HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Loktionov (LAK) officially asked to be traded

Old
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
From a Leaf standpoint... I think of the players that I'd be prepared to offer, and it's guys like Holzer, Fraser, Colborne, Ashton...

Realistically, we'd be trading for him because we've got 3 left wingers who are hurt, and we could either stick him there, or put Kadri on the wing.

But, then I look at what other teams (who are in need of a depth centre) would be prepared to offer, and realistically, there's no reason to deal with Toronto.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
No. Holzer is NHL ready and one of Toronto's only stay at home type defenceman. As soon as the logjam on the Leafs blueline gets sorted out, he will be a mainstay. We don't need anymore small 3rd line centerman - not right now.

I'm also curious to know why Toronto gives the better pick? I'm assuming you're a Leafs fan - can you explain why your evaluation of Holzer is so low?
I won't assume his reasons but to me lokti is a more nhl ready player. Imo he would have the better shot to making the teams Holzer wouldnt make the kings yet.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I think Dubynk did better at showcasing himself than. Is that a fair statement?
Not to me Bernier was only given the one game and he couldnt be blamed for the breakway goal or any of them really in my mind. I do agree dubynk raised his stock in that tournment. I just think Bernier didnt get the opportunity due the fact dubnyk was just given his opportunity and the coach went with the winning goalie. Most of the games split the goalie in the frist two with the guy starting the second having the better shot to stick as number one due to him being hotter with the win in it.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
From a Leaf standpoint... I think of the players that I'd be prepared to offer, and it's guys like Holzer, Fraser, Colborne, Ashton...

Realistically, we'd be trading for him because we've got 3 left wingers who are hurt, and we could either stick him there, or put Kadri on the wing.

But, then I look at what other teams (who are in need of a depth centre) would be prepared to offer, and realistically, there's no reason to deal with Toronto.
I had forgotton that earlier this year the kings and leaf fans in a thread agreed to trade ashton to the kings for loktionov straight up not sure if they would still do the trade but it was agreed to earlier

Old
01-30-2013, 06:16 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I won't assume his reasons but to me lokti is a more nhl ready player. Imo he would have the better shot to making the teams Holzer wouldnt make the kings yet.
Fair point, but assuming that the Leafs retain all of their D prospects, our blueline will consist of guys like Phanuef, Rielly, Gardiner, and Blacker in 2 or 3 years - who's going to play defence?

Holzer and I suppose Finn and Percy (though the latter pair are 2 - 3 years away from being NHL ready) are going to be necessary pieces. Maybe we could follow the Oilers mold and dress 18 forwards and a couple of b-grade goaltenders? The good news is that we already have the goaltenders...

Edit: I don't see the Leafs keeping Liles or Komisarek beyond their current contracts. Franson and Gunnar seem to be our only "moveable" defenceman who would hold any value in trade, and I imagine that either one or both will be moved eventually in a multi player deal for either a goaltending or offensive upgrade (though I would hate to see Gunnar dealt).

Last edited by thinkinfeller: 01-30-2013 at 06:29 PM.
thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Loktionov + Bernier for Niño?
Pass from NYI.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:21 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think lokti can do wing, he tried in LA but our break outs and our attack is not his style. We do dump and chase usually play perimeter. I see Lokti achieving in more of a run and gun style. His talents didn't fit our system which is sad, but its the truth. He can play center or wing maybe, but he will shine in a run and gun offense that does break out passes tape tape and use the slot effectively. A player like lokti playing perimeter is just not going to get results. I think he can be a really good player, just didn't fit in our system and really have the chance he should. Our system doesn't really help the talented players, sorta contains them. Kopitar first season goals were amazing now he just sticks to the perimeter, sorta ruined his offense. Point being, take Loktionov's king record with a grain of salt because thats not him. Just look at Purcell and Moulson. traded for scraps, played like **** on the kings, now they are doing pretty good. Loktionov is gonna be one of those kids.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think lokti can do wing, he tried in LA but our break outs and our attack is not his style. We do dump and chase usually play perimeter. I see Lokti achieving in more of a run and gun style. His talents didn't fit our system which is sad, but its the truth. He can play center or wing maybe, but he will shine in a run and gun offense that does break out passes tape tape and use the slot effectively. A player like lokti playing perimeter is just not going to get results. I think he can be a really good player, just didn't fit in our system and really have the chance he should. Our system doesn't really help the talented players, sorta contains them. Kopitar first season goals were amazing now he just sticks to the perimeter, sorta ruined his offense. Point being, take Loktionov's king record with a grain of salt because thats not him. Just look at Purcell and Moulson. traded for scraps, played like **** on the kings, now they are doing pretty good. Loktionov is gonna be one of those kids.
Moulson was just not offered a countract wasn't he?
I will always followBoyle Moulson and Purcell. I was pumped about what I thought they were going to be bringing to LA.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
palindrom

is he a locomotive?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Dont really remember but people should take all of the kings young players cause they end up doing good on other teams, its a fact. I think that fact in itself should make a deal more sweeter. When we let go of boyle everyone was like "eh", purcell "eh", moulson "eh". lol history will repeat itself.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Can he play wing?

Cullen Bohannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Kensu

can he play on the wing?

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Hrm, I'd like to see GMMG make a push for Lok. then next season our C depth could be:

Henrik
Kesler
Schroeder
Lapierre/Loktionov

Not sure what he's worth, though. Maybe Rodin + 3rd? idk

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
Can he play wing?
not when we tried him but who knows with a new team

Old
01-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Krishna

If he can play wing or is at least willing to try, I wonder what it would take for the Flyers

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
can he play on the wing?
Nothing ever really works in LA, so i wouldn't say no or yes, but since he is leaving LA most likely he will be a good winger .

Old
01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Center wants to be traded? Off to the Leafs!
We need a center and a goalie and LA has one of each that wants out! Here comes Dave Nonis!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:39 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Hrm, I'd like to see GMMG make a push for Lok. then next season our C depth could be:

Henrik
Kesler
Schroeder
Lapierre/Loktionov

Not sure what he's worth, though. Maybe Rodin + 3rd? idk
no and to be honest i dont see la and van tradeing with each other. I would perfer to send lokti to the east as we did with boyle molson purcell etc. If /when he becomes a break out player id perfer not to have to play against him alot. It will hurt to see him score against us.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
I do think the Urbom for Loktionov is a pretty decent deal for both sides.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
This is the second time it's happened since the end of the season.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Any chance he could be converted to a winger? Guessing not, or else LA would've tried it, but would like to hear an answer from a Kings' fan (don't know much about him or his situation outside of he's not getting the opportunity he wants and probably deserves).

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Petes2424

His chance to ever be an everyday winger is about zero. He's worth a flier depending on center depth. I wouldn't mind the Leafs looking at him but you're literally looking at a mid pick or c prospect in return. Destined for the KHL.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Any chance he could be converted to a winger? Guessing not, or else LA would've tried it, but would like to hear an answer from a Kings' fan (don't know much about him or his situation outside of he's not getting the opportunity he wants and probably deserves).
As stated above we have tried him there but he really didnt work at all. In fairness it was mostly on the 3rd line and he was playing with stoll and lewis i think not exactly the best player to use his type of talent on. He would be a decent 2nd line center on a more offensively minded team and line mates.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
He has been tried on the wing before. It never worked. But maybe a coach that isn't Terry Murray could do it successfully.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Two things:

1) sounds like exactly the kind of game Winnipeg plays. North-south, quick break out and drive hard to the net to set up open areas in the slot. Our team is bush league compared to elite teams at creating chances off the cycle but are dynamic off the rush.

2) comparable player?

Winnipeg isn't afraid to take low risk reclamation projects/cast offs. Brett MacLean, Clitsome, James Wright, Mike Peluso and Miettinen were all snagged off waivers alone. Not to mention Wellwood was darn near out of the league before last fall.

Machachek and a 3rd is the highest I'd go though. If he was a sure fire top sixer already there'd be a gold rush to get him...or so I'm assuming...

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote