HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Neckbeards 3, Adonises 0: Cody McLeod falls face-first into an incline press

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
theripper

vCash: 500
Schneider #1? LOL I think canucks are second guessing themselves. Schneider has been aweful so far,and Canucks badly need Luongo to win games. AV is done pandering to the fanbase,and is doing what he needs to do to win.

Expect a shutout tonight and Luongo starting against Chicago...and most of the rest of the games.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
To defend myself it was more a healthy critique of what the team should have been doing. I was wrong. Nothing awkward about being wrong, it's not the first time I've been and won't be the last. Too many people don't see that.
I think you are wrong rev...*wink* a lot of people are right even when they are perceived wrong or wrong when perceived right. Right or wrong , we have a right to be so...

Old
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Oh god...the sky is falling.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I think AV sat down and planned out a schedule for his goaltenders to start the season and is following it regardless of results. We may as well use Luongo while we have him because if/when he goes, Schneider's going to play until his legs fall off.
Not that it's a big deal but I think this is deviation from the plan. If the plan was to play Cory against the Hawks you would have though Lu would have gone against SJ and Colorado tonight and Cory would have gotten the LA start.

but then again, after the tight schedule we kind of get a couple breathers inbetween and I imagine Cory will (or would have) gotten most if not all of those for a while.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattytattat View Post
I think you are wrong rev...*wink* a lot of people are right even when they are perceived wrong or wrong when perceived right. Right or wrong , we have a right to be so...
The beauty of the internet is argument. As long as it is civilized.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
OT - there was something I saw on Facebook recently about "describe a piece of technology from today to someone in the year 1955". And it was something to the effect of "I have in my pocket a device that acts as a portal to all the information in the universe...but I use it to look at cats and argue with strangers".

There's a multitude of reasons why it makes sense to start Luongo or Schneider in this game. That won't stop a lot of people from analyzing the holy heck out of this decision, though.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
Schneider #1? LOL I think canucks are second guessing themselves. Schneider has been aweful so far,and Canucks badly need Luongo to win games. AV is done pandering to the fanbase,and is doing what he needs to do to win.

Expect a shutout tonight and Luongo starting against Chicago...and most of the rest of the games.
I'll bite, is there supposed to be a sarcasmily?

Old
01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:

Ok, if Luongo doesn't get a shutout then.....

Old
01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
vanwest

Quote:

I doubt the Canucks are second guessing themselves. Schneider has played three games and we have seen with Luongo in the past how sometimes a goalie takes a while to get going in a season. I think riding the hot hand is a good strategy.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Showcase Luongo!

Old
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Civil is the key....not even the same hemisphere as much fun ...but hey civil is good..lol

Old
01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:

Didnt you say because schneider was starting friday he was going to get blown out by the ducks 7-2, and we were going to loose?

Theory on twitter seems to be they dont want roberto starting against the hawks, and they are trying to cody hodgson his stats in certain games.

I am very surprised though and am wrong, i figured cory would get back to back starts, then roberto the game after.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
OT - there was something I saw on Facebook recently about "describe a piece of technology from today to someone in the year 1955". And it was something to the effect of "I have in my pocket a device that acts as a portal to all the information in the universe...but I use it to look at cats and argue with strangers".

There's a multitude of reasons why it makes sense to start Luongo or Schneider in this game. That won't stop a lot of people from analyzing the holy heck out of this decision, though.
Like with Luongo's start vs Edmonton, if AV would have come out and said it was already pre-determined that Luongo was getting this start I don't think you would have gotten much speculation. Perhaps people would be second guessing the decision and not agreeing with it, but I doubt there would be people looking too much into it. Instead AV has said it's an internal thing and he'll leave it at that. And something along the lines of this is what he just decided when he flew back. Doesn't sound like he's sticking to the pre-determined schedule.

01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Like with Luongo's start vs Edmonton, if AV would have come out and said it was already pre-determined that Luongo was getting this start I don't think you would have gotten much speculation. Perhaps people would be second guessing the decision and not agreeing with it, but I doubt there would be people looking too much into it. Instead AV has said it's an internal thing and he'll leave it at that. And something along the lines of this is what he just decided when he flew back. Doesn't sound like he's sticking to the pre-determined schedule.
This is a good point, and why av simplistic view of the goalie situation is disturbing, hes not considering any after effects of his choices.

He claimed its not performance related his choice to use roberto, he just simply decided to use him Tuesday.

He is not doing the situation any favors. I almost think he likes the controversy, he chuckles when asked, and always makes it a somewhat dramatic up in the air decision to fuel speculation.

Then again coupled with canucks media, none of this helps, blake price just cant help himself stirring things up.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
VanEric

The situation is fine. The players probably sit around and laugh at the media and fans.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Kip96

I'm happy and surprised Lou is getting the start

Happy because I'm a Luongo fan

Surprised because Schneider's stats against Colorado are insane

Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
Apples and oranges. Look at our depth...do you not see glaring holes littered throughout our group of forwards?

This is not a roster equipped to move very far in the playoffs, regardless of what blind optimistic Canucks fans think. You deal from a position of strength, but right now, no one has any freaking idea who the No. 1 is, who will be traded, whether the organization has changed their mind with Cory, whether AV sees Luongo as the starter still...?
Not really, all those teams have deficiencies and strengths.

I like ours better.

I still think this bodes well for us, on the outside looking in it may look like mayhem, but to me it's just another wrinkle.

I think you're too worked up about this, for no reason really.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
The situation is fine. The players probably sit around and laugh at the media and fans.
I have no doubt you are right. OMG, AV didn't tell the media earlier!

Old
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
schnieds better play all the games
Why?

What does it matter, if we're getting results. I hope Lu posts a shutout tonight, just so we'll see more 'freaking out' around here.

It's pretty entertaining.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Why?

What does it matter, if we're getting results. I hope Lu posts a shutout tonight, just so we'll see more 'freaking out' around here.

It's pretty entertaining.
I hope he doesn't let in another late 3rd period goal.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Yes, just now the goalie controversy has started.
And people around here think the controversy will just go away after a trade?

Where have you been the last 25 years.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Thats why boyle who is friends with roberto said hes glad hes not in our locker room?

Just saying neither of us has any idea.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
This is a good point, and why av simplistic view of the goalie situation is disturbing, hes not considering any after effects of his choices.

He claimed its not performance related his choice to use roberto, he just simply decided to use him Tuesday.

He is not doing the situation any favors. I almost think he likes the controversy, he chuckles when asked, and always makes it a somewhat dramatic up in the air decision to fuel speculation.

Then again coupled with canucks media, none of this helps, blake price just cant help himself stirring things up.
I think AV just likes trolling Vancouver media, knowing how they'd make the smallest thing into a huge deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I think AV just likes trolling Vancouver media, knowing how they'd make the smallest thing into a huge deal.
I hope so, I just dont know if the best approach, its spreading to tsn and sportsnet, i hear james duthie frequently bringing it up as well as sportsnet, tsn pre game someone on there found it odd they were not using there number 1 against the defending cup champions. No doubt this will be dissected by more then just canucks media.

Don taylor already seems to find it odd, so it will probably be on sportsnet...

Old
01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Ozone
Stache-in-Rink

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The 'internal' decision does seem a bit peculiar, yet I wouldn't rule out this being pre-determined. The case could be made that Roberto needs to continue to show he is mid season form to other GM's to alleviate concerns as to his usual slow starts, but I believe Cory was always pre-determined to play the Blackhawks game for obvious reasons.

Closed Thread