Notices

Johnny Boychuk is a Beast

Old
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
flannelman
They're,Their,There

vCash: 920
Manchuk

Johnny is best when he is hitting, confidently shooting the puck and playing within himself; to me that's when he's Manchuk and not Boychuk.

I'm still critical of his skating, but I think he makes up for it with other pieces of his game. To me, he's best suited for that #4 role but his play can be elevated when he plays with better line-mates. I don't always trust his decision making, but he's a solid player.

flannelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
Boychuk is a beast. with the way Hamilton is playing right now there is literally nothing to complain about with this teams defense. it is a perfect group imo. they got size, they got toughness, they're all good defensively and Hamilton has been adding some offense.

i think Boychuk gets too much flak from some posters on here. he is a top 4 defensemen, he makes some mistakes like any other second pairing d-man but he really is a good player. he lays some absolutely punishing hits too and he's the only one on the defense that consistently lays big hits. we would certainly miss him if he wasn't on this team

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:38 PM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Regardless of what McGuire and Co. said about him, he did have a bad game against the Rangers. Most of the times he got spanked were due to him playing the wrong side however.

He's looked rusty imo.
We will have to agree to disagree. I'm going to go with the experts, PM and Eddie O on this one, Boychuk is bringing it.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:59 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I've been saying this for awhile about him:

What I love about Boychuk is that he's unafraid to target star players for big hits, especially in the playoffs. Vanek, Gagne, Stamkos, Coburn, Kesler, Ellis, and Raymond have all been knocked flat by Boychuk and most of them resulted in injury.

Lucic and Chara get most of the attention in the playoffs as guys to look for in terms of body contact, but honestly the guy I'm paying the most attention to is Boychuk just because his train track hits usually has an opposing star player attached to the railroad.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Johnny is best when he is hitting, confidently shooting the puck and playing within himself; to me that's when he's Manchuk and not Boychuk.

I'm still critical of his skating, but I think he makes up for it with other pieces of his game. To me, he's best suited for that #4 role but his play can be elevated when he plays with better line-mates. I don't always trust his decision making, but he's a solid player.
Yes,his skating is not particularly good,he doesn't have good balance which limits his effectiveness.I like everything else about his game,he compensates for his lack of ability with competitiveness and desire but sometimes I think he would be better suited to recognize his limits and play a more controlled game.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
beaverjc

To my naked eye I swear Boychuk has a harder shot than Chara.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
To my naked eye I swear Boychuk has a harder shot than Chara.
I wouldn't say it's harder, but during a game there is probably little difference. They both can bring it at 100 mph+.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote