom sixer. Were you expecting a sniper? He's a third line agitator with some offensive upside but is mostly there for energy, penalty killing, grit and getting under the other team's skin....most of which I'd say he's be quite effective at thus far. This is something I was expecting and I don't think I'm alone...wasn't expecting a superstar just a solid player (who is fun to watch). I also think he has another gear he hasn't shown yet in the NHL.

I like Ashton and Hamilton but Komarov is a step ahead of them at this point IMO.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
The Missing Piece
What's Left?

Does anyone else feel that 'Penalties Drawn' should be an NHL stat? Hell I'd argue it is more important than PIM.

Offsetting penalties wouldn't count towards the stat I would think.

The Missing Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
HappyGilmourr

I wish the leafs went with a solid 4th line that can play instead of goons that play 2-3 minutes a night then sit on the bench. A guy like Komarov would be a lot more valuable on the 4th line. A 4th line of Komarov - Mclement - Brown would be great. I always said Sjostrom would be a great 4th liner for us he would look good with Mclement and Komarov... he provides a lot more to the team than Orr or Brown (debatable)

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

I sure don't know this Komorov fellow but that Komarov fellow seems like a great addition to this young leafs team.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote