HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Sugar Shawn please show up.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
  #51
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
May not be anything left of Scott after round 2 with Orr tonight. Nobody is afraid of Scott..nobody... I bet Lucic goes with him, and beats him....
Raffi Torres and Kevin Bieska say hello. I'd actually say that 95% of the league would be afraid to fight Scott but I'm guessing that your referring strictly to fighters.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
  #52
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!
 
5Minutes4Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
This team does not have the raw talent to line up against a Pittsburgh or a Rangers, so they need to rely on playing an up-tempo brand of hockey to be successful.
I don't buy that for a minute. We have among the best group of 6 D-men in the game. We have a top-notch goaltender. And we have 4 lines who can all put the puck in the net that coach is not afraid to play with the game on the line.

We may not have a legitimate superstar (yet), but we have talent from top to bottom, who can play any style, be it wide open, hard checking, or defensive battle. They have each others' backs and they rarely get down when they fall behind.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
  #53
dtam83
Registered User
 
dtam83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I have zero problems with Lucic fighting. It's a part of his game and a part of the team's identity. Keep throwin' em, Looch.
this and it seems to get his entire game going. I want an aggressive lucic!

dtam83 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
  #54
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser
 
TheReal13Linseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nation's Capital
Country: United States
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 500
Props to Sugar Shawn for doing what he did last night. Exactly what I was talking about. Way to go.

__________________
My views have No Movement Clauses.
Bruins HF Board: Come for the lunacy; stay for the snipefest.
Marchand: Today's Linseman
No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there
TheReal13Linseman is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
  #55
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Orr's washed up? What league are you watching? He's still one of the best fighters in the league. Terrible player but good fighter.

Thornton definitely won't hesitate to fight Scott but I wouldn't be so sure about him chopping him down. Could happen but it's more likely that the fight will end in a draw.
I think it will look a little like Rupp. Thornton will wait til he's punched out, then pick his spots. Orr dropped him w/ a body shot. Both Looch and Thornton know how to go to the body. I sort of feel sorry for Scott. Everyone on his team is looking to him to go out and make a statement. I wouldn't be looking forward to facing Looch, Chara, or Thornton. That's a tough, tough job, man.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
  #56
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtam83 View Post
this and it seems to get his entire game going. I want an aggressive lucic!
Did anyone see Looch line up a Dman then have to pull up b/c he was going to nail Horton? And, people wonder why he just ran over Miller.

He's not the slickest.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  #57
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Raffi Torres and Kevin Bieska say hello. I'd actually say that 95% of the league would be afraid to fight Scott but I'm guessing that your referring strictly to fighters.
Torres and Bieska aren't the best examples to use, unless you're in a fight that consists of elbow-throwing or whining.

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
  #58
Tuukka Time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I sort of feel sorry for Scott. Everyone on his team is looking to him to go out and make a statement. I wouldn't be looking forward to facing Looch, Chara, or Thornton. That's a tough, tough job, man.
Don't forget McQuaid. He's rested and might have a short fuse after the loss of his grandmother.

Tuukka Time is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:59 AM
  #59
Scotto74
Moderator
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Raffi Torres and Kevin Bieska say hello. I'd actually say that 95% of the league would be afraid to fight Scott but I'm guessing that your referring strictly to fighters.
Isn't Torres the one who Quaider beat to a bloody pulp after he took a run at Ference?

I don't think he is the best measuring stick.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
  #60
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Isn't Torres the one who Quaider beat to a bloody pulp after he took a run at Ference?

I don't think he is the best measuring stick.
McQuaid absolutely fed him if I remember.

EDIT: My god what a beating. If Lucic was this merciless he'd kill someone. Jersey over head, Looch stops. McQuaid? Nope!



Last edited by Neely08: 01-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Neely08 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
  #61
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
This team does not have the raw talent to line up against a Pittsburgh or a Rangers, so they need to rely on playing an up-tempo brand of hockey to be successful. This involves a high level of emotion and intensity, which is going to lead to fights.

It's the age old argument:

"We win because I score goals" versus "We win because I make them crazy"
Things change but the Rags are about as close to a one line team that I`ve seen in some time (a fantastically talented one line but..). For some strange reason I have now seen 4 Rags games and all have left me feeling that a team who is lacking any punch outside of the 1st line is in trouble.

I don`t think that the loss of Anisimov and Prust were expected to be this apparant but it appears as though it is.

The Pens will miss Staal when it counts, playoffs.

ODAAT is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  #62
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
If Thorny fights Scott, it will look a lot like the time he fought Boogard. I would post a link/video, but I'm not sure how to do it. If someone a bit more tech savvy than I would like to do so, it would be much appreciated...but in that fight, Thorny used his brute strength to keep Boogard at bay and push him into the boards. Thorny might not be as tall as a lot of guys that he fights, but he is as strong as anyone.

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
  #63
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Thornton will be fine... He needs to stop thinking he is a finesse player and get back to making the safe plays...
This.

He has to remember what kind of player he is and what keeps him on the roster.

He must play in straight lines. Dump puck, get puck and/or hit a guy. Stand up for his team mates. Any points he gets are strictly bonus points.

The whole fourth line needs to be reminded of this from time to time but I think Thornton gets into the "I'm skilled" frame of mind more often than the other two.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
  #64
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
McQuaid absolutely fed him if I remember.

EDIT: My god what a beating. If Lucic was this merciless he'd kill someone. Jersey over head, Looch stops. McQuaid? Nope!

I remember fans around the NHL applauding that fight, no, beatdown

Torres isn't a tough guy. He's a dirty, cheap-shotting POS.

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
  #65
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Disregard post...

11MilesPerJohan is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
  #66
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,713
vCash: 500
^^That kid in the jersey at the :58 second mark.

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
  #67
Tuukka Time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
^^That kid in the jersey at the :58 second mark.
The boobs just before that at :55 are pretty good too.

Tuukka Time is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
  #68
8Neely8
Registered User
 
8Neely8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Orr's washed up? What league are you watching? He's still one of the best fighters in the league. Terrible player but good fighter.

Thornton definitely won't hesitate to fight Scott but I wouldn't be so sure about him chopping him down. Could happen but it's more likely that the fight will end in a draw.
Umm....I think Im watching the same league you are...and yeah, Orr is washed up...

This is the same guy who cleared waivers (no one wanted to touch him with a ten foot pole) and spent extensive time in the minors last year...If he was one of the best at his trade, why would this have been the case?!

Oh let me guess, no one wanted him last year because he was concussed? ...but wait, how could that have happened in the first place..after all he's one of the best fighters in the league...hhmmm strange.

...This guys has been smacked silly by many guys in the league (see Shelley, Engelland, MacIntyre, Parros etc etc) and is one solid right away from exiting the NHL for good....

8Neely8 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
  #69
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
The boobs just before that at :55 are pretty good too.
Doesn't hurt!

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  #70
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
McQuaid absolutely fed him if I remember.

EDIT: My god what a beating. If Lucic was this merciless he'd kill someone. Jersey over head, Looch stops. McQuaid? Nope!

I never get tired of seeing this play. Good for McQuiad I bet the Refs were glad that Torres got his azz whipped. They kind of waited to the very last to break it up.

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
  #71
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 11,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Neely8 View Post
Umm....I think Im watching the same league you are...and yeah, Orr is washed up...

This is the same guy who cleared waivers (no one wanted to touch him with a ten foot pole) and spent extensive time in the minors last year...If he was one of the best at his trade, why would this have been the case?!

Oh let me guess, no one wanted him last year because he was concussed? ...but wait, how could that have happened in the first place..after all he's one of the best fighters in the league...hhmmm strange.

...This guys has been smacked silly by many guys in the league (see Shelley, Engelland, MacIntyre, Parros etc etc) and is one solid right away from exiting the NHL for good....
I've got Orr 3-0 in fights this year,no better or worse than 2 years ago.

BNHL is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
  #72
8Neely8
Registered User
 
8Neely8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
I've got Orr 3-0 in fights this year,no better or worse than 2 years ago.
I would say 1-win (vs Rupp) and 2-draws...at best...

8Neely8 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  #73
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 11,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Neely8 View Post
I would say 1-win (vs Rupp) and 2-draws...at best...
Even that ain't bad but I got him beating both those guys late.

BNHL is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
  #74
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Torres and Bieska aren't the best examples to use, unless you're in a fight that consists of elbow-throwing or whining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Isn't Torres the one who Quaider beat to a bloody pulp after he took a run at Ference?

I don't think he is the best measuring stick.
Huh?

WBC8 said no one.... no one is afraid of Scott. I listed two guys who were afraid to fight him in the playoffs in 2011. I then said, you're likely just talking about fighters (ie Heavyweights) not everyone in the league. I guess I should've used one of these .

BTW Artemis, Bieska is likely a better fighter than 80% of the players in the NHL. Just cuz he's d-bag doesn't mean you have to make **** up about him.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  #75
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Huh?

WBC8 said no one.... no one is afraid of Scott. I listed two guys who were afraid to fight him in the playoffs in 2011. I then said, you're likely just talking about fighters (ie Heavyweights) not everyone in the league. I guess I should've used one of these .

BTW Artemis, Bieska is likely a better fighter than 80% of the players in the NHL. Just cuz he's d-bag doesn't mean you have to make **** up about him.
“If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal." Bieksa on Scott.

JMiller is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.