HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Should the Toronto Maple Leafs "Blow it up"?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Habsoil

vCash: 50
Didn't Toronto blow it up about 20 odd years ago and have been trying to put it back together ever since?
Seriously, what do they have other than Reilly that anyone would want, pointless thread!

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
Didn't Toronto blow it up about 20 odd years ago and have been trying to put it back together ever since?
Seriously, what do they have other than Reilly that anyone would want, pointless thread!
Kadr? Reimer? Frattin? Seriously, the Leafs have had a lot of contribution from very young players thus far. This is just ignorance.

Frattin has 5 points in 3 games and was dominant in the AHL playoffs last season. He'd get more credit on a different team.

Kadri has 6 points in 6 games even though the experts on HF claimed he was "Garbage".

Reimer himself is off to a really nice start to the season.

It's getting old claiming the Leafs have no future. Stop the hater fantasy.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Probably shouldn't blow it up seeing as they have pretty much locked up the Cup for this season.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
I'm seeing they're second youngest. But anyways, you feel they should blow it up?
No, not really. Dont think that really works. We got to keep drafting and developing players. Trade away players who dont fit in to get players who do fit in. Make it a real TEAM and that can do more good for us then just relying on talent alone. I think we should look at Detroit and Boston who play a complete team based system, different systems but every player on their team know what is asked of them, what to do in every situation and the players complement eachother in a really nice way. Both teams have some really good star players, but star players who fit their style perfectly.

Boston wants to be the big bad Bruins who plays though solid 2-way hockey and when you look at their players such as Chara, Lucic, Marchand and Horton with 2-way playmakers like Krejci and Bergeron among others you get a feel that these players belong together. They personalize their team.

And if you look at Detroit who also have a clear idea on how they wants to play, a solid 2-way style more based around puck possession, creativity and who rely on players with above average hockey sense. They have Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Filpulla and up until recently a d-core with the same traits. When you hear Detroit Red Wings you think of a special brand of hockey and players who manage to play it. Their prospect pool is also filled with guys who where drafted because they had high hockey IQ, good hands and above average hockey vision. Even do they have been picking some tougher guys as well recently, guess they have lacked that in their line up.

When I look at Leafs prospects now and compare it to how it was in the past I can actually see a new direction and it looks to be in the Boston mould. A lot of gritty, hard working young guys with leadership skills and good character. But when I look at the Leafs roster I instead see a lack of all those traits. But I dont think blowing the team up will fix it, it is better for us to let the young ones develop at their own pace and slowly when they are ready graduate and become part of the new Leafs.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Kadr? Reimer? Frattin? Seriously, the Leafs have had a lot of contribution from very young players thus far. This is just ignorance.

Frattin has 5 points in 3 games and was dominant in the AHL playoffs last season. He'd get more credit on a different team.

Kadri has 6 points in 6 games even though the experts on HF claimed he was "Garbage".

Reimer himself is off to a really nice start to the season.

It's getting old claiming the Leafs have no future. Stop the hater fantasy.
I am not a leaf hater! My Dad is 74 years old and a diehard leaf fan. I would love to see the leafs make the playoffs again before my dad passes on.
Even if he lives to be 80+ i really do not see it happening.

As for leaf prospects, the only one i see being an elite possiblility is Reilly.
Sorry but not too much else interests me.

As for Kadri, i hope he continues to perform, but just think he's on a good run right now.
Him and Eller of montreal are the same, great potential but chances are neither amount to much!

Really think you should pinch yourself if you think Toronto has good assets!

Old
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
I am not a leaf hater! My Dad is 74 years old and a diehard leaf fan. I would love to see the leafs make the playoffs again before my dad passes on.
Even if he lives to be 80+ i really do not see it happening.

As for leaf prospects, the only one i see being an elite possiblility is Reilly.
Sorry but not too much else interests me.

As for Kadri, i hope he continues to perform, but just think he's on a good run right now.
Him and Eller of montreal are the same, great potential but chances are neither amount to much!

Really think you should pinch yourself if you think Toronto has good assets!
I do think the Leafs have good assets. And I do think other teams would like to get their hands on the Leafs young players. I think Mike Gillis would love to get Kadri in Vancouver.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
I do think the Leafs have good assets. And I do think other teams would like to get their hands on the Leafs young players. I think Mike Gillis would love to get Kadri in Vancouver.
Seriously? Why would vancouver want Kadri?
Vancouver needs to get tougher to play against, Kadri adds nothing to Vancouver.
Reilly on the other hand could probably fetch a kings ransom. Maybe even luongo

Old
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Leafs sort of young core is pretty limited. Moving older pieces for younger guys makes sense right now.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I can't speak for Gillis but I don't think Kadri would be the main target as Vancouver needs to get bigger.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Vancouver needs to get tougher to play against, Kadri adds nothing to Vancouver.
If you've watched Kadri play you would realize he's actually a pretty physical player.

Why would we trade Rielly? Especially for Luongo? That makes no sense in the slightest bit...

Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
If you've watched Kadri play you would realize he's actually a pretty physical player.

Why would we trade Rielly? Especially for Luongo? That makes no sense in the slightest bit...
Didnt say you would, just stated thats about the only thing toronto has that would interest Vancouver.
That or future 1st round draft pics.
I sure wish Montreal could get they're hands on Toronto's 1st round pick in this draft or 2014 or 2015.
Man that would be awesome

Old
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Saskatoon

Leafs just need to be patient, yes they have been terrible for a long time but they keep getting inpatient and trading young players/draft pics

Saskatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
TheStranger

Wow these threads are getting annoying. Should <Insert every team name in the league> blow it up??

I know...eliminate all current rosters, fantasy draft time.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
No they have a fine team, missing a solid #1 C superstar but that's about it.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I can't speak for Gillis but I don't think Kadri would be the main target as Vancouver needs to get bigger.
All the media, including in Vancouver claims Gillis wants Kadri in a Luongo package.

And Kadri is very physical.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Ask Bob Mackenzie, or Pierre Lebrun.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Ask Bob Mackenzie, or Pierre Lebrun.
Neither of them return my calls! Buggers
Chances are they're dilusional leaf fans too

Old
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
I sure wish Montreal could get they're hands on Toronto's 1st round pick in this draft or 2014 or 2015.
Man that would be awesome
Don't you worry, I'm sure Montreal will have a lottery pick again this year.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
RogerRoeper*

BTw, Love the spin Kadri is untradeable and no one wants him.

The Leafs young talent isn't terrible, HF just criminally underrates it.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Rielly is like okay, but every team is either good right now or has a young asset (or multiple) that is more valuable. The Leafs future is so bleak, it will take a while before they stop being the laughing stock of the league, let alone being expected to make the playoffs every year.

They SHOULD blow it up, but the problem is they don't have much to blow up to begin with. Kessel could return something, but far from as much as Leafs fans think.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
fizban

Team age isn't really part of the equation here. If you want to restock of course you're going to have to go young, but just because you're young, doesn't mean you've restocked. What the team needs is more talent. You can ice 21 16 year olds, but it doesn't mean they're talented and that you're ready to make a run.

fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Rielly is like okay, but every team is either good right now or has a young asset (or multiple) that is more valuable. The Leafs future is so bleak, it will take a while before they stop being the laughing stock of the league, let alone being expected to make the playoffs every year.

They SHOULD blow it up, but the problem is they don't have much to blow up to begin with. Kessel could return something, but far from as much as Leafs fans think.
Yeah this is quite over the top. "So bleak"? Really? They should stay in the tank another 2 or 3 years tops.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Don't you worry, I'm sure Montreal will have a lottery pick again this year.
Man i sure hope your right, i want jones, mackinnon or druin!
Not looking good so far, but things could turn around.

Was hoping for a bottom 3 finish and hopeing to dump the ex leaf trash on some poor lost soul.
Kaberle and Armstrong, prob wouldn't get much but just to get the leaf stink off the habs would be awesome.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Yeah this is quite over the top. "So bleak"? Really? They should stay in the tank another 2 or 3 years tops.
FHM13??? Is that what I think it is? Need more info kind sir.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
FHM13??? Is that what I think it is? Need more info kind sir.
From the makers of OOTP Baseball...

Hasn't been released yet, but should come out in the first quarter of 2013.