HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Loktionov (LAK) officially asked to be traded

Old
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

vCash: 500
Holzer + 5th for Lokti + 7th

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
Pens offer Ben Lovejoy. PGH needs all of the offensive prospects it can get with its surplus of d around. If dude can convert to wing all the better.
Hes been tried and failed on the wing sorry. As far as lovejoy id be ok with it but not saying my fellow kings would,

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
Pens offer Ben Lovejoy. PGH needs all of the offensive prospects it can get with its surplus of d around. If dude can convert to wing all the better.
Terry Murray tried playing him on wing just to keep him in the lineup....FAILED

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Hemsky, Danis, Teubert, 2nd 2013(Ana)

Loktionov, Penner and Bernier

L.A has always been high on Hemsky but for whatever reason a deal has never worked out. Not saying this is solid but Penner doesn't have much value anymore and Lok wants out.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
WANT WANT WANT him in NJ.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

L.A has always been high on Hemsky but for whatever reason a deal has never worked out. Not saying this is solid but Penner doesn't have much value anymore and Lok wants out.
Hemskys one more year at 5mio$ is a NO GO. And Danis and Teubert wouldn't make the Kings lineup so no use for them either...

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Hemsky to the kings wouldnt work due to the fact hes signed to a contract that pays him to much money. Hes also to injury prone. Next don't really want tuebert back and your serverly under estimating bernier No way do la trade him within conference for nothing less then a over payment.

Counter offer mps omark 2nd for penner and lokti

Old
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
WANT WANT WANT him in NJ.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lombardi granted Loktionov his NHL wish and traded him to his buddy Lou for a low pick to be honest.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Hemskys one more year at 5mio$ is a NO GO. And Danis and Teubert wouldn't make the Kings lineup so no use for them either...
I thin if Bernier was trade Danis would. Plus the oilers could keep some of Hemsky's cap hit.
I think the Oilers are fairly comfortable with Dubynk for now.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Lombardi granted Loktionov his NHL wish and traded him to his buddy Lou for a low pick to be honest.
That would be stupid.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Flames rebuilder

What are the King's need's/wants?

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I thin if Bernier was trade Danis would. Plus the oilers could keep some of Hemsky's cap hit.
I think the Oilers are fairly comfortable with Dubynk for now.
If Bernier was to be traded, Martin Jones would be the call-up. He's good enough to be a decent backup to Quick. Else the Kings would just acquire a veteran goaltender...

Old
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
That would be stupid.
Maybe, but it would not be without precedent. Just look at how the kings used assets like Moulson and Boyle.
Although I think Boyle maybe got back a 3rd which isn't too bad

Old
01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
the kings need a young goal scoring top 6 winger perfer lw. Also need /want a 1st round pick A defenseman that can play defensive mins would also be helpful perferable young so he can grow with team.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
I'm not even sure.. I still think Dean wants a veteran defenseman. Greene is going to be out probably all season and Willie Mitchell doesn't have a time table right now. Even though Muzzin and Drewiske are playing well right now.. I think a time will come when Dean wants to get more experience on the back end. A stay at home vet with toughness sounds like something he's probably interested.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
That would be stupid.
Waiving Hickey was sort of stupid to but if you look at the whole picture it's also a reward for players like Hickey (and possibly Loktionov) to get a fair chance somewhere else. They paid their dues in the Kings organization and were good character kids that did what they were asked for long time.

Plus with Vey, Toffoli, Andreoff, Pearson, Shore, Mersch there is still quite some NHL forward potential in the prospect pool.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Waiving Hickey was sort of stupid to but if you look at the whole picture it's also a reward for players like Hickey (and possibly Loktionov) to get a fair chance somwhere else. They paid their dues in the Kings organization and were good character kids that did what they were asked for long time.

Plus with Vey, Toffoli, Andreoff, Pearson, Shore, Mersch there is still quite some NHL forward potential in the prospect pool.
There is a difference between giving a player a fair chance than trading him at a lower price because youre good friends with the gm.

If it's the best Dean can get, then sure... get it done. I don't expect much when trading him anyways.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
EDM would eat part of Hemsky's cap. And Dubnyk stole the starter role from Bernier at the Spengler cup. He is a great young Goalie but I don't think he has the value that Varlamov had.

Lombardi would be glad to get rid of Penner, and Lok played with Hall on the spitfires.

Despite the Ryan Smyth fiasco I still think these teams make great trading partners.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

I'd offer Spencer Machacek + CHI 2nd/CHI 3rd from WPG for Loktionov. Winnipeg does want to get bigger up the middle, but Loktionov has the talent and drive. Meanwhile Machacek is a player that WPG does not appreciate, but would fit great in LA (plays an LA style game), loves to grind, hit, good shot, fights some, be a great fit in LA next year with Gagne, Penner, and Richardson all likely moving on.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
EDM would eat part of Hemsky's cap. And Dubnyk stole the starter role from Bernier at the Spengler cup. He is a great young Goalie but I don't think he has the value that Varlamov had.

Lombardi would be glad to get rid of Penner, and Lok played with Hall on the spitfires.

Despite the Ryan Smyth fiasco I still think these teams make great trading partners.
Would EDM agree to be on the hook for half of next years Hemskys CAP?
I don't think Penner's going anywhere this season. After terrific first game and a really bad defensive second game he will still get his playing chances. No need to trade him as he is a UFA after this season and we have plenty of cap space left this year...

Old
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

This is where we disagree I think theres still bad feelings between them making them untrusting of each other.I really dont think dubnyk stole that number one goalie as it was him given his turn to play ( in most cases goalies split the frist two games ) and just kept it by winning.

I honestly don't see the get rid of with penner Yes he struggled but his attiude is far from a team player. He tweeted today hes like a dog in a car just waiting to get out. which is the right sorta attidue for me. Right now la has 6 lws and sutter seems to be going with the whos playing well theory There is a report he skated today on the right side which to me means nolon or lewis will sit out next game.

The lokti front i can see him traded for msp straight up

Old
01-30-2013, 06:02 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Holzer + 5th for Lokti + 7th
No. Holzer is NHL ready and one of Toronto's only stay at home type defenceman. As soon as the logjam on the Leafs blueline gets sorted out, he will be a mainstay. We don't need anymore small 3rd line centerman - not right now.

I'm also curious to know why Toronto gives the better pick? I'm assuming you're a Leafs fan - can you explain why your evaluation of Holzer is so low?

thinkinfeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I'd offer Spencer Machacek + CHI 2nd/CHI 3rd from WPG for Loktionov. Winnipeg does want to get bigger up the middle, but Loktionov has the talent and drive. Meanwhile Machacek is a player that WPG does not appreciate, but would fit great in LA (plays an LA style game), loves to grind, hit, good shot, fights some, be a great fit in LA next year with Gagne, Penner, and Richardson all likely moving on.
I would consider this if it was the 2nd. La draft well in the 2nd round and Machacek does have the upside i think the kings could use.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:05 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I could see some Flames Fans saying that. I guess I don't hold Romo as high as those.
I think Calgary should plan for life without kipper, and this would lend itself to that.

If no deal is to be had, than no deal is to be had.
Calgary has some very good goalie prospects though.

WinterEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
This is where we disagree I think theres still bad feelings between them making them untrusting of each other.I really dont think dubnyk stole that number one goalie as it was him given his turn to play ( in most cases goalies split the frist two games ) and just kept it by winning.

I honestly don't see the get rid of with penner Yes he struggled but his attiude is far from a team player. He tweeted today hes like a dog in a car just waiting to get out. which is the right sorta attidue for me. Right now la has 6 lws and sutter seems to be going with the whos playing well theory There is a report he skated today on the right side which to me means nolon or lewis will sit out next game.

The lokti front i can see him traded for msp straight up
I think Dubynk did better at showcasing himself than. Is that a fair statement?