HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly to Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  #26
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Sbisa looks alot better on the left side the last few games, also he's signed to a very good contract

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
  #27
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Etem isn't going anywhere.


I like how you're not supplying any context here.

What is the ice time of the players above him?

!9:28, 19:38, and 19:55. Fowler and Beauch are the only 22 minute guys. Sbisa isn't a top pairing defenseman. If he was, we wouldn't be adding to him for a 2C.

We are rolling our lines pretty equally this year.
You want me to provide ice time for all those players for the past 3 seasons? Why?

You seem to be missing my point. I never said he couldn't play well with more ice time, I just said that he hasn't had that kind of ice time up to this point, so he's less proven if you will. That don't mean he can't get there, d-men take longer to develop as most people know, however that doesn't mean he will either.

O'reilly led the NHL in takeaways last season, was our leading scorer (55 points) and led all our forwards in ice time last season. How is this a 'fair trade' exactly?

O'Reilly did these things at age 21. Not bad for a "2C" as you put it.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
  #28
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Well if O'Reilly is as good, as the demands Avs fans have for him, then the Avs should probably get him signed

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
  #29
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
You want me to provide ice time for all those players for the past 3 seasons? Why?

You seem to be missing my point. I never said he couldn't play well with more ice time, I just said that he hasn't had that kind of ice time up to this point, so he's less proven if you will. That don't mean he can't get there, d-men take longer to develop as most people know, however that doesn't mean he will either.

O'reilly led the NHL in takeaways last season, was our leading scorer (55 points) and led all our forwards in ice time last season. How is this a 'fair trade' exactly?

O'Reilly did these things at age 21. Not bad for a "2C" as you put it.
You're cherry picking the years he was developing in, and ignoring where he fits in right this moment. No one here is claiming that Sbisa is going to develop into a number one. There's a reason why we're adding one of our best forward prospects to the deal. Sbisa probably tops out as a 2/3 d-man.

55 points are good second line center numbers. Why is it that you expect us to pay you off for what I'm assuming is the potential he hasn't hit, yet, but are more than happy to ignore the potential of the two players we're offering you? Sbisa isn't a finished product, nor is Holland.

Maybe this offer isn't what you're looking for. That's fine, but don't even think for a moment that you're getting lowballed. We are offering you a hell of a lot more certainty than what Boston got when they traded for Kessel, for the same value that Toronto thought they were paying.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
  #30
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
DSP + Etem for O'Reilly and top 5 Av prospect.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:02 PM
  #31
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
DSP + Etem for O'Reilly and top 5 Av prospect.
Etem isn't for sale.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:02 PM
  #32
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
DSP + Etem for O'Reilly and top 5 Av prospect.
I think etem may be one of the most untouchable players on the ducks.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
  #33
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Etem isn't for sale.
No prospect should be untouchable, especially when you're getting a proven, Selke-caliber 21 yr old center who led his team in scoring.

What about Palmieri instead of Etem?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
  #34
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
No prospect should be untouchable, especially when you're getting a proven, Selke-caliber 21 yr old center who led his team in scoring.

What about Palmieri instead of Etem?
Palmieri is more reasonable.

If you had the best prospect out of NYC, the Rangers wouldn't treat him like any other prospect. Jesus, just look at how your management guarded Kreider in the Nash trade, and he wasn't even a local.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
  #35
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
No prospect should be untouchable, especially when you're getting a proven, Selke-caliber 21 yr old center who led his team in scoring.

What about Palmieri instead of Etem?
Etem's value to ANA extends far beyond the ice.
he is not available

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  #36
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
No prospect should be untouchable, especially when you're getting a proven, Selke-caliber 21 yr old center who led his team in scoring.

What about Palmieri instead of Etem?
Its becuase he is from long beach, hes potentially very marketable and could be a big part of making hockey even bigger in california. Hes more valuable to us then hed be to any other team.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
  #37
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Palmieri is more reasonable.

If you had the best prospect out of NYC, the Rangers wouldn't treat him like any other prospect. Jesus, just look at how your management guarded Kreider in the Nash trade, and he wasn't even a local.
lol if the Rangers had Palmieri, there would be a mural of him outside MSG this moment.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
  #38
Pie Man
A-Pie
 
Pie Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Im the guy next door
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
What about Fowler for OReilly?

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
  #39
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
What about Fowler for OReilly?
Not happening. We aren't moving our number one defenseman to fix the second line.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
  #40
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
What about Fowler for OReilly?
Yeah I don't see Anaheim trading their no.1 defensemen who is signed to a real good contract, for a guy demanding the $$ O'Reilly is......

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
  #41
Freudian
Deja vu again?
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 31,354
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Well if O'Reilly is as good, as the demands Avs fans have for him, then the Avs should probably get him signed
I don't think you'll find many Avs fans that doesn't want to get him signed with Avs.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
  #42
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
What about Fowler for OReilly?
not a chance

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:18 PM
  #43
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
DSP + Etem for O'Reilly and top 5 Av prospect.
There's no way your pulling Etem for ROR. Theres just to much money to be made for this kid marketing wise to fan. We're trying to sell hockey here in SoCal and Etem would only help. Choose another prospect if we're gonna make a deal or gauge value.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
  #44
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
I would LOVE to do,

Sbisa
Palmieri

Some Ducks fan have said they would probably pass. Definitely would have to add to ROR, if those players are coming back.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
  #45
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
There's no way your pulling Etem for ROR. Choose another prospect if we're gonna make a deal or gauge value.
You're crazy if you think Bob Murray doesn't accept that deal

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
  #46
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
You're crazy if you think Bob Murray doesn't accept that deal
The owner wouldn't sign off so it wouldn't matter

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
  #47
NEWFowler
hi
 
NEWFowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
As far as I'm concerned, Etem, Palmieri and Rakell are all off limits. Holland is expendable if we're acquiring RoR

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  #48
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
You're crazy if you think Bob Murray doesn't accept that deal
The deal previous with Sbisa included and Etem? Hell no why would he? We're trading for RFA rights for damns sake. Is this assuming he signs? Or what? Even if he did I still wouldn't do a Sbisa + Etem trade. He's to valuable for our organization.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  #49
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You're cherry picking the years he was developing in, and ignoring where he fits in right this moment. No one here is claiming that Sbisa is going to develop into a number one. There's a reason why we're adding one of our best forward prospects to the deal. Sbisa probably tops out as a 2/3 d-man.

55 points are good second line center numbers. Why is it that you expect us to pay you off for what I'm assuming is the potential he hasn't hit, yet, but are more than happy to ignore the potential of the two players we're offering you? Sbisa isn't a finished product, nor is Holland.

Maybe this offer isn't what you're looking for. That's fine, but don't even think for a moment that you're getting lowballed. We are offering you a hell of a lot more certainty than what Boston got when they traded for Kessel, for the same value that Toronto thought they were paying.
Again, according to you but there's really nothing that suggests that he will actually reach that potential.

This is the same situation as if we're offering Jamie McGinn + Tyson Barrie for Cam Fowler and then I come up with arguments as to how Barrie might even be better than Fowler in 3-4 years. Ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with ignoring potential but rather getting more of a known quantity in return for RoR.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
  #50
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Again, according to you but there's really nothing that suggests that he will actually reach that potential.

This is the same situation as if we're offering Jamie McGinn + Tyson Barrie for Cam Fowler and then I come up with arguments as to how Barrie might even be better than Fowler in 3-4 years. Ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with ignoring potential but rather getting more of a known quantity in return for RoR.
Sbisa already is a top 4 defensemen and unlike O'Reilly, is signed, and signed to a good contract by the way

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.