HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
01-29-2013, 12:04 AM
hurricane11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
The whole Rideau division will be tight, as the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd seed will come out beat up.. Athens has a very good squad also so its to tough to say for me.. Renfrew just got back some good players so they will be good also come playoffs if those guys can stay healthy
Home ice advantage in the Rideau Division will be key all teams play well in their own rink. Obviously the 2 - 3 Matchup could take its toll on the teams. I see Athens as the weakest of the 3 but still capable of winning.
In the StL i cant see anyone beating Casselman in a 7 game series.

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:13 AM
KL14

Valley Division

If Riopelle and Anderson stay healthy, Renfrew will be the team coming out of the Valley, with both of them back in the line up, Renfrew has won all three games defeating Arnprior (albiet a depleted roster) badly out playing Perth and beating them in OT and beating a very good Metcalfe team that has given most Valley teams all kinds of problems. But I need to agree, it is going to be hard to beat OJC.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:25 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
...on the injured Metcalfe player last night....I could not see the hit from my sight line...but the Renfrew player received a major and a game...not sure if more games coming or not.

Good point about goal tending. From Renfrew's perspective, by far Gagnon's best performance of the season
Cracked ribs

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:50 AM
grace

will the Royals win another game this year? only playing 2 lines and Barnes out .

grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Flyers

Quote:
If Riopelle and Anderson stay healthy, Renfrew will be the team coming out of the Valley, with both of them back in the line up, Renfrew has won all three games defeating Arnprior (albiet a depleted roster) badly out playing Perth and beating them in OT and beating a very good Metcalfe team that has given most Valley teams all kinds of problems. But I need to agree, it is going to be hard to beat OJC.
you must have a son on the team... all you do is talk about how good Renfrew is... sorry to say but there not that good. i went to the game on friday night as well, Perth didnt play well but i wouldnt say they badly out played them at all. Renfrew scored with 4 minutes left to tie the game, and it was an awful OT goal that the Perth goalie should of had.

Flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 06:38 PM
JESTERMAN

If the Royals keep throwing out two lines they will be cooked for the playoffs if they even get that far. With the rookies hardly playing the vets just don't have enough stamina to win the third period and the losses just keep coming.

JESTERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERMAN View Post
If the Royals keep throwing out two lines they will be cooked for the playoffs if they even get that far. With the rookies hardly playing the vets just don't have enough stamina to win the third period and the losses just keep coming.
OMG it just gets better for the Royals. Ownership has released the Coaching staff yet again. Yes - if you do not play his son on power play and go down to 2 lines so his son can get more ice, you are gone. I feel sorry for all the young players who have more talent and pay to play on this team. Yes pay alot of money to sit and watch a player who IMHO would not make any other teams 4th line. Well the madness is almost over, this is his son's last year so I am assuming he will sell the team OR is it possible he may make his son the coach next year??

Old
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
ourgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Home ice advantage in the Rideau Division will be key all teams play well in their own rink. Obviously the 2 - 3 Matchup could take its toll on the teams. I see Athens as the weakest of the 3 but still capable of winning.
In the StL i cant see anyone beating Casselman in a 7 game series.
Casselman will have to wait to see who they meet in the first round of the play-offs as Alexandria is chasing down Winchester and Akwesasne.
Agree home ice in the Rideau Division will play a vital roll in who wins the Division. All three of the top teams play one another to decide who will finish first.

On a side note, league awards could look like this:

St. Lawrence Division

Most valuable Player Joel Adam
Rookie of the Year Ross Craig ,Jonathan Cyr
Best Defenseman Aaron Dickenson
Sportsmanship and Ability Tyler Filion
Scoring Champion Sam McLaughlin

Rideau Division

Most valuable Player Wyatt Cota
Rookie of the Year Connor Merkley
Best Defenseman Danny Hincks
Sportsmanship and Ability Daniel Lacroix
Scoring Champion Wyatt Cota

ourgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:10 AM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
you must have a son on the team... all you do is talk about how good Renfrew is... sorry to say but there not that good. i went to the game on friday night as well, Perth didnt play well but i wouldnt say they badly out played them at all. Renfrew scored with 4 minutes left to tie the game, and it was an awful OT goal that the Perth goalie should of had.
Seeing that Casselman and OJC are favourites to come out of there divisions i could see Athens finishing first and meeting a beaten up Westport team in the final of the Rideau division which Athens would take as they have great offensive skill in Lacroix, Hiley and Cameron (who seems to be hurt right now). Athens has had their way with Westport the last three years in the Rideau final and i think that will continue this year aswell.

For the Valley division Perth will more then likely face Stittsville where the ship seems to be sinking, the coaches have been fired and they are only running a short bench which has been talked about on here. With the depth Perth has now that they have Pearson, Clancy is back and deadline acquistions Rutley and Sinclair on defense who adds a physical force to go with their top scorers they already had. They would meet either Arnprior or Renfrew who they can beat with their new additions and there very good home record.

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Seeing that Casselman and OJC are favourites to come out of there divisions i could see Athens finishing first and meeting a beaten up Westport team in the final of the Rideau division which Athens would take as they have great offensive skill in Lacroix, Hiley and Cameron (who seems to be hurt right now). Athens has had their way with Westport the last three years in the Rideau final and i think that will continue this year aswell.

For the Valley division Perth will more then likely face Stittsville where the ship seems to be sinking, the coaches have been fired and they are only running a short bench which has been talked about on here. With the depth Perth has now that they have Pearson, Clancy is back and deadline acquistions Rutley and Sinclair on defense who adds a physical force to go with their top scorers they already had. They would meet either Arnprior or Renfrew who they can beat with their new additions and there very good home record.
Who is coaching in Stittsville now?

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourgame View Post
Casselman will have to wait to see who they meet in the first round of the play-offs as Alexandria is chasing down Winchester and Akwesasne.
Agree home ice in the Rideau Division will play a vital roll in who wins the Division. All three of the top teams play one another to decide who will finish first.

St. Lawrence Division

Rideau Division

I agree with most of your picks Craig will get STL Rookie for sure extremely smart player. The league should almost rename the STL D man after Dickenson one of the best in league history. In the Rideau i agree with all but Hincks. Jackson Bruce-Fuoco of Brockville is the best d-man in the Rideau. When do these awards get announced?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
hurricane11

Quote:

1st place in Rideau is huge as the 2-3 matchup will take its toll on the survivor. However i can't see Athens coming out of the Rideau this year. Extremely talented up front but from what I've seen of them their D is slow and soft. My opinion Westport is the deepest team 4 solid lines and physical D and good goaltending.

Unless they run into a hot goalie Casselman will win the STL i think Winchester will give them fits but won't be able to overcome their depth. I could see the Wolves taking out Char- Lan

Despite all the turmoil this season i like the Packers to win the Valley. All 4 teams from the Metro are talented but i think Gatineau will win it.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
JESTERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Who is coaching in Stittsville now?
Word is that there will be a new coach (s) for this Fridays game against Perth. Wish them well. What a situation to be thrown into.

JESTERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Matrix20027

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourgame View Post

St. Lawrence Division

Rideau Division

Here is how I see it

Most valuable Player Aaron Dickenson
Rookie of the Year Jonathan Cyr
Sportsmanship and Ability Bradley Gabbour

Rideau Division

Best Defenseman Jay Waller

Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:11 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I agree with most of your picks Craig will get STL Rookie for sure extremely smart player. The league should almost rename the STL D man after Dickenson one of the best in league history. In the Rideau i agree with all but Hincks. Jackson Bruce-Fuoco of Brockville is the best d-man in the Rideau. When do these awards get announced?
To me the best dman in the rideau would be Taylor Kyle from Gan but since Hinks is the over ager and a very good dman he might get it. All the awards have been decided between owners and gms about a week and a half ago and teams have told there players about them but wont be made public until the regular season is over or even after the playoffs

Old
01-30-2013, 11:14 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
Here is how I see it

Most valuable Player Aaron Dickenson
Rookie of the Year Jonathan Cyr
Sportsmanship and Ability Bradley Gabbour

Rideau Division

Best Defenseman Jay Waller
Agree with most of these picks, toss up between Cyr and Craig for me and i see Hinks or Kyle winner best dman in the rideau

Old
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
To me the best dman in the rideau would be Taylor Kyle from Gan but since Hinks is the over ager and a very good dman he might get it. All the awards have been decided between owners and gms about a week and a half ago and teams have told there players about them but wont be made public until the regular season is over or even after the playoffs
RSL has not voted on their awards as of yet

Metro/Valley may be done as they do the awards at the same time when they are putting the rosters together for the all star and prospect games.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:43 AM
PG

Metcalfe 5 Ottawa West 3

Dream flickering but still alive in Metcalfe as they tripped up OW last night....five points out of a playoff spot with two games in hand....big test tonight vs Clarence who has won their last three games against the Jets by one goal each time

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
clear the track

Big game in the Metro

Big game tonight in Buckingham. 1 and 2 OJC vs Gatineau. Last time they met it was a tight win for OJC. Game was very fast paced with lots of physical play. Hopefully tonight will be more of the same. With only 5 or 6 games left a win by OJC could seal first place. The two teams meet again next Friday.

clear the track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
Big game tonight in Buckingham. 1 and 2 OJC vs Gatineau. Last time they met it was a tight win for OJC. Game was very fast paced with lots of physical play. Hopefully tonight will be more of the same. With only 5 or 6 games left a win by OJC could seal first place. The two teams meet again next Friday.
OJC by 2 tonight ? will the Jets move on 2 games in hand play OW again and Royals 2 times.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:34 AM
KL14

Renfrew wins again

Another win for Renfrew, shutting out Almonte, who had been coming on as of late. Arnprior and Stittsville should be thanking Renfrew. Arnprior should be happy that they are done with Shawville for the season. Big game for Arnprior on Sunday against Stittsville. Both teams seem to be headed in the same direction right now, but I think Stittsville has the tougher schedule down the stretch.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Metro Valley Prospects game coming up on February 9th....any buzz in Stittsville, around the conference?.....Thoughts about the game, format, value?
Team List
https://d2xcq4qphg1ge9.cloudfront.ne...me_Program.pdf

Metro has the older team harder division to crack team for younger players.
Shows why they are the strongest division in the league.

PK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
KL14

Metro vs Valley

I think the explanation is that the Valley teams are willing to develop 16 year olds where the Metro teams don't....it has nothing to do with tougher line ups to crack...just a different approach to PD. On the other hand, I think OJS and OWK play an important role in providing kids that are going to college and university in Ottawa as place to play JR B.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
I think the explanation is that the Valley teams are willing to develop 16 year olds where the Metro teams don't....it has nothing to do with tougher line ups to crack...just a different approach to PD. On the other hand, I think OJS and OWK play an important role in providing kids that are going to college and university in Ottawa as place to play JR B.
I agree...OJC attract Ottawa U and Carleton students where as OTW attracts Algonquin and Carleton students in terms of proximity. They are also very active in their recruiting. As are all the top teams.

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:32 AM
ourgame

Where ther is smoke, there must be fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
Hearing some rumours about an eojhl 'super league' which would seek to eliminate some jr b teams. Is this why they have 2 separate websites now. Are metro/valley teams behind it ?
Rumours I am hearing, would be a 12-14 league, eliminating 8-10 teams. Teams mentioned as not on the league wish list, Gatineau, Shawville, Gananoque (because they are not in the ODHA), South Grenville, Brockville, Morrisburg, Akwesasne.
That would still leave 15 teams, so who else is not getting an invite to this 'super league'?

ourgame is offline   Reply With Quote