HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla and Cory Sarich to Pittsburgh

Old
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla and Cory Sarich to Pittsburgh

IF(and that is a big if) the Flames do decide to rebuild or Iginla says enough is enough and I want to go for a championship, the Pittsburgh Penguins would really be a good fit for him with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. I think trade works well for both teams as Iginla(UFA at end of this season) gives the Pens a top winger and Sarich(has 1 more year at 2 million) gives them the toughness on the backend. And the Flames get on with rebuild, What would it take for the Pens to get both of those guys?

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
IF(and that is a big if) the Flames do decide to rebuild or Iginla says enough is enough and I want to go for a championship, the Pittsburgh Penguins would really be a good fit for him with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. I think trade works well for both teams as Iginla gives the Pens a top winger and Sarich gives them the toughness on the backend. And the Flames get on with rebuild, What would it take for the Pens to get both of those guys?
I fully expect the Pens to go hard after him at the deadline. Makes alot of sense. There's gonna be a bidding war though. #1 and Bennett..

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
hitmen19

Quote:
IF(and that is a big if) the Flames do decide to rebuild or Iginla says enough is enough and I want to go for a championship, the Pittsburgh Penguins would really be a good fit for him with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. I think trade works well for both teams as Iginla(UFA at end of this season) gives the Pens a top winger and Sarich(has 1 more year at 2 million) gives them the toughness on the backend. And the Flames get on with rebuild, What would it take for the Pens to get both of those guys?
probably a 2nd rounder

hitmen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Maatta + Harrington + 2nd/becomes a first if Iginla resigns

If Iginla is made available there will be a massive bidding war

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:08 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I fully expect the Pens to go hard after him at the deadline. Makes alot of sense. There's gonna be a bidding war though. #1 and Bennett..

I also think this will be the case, I think they get him at or around the deadline and sign him to a contract. I think Mario Lemieux will convince him to come to Pittsburgh. Wachting the Pens this year, I think they are going to struggle in the playoffs cause they get out muscled sometimes and that where Sarich will come in. I think they target Corey Perry or Jarome Iginla and I think they will go for Iginla because Perry will be very expensive or sign with the Ducks.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
algernon

Neal and a 1st, so Kenta can keep on giving!

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:55 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon View Post
Neal and a 1st, so Kenta can keep on giving!

Why would they trade Neal, they need good wingers, it would be around around their D prospect and a pick it were to happen.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Volt

Malkin or Crosby plus a 1st

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Maatta + Harrington + 2nd/becomes a first if Iginla resigns

If Iginla is made available there will be a massive bidding war
How about the Pens also pay for the new arena that the Flames want as well?

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
416Leafer

For Iginla...

I'd say it would be one of Harrington/Maatta + 1st.

They could try and squeeze out Morrow or Pouliot, I don't know how successful they'd be. Kovalchuk got Bergfors/Cormier as the two main young pieces as a comparison, so not exactly top prospects.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
How about the Pens also pay for the new arena that the Flames want as well?
Maatta + conditional first for Iginla isn't bad plus Harrington for Sarich and you are over paying to beat 10+ teams who want Iggy.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
For Iginla...

I'd say it would be one of Harrington/Maatta + 1st.

They could try and squeeze out Morrow or Pouliot, I don't know how successful they'd be. Kovalchuk got Bergfors/Cormier as the two main young pieces as a comparison, so not exactly top prospects.
Kovy also turned down a huge offer from Atlanta and it seemed as if he was leaving no matter what.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

I think i'd rather not even try to go after Iginla. he's 35 years old and anyone who gets him is gonna have to "overpay" because other teams will want him.

Whatever the pens would need to trade for him will help a lot more than what he'd bring.

a couple extra goals over the course of a season isn't going to help that much when you give up 4+ goals to the Islanders, Leafs and Jets.

Jesus Vitale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
I think i'd rather not even try to go after Iginla. he's 35 years old and anyone who gets him is gonna have to "overpay" because other teams will want him.

Whatever the pens would need to trade for him will help a lot more than what he'd bring.

a couple extra goals over the course of a season isn't going to help that much when you give up 4+ goals to the Islanders, Leafs and Jets.
It isn't just bout the goals. Regardless, he has never had a good center and I am sure he would be more then just a couple of goals trade.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
marty111

Well the Penguins have a franchise that deserves to win and sometime soon. The fans deserve more - they have put up with so much crap over the years - and even more so the players need to break out of their losing slump. They haven't won the cup nearly recently enough to be relevant in today's NHL.

With everything the franchise and their fans have put up with, I personally hope they can steal Iginla and Sarich from Calgary at a bottom bargain price.

They should do it asap.

Last edited by marty111: 01-30-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: ...better sarcasm?
marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Some Other Flame

For Iginla and Sarich?

Maatta + Harrington + 1st round pick + Conditional 1st round pick (if the Pens reach the Stanley Cup final).

That's the price. And I have to laugh at the people proposing conditional firsts based on whether Iginla re-signs or not. It's like they've never observed a trade deadline before.

Iginla, should he be moved, will generate a significant bidding war. The price won't be cheap.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
jarome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
For Iginla and Sarich?

Maatta + Harrington + 1st round pick + Conditional 1st round pick (if the Pens reach the Stanley Cup final).

That's the price. And I have to laugh at the people proposing conditional firsts based on whether Iginla re-signs or not. It's like they've never observed a trade deadline before.

Iginla, should he be moved, will generate a significant bidding war. The price won't be cheap.

For the posters demanding prospects & picks you do realize 9mil is going the Pens way right? I realize they have cap space but salary has to be coming back.

Last edited by jarome: 01-30-2013 at 06:42 PM.
jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarome View Post
For the posters demanding prospects & picks you do realize 9mil is going the Pens way right? I realize they have cap space but salary has to be coming back.

What 9 million? Iginla is a UFA at the end of the season the Pens could proably get him signed at 5 million. Sarich would be the only one with a cap hit after this season at 2 million. So it is really 2 Million plus whatever Iginla signs for, don't think it will be 9 million it would be less than that. And the Pens do have 11 million in cap space for next year.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
jarome

Quote:
What 9 million? Iginla is a UFA at the end of the season the Pens could proably get him signed at 5 million. Sarich would be the only one with a cap hit after this season at 2 million. So it is really 2 Million plus whatever Iginla signs for, don't think it will be 9 million it would be less than that. And the Pens do have 11 million in cap space for next year.
I see where you are coming from. I was calculating based on if you acquired them now, not when/if they resign.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
The Penguins are 9M below this seasons salary cap, so no, salary doesn't need to be coming back to facilitate a deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
jarome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
The Penguins are 9M below this seasons salary cap, so no, salary doesn't need to be coming back to facilitate a deal.
I never said they couldn't facilitate a deal.

In fact, I said I understand they have enough cap to pull it off, but they would be right up to the cap. Considering the cap is lowering next year, and they would still have to sign iginla and sarich afterwards I don't see why they wouldn't want to send cap back to the flames.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
I never said they couldn't facilitate a deal.

In fact, I said I understand they have enough cap to pull it off, but they would be right up to the cap. Considering the cap is lowering next year, and they would still have to sign iginla and sarich afterwards I don't see why they wouldn't want to send cap back to the flames.
If they were to make the deal now, then yes, they'd be right up against the cap. At the deadline however, 9M in space right now equates to 37M of potential space. And as mentioned by the other poster, the Pens will have 11M in cap space next season with no major raises to hand out.

In any case, the only cap dump the Pens have is Tanner Glass at 1.1M, but he'd be a throw in and wouldn't change the deal in any other way. And the Flames could retain half of Sarich's salary for next season too, if absolutely necessary.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
palindrom

"Iggy" "Iggy"

Iggy pass, Crosby shoot.......and score!!!!!!!!

a golden goal!

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
chethejet

Pens need some room for Malkin and Letang. I like Sarich but you want way to much of the Pens young D for basically two rental players. plus Iginla is no where near the player he was. I would trade a second and Tangradi and the Dman from Carolina for Sarich and Stepniak. Pens need to move Kunitz this year or next so trade him for Sarich and Stepniak and throw in a second and Bortozzo.

chethejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:26 PM
SEALBound

What is it about Canadian teams exhaustively over valuing their players?

Quote:
Maatta + Harrington + 2nd/becomes a first
Quote:
Harrington/Maatta + 1st
Quote:
Maatta + conditional first for Iginla isn't bad plus Harrington for Sarich
First of all, behind Morrow, I believe Harrington is our most valuable d prospect. He will fill a MUCH NEEDED gap and give us something we've been missing since 08-09...a shutdown dman. To get him...yeah its gonna take quite a bit. Certainly more than an aged Iginla. No offense.

Going the other way you're looking at a roster player, prospect, and a pick. TK + Dumoulin + 2nd is the type of package you will see. With the draft rules changing, I think you will see 1st's become much more valuable even in weak drafts.

2 premier Pen's D-prospects and 1 (or 2!!!!) 1st's...that is garbage and Shero would never mortgage the future for that return. Not a chance. The Iggy of 10 years ago, probably. 5 years ago, maybe. Today? No.

Given what I've seen Flame's fans wanting in return for Iggy, I believe you are going to be VERY disappointed in what you get in the event he is traded.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote