HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
I just watched his interview. I swear he must say team or teammates about 110 times in 8 minutes.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
It's a shame there's so much of this silly controversy surrounding Subban, because its distracting from what an awesome deal this is, and how Bergevin has knocked this one right out of the park.

Getting Subban locked up for two years for a cap hit of less than $3 million is just awesome. That'll see the core of our team through the end of the Gionta, Markov, and Kaberle deals. Pleks will then be our 2nd highest paid player at just $5 million a year, and nobody will be making $7 million or more a year. We'll have excellent cap flexibility.
14-15 MB has a ton of cap space though a lot of good players to sign, might be good to sign a pile of guys to extensions this summer as contract numbers should be lower. Guys like Subban Gionta Eller Markov Emelin Diaz.

With Subban signed we should have about 12.5 mil to 14+ mil of cap room once Kaberle is traded/bought out. Out of that, Bouillon(1.2 mil) Weber(600-700k) Armstrong(600-1 mil) DD(2.5-4 mil) Budaj(1 mil) need new deals/replacement. that leaves 6-8 mil to potentially go after a "big fish" on the UFA market this summer.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
yesterday on l'antichambre they were all talking about how well gally is playing and how impressed they were
They also spoke about how bad DD has been playing and needs to pick it up

Then PJ playing devils advocate
"what if your favourite player DD continues to play like this and Gally continues to get better, does DD get bumped"

The reaction especially from Gaston was priceless, "calm down he hasnt been playing that well, we cant compare the two, no no lets not get ahead of ourselves"

Completely ********
When a possible reality sank in it hurt them that their little chou chou could possibly lose his spot if he doesnt pick it up

It was amusing
To be fair to Therrien (that I dislike, like all the other bozos there), he also defended PK.
When they all agreed that PK was making the team better, PJ threw the idea out there that what if this kid makes the rest of the team worse, because he's a distraction and screws every thing up, and Therrien told him to relax again.

I know these guys have to make a show, so they have to come up with subjects and can't always agree on everything. But damn, sometimes it's just too much.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
All PJ does is criticize the Habs no matter what. If someone says something positive he twists it into a what if questions to make it negative. And after he is done saying something negative he looks around to see if there any reactions...i have no clue what is wrong with the guy its like he is doing it all for show. I understand they all need to try and create drama and make a better show but its so obvious on his part.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
All PJ does is criticize the Habs no matter what. If someone says something positive he twists it into a what if questions to make it negative. And after he is done saying something negative he looks around to see if there any reactions...i have no clue what is wrong with the guy its like he is doing it all for show. I understand they all need to try and create drama and make a better show but its so obvious on his part.
Thats true

If DD was leading the NHL in scoring, he would say :

" look guys I know he is a local boy, and the fans at the Bell Center yelling DÉDÉ DÉDÉ DÉDÉ..... BUT ..... insert negative thoughts "

Old
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
TheGoalJudge

I think we've had more young players with "character issues" than ones without. Either we find these kids in jail or the media just makes **** up time and time again.

Kostitsyn X2
Grabovski
Ribeiro
Subban
Higgins
Price
Latendresse
Lapierre
Theodore

lol Hamrlik mafia

The only young one without "issues" was Plekanec and it's ironic because he's a mf'in gangster.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I think we've had more young players with "character issues" than ones without. Either we find these kids in jail or the media just makes **** up time and time again.

Kostitsyn X2
Grabovski
Ribeiro
Subban
Higgins
Price
Latendresse
Lapierre
Theodore

lol Hamrlik mafia

The only young one without "issues" was Plekanec and it's ironic because he's a mf'in gangster.

There's always been more 'troublemakers" among the media than our young players.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post

Kostitsyn X2
Grabovski
Ribeiro
Subban
Higgins
Price
Latendresse
Lapierre
Theodore

lol Hamrlik mafia

Markov and Plekanec are silently intimidating for media character attacks.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
PJ Stock absolutely sucks.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I just watched his interview. I swear he must say team or teammates about 110 times in 8 minutes.
At one point Pk looked like a deer in the headlights. He must now realize just how much damage he did to his brand name. The only question that was not asked was " how will you win over all the team players that hate your guts "

Old
01-30-2013, 05:02 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
At one point Pk looked like a deer in the headlights. He must now realize just how much damage he did to his brand name. The only question that was not asked was " how will you win over all the team players that hate your guts "
Not sure that he hurt his "brand" at all. He was, like all FAs, exercising his right to negotiate for the best deal possible.

In the end, he took one for the team IMHO. As far as I could see, he was entirely classy and low key, for him, during that process.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

It's almost seems like some fans want the Habs to hate PK. That's weird.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
HabbyGuy

The Ballad of PK Subban

Old
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabbyGuy View Post
The Ballad of PK Subban

I laughed and then I cried

Bring it on Subban,,,,,Bring it on!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
^^^

Old
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Sometimes I imagine an NHL locker room looks like this but replace the word "MEN" with "TEAM"

Old
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Thats true

If DD was leading the NHL in scoring, he would say :

" look guys I know he is a local boy, and the fans at the Bell Center yelling DÉDÉ DÉDÉ DÉDÉ..... BUT ..... insert negative thoughts "
PJ hates the Habs and pretty much every french canadian player. He's an idiot.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
The Ballad of PK Subban

Damn this song is actually good

Old
01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
The Ballad of PK Subban

That is awesome beyond words.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
It's almost seems like some fans want the Habs to hate PK. That's weird.
Same thing happened with Price too... don't understand it.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Same thing happened with Price too... don't understand it.
It's the "next guy will be even better" syndrome.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
JustAHabFan

RDS is reporting that PK may not even playing on the weekend. What's going on here?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
RDS is reporting that PK may not even playing on the weekend. What's going on here?
Probably just quoting MT saying he isn't sure. Unless they win handily tonight PK will be back in saturday unless he is really struggling in practice.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Speculation and conjecture.

They're assuming and implying that MT won't dress him as he's still not up to date. Not that I agree or disagree but it's a pretty standard sports journalism move.

Now we wait for the Dave Stubbs multi-part feature on Karl Subban's childhood in Haiti and his ancestors plight against imperialism. "The horror! The horror!"

Old
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
I'm so tired of "PK's teammates" to be quite honest.
Josh Gorges needs to grow up and get over himself. All this "team concept" is nice, but talent wins games. And PK is talented. So I just wish he would get over himself.

The rest of the players too.

Not everyone is from Bo-Funk Saskatchewan and grew up on a farm.

Being a leader, as Josh fashions himself to be, is not just deciding "this is the best way" and then acting like it is either my way or the highway. It is being able to deal with different personalities and fostering a team atmosphere with all those personalities.

None of us know how PK is in the locker room, but I am pretty confident in saying he's not a complete degenerate. Time for the players to accept that he'll never be from Bo-Funk Saskatchewan and move on.
Excellent post, especially the Bo_Funk Saskatchewan part. I 100% agree. Gorges as a leader should be saying Pk is a valuable member of this team and we can't wait to have him back.

Closed Thread