HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes recall Nodl, waive Boychuk (claimed by Pittsburgh)

Old
01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

vCash: 500
Well, 32, but close enough. All those guys--Bayda, Damian Surma, Jeff Heerema, Jaroslav Svoboda, Tomas Kurka, Mike Zigomanis. This feels like the next generation of them. We keep expecting everyone to take the next step and no one has.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Well, our bottom six has 1 combined point, so I'm sure the offensive wizardry of Andreas Nodl will improve that.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Well, 32, but close enough. All those guys--Bayda, Damian Surma, Jeff Heerema, Jaroslav Svoboda, Tomas Kurka, Mike Zigomanis. This feels like the next generation of them. We keep expecting everyone to take the next step and no one has.
While true, I at least like what I've seen out of Dalpe this year. Then again it's hard not to pick up a couple points when Skinner's scoring every game.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I do too. He only has a few assists, but the line changes made after Game 2 have at least resulted in the Staals, Semin and Skinner all scoring at near a PPG. At some point he and Tlusty are going to have to pick it up and contribute, but for now at least the team has scored 3+ the last 3 games.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Oenatzu
#DirectorOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
This is more Ryan Bayda.

Wow, he's 33 years old? I feel like just yesterday chances were dying on his stick instead of Boychuk's.
Funny that he's mentioned in this thread as he was the first thing I thought of when I saw Boychuk on the ice wearing number 18 this season. Even funnier is, though, how the hell I remember what number Ryan Bayda used to wear for the Canes.

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
While true, I at least like what I've seen out of Dalpe this year. Then again it's hard not to pick up a couple points when Skinner's scoring every game.
Still, no reason he CAN'T keep up that pace, Skinner's scoring every game, sure, but JStaal hasn't put one on the board yet. If Dalpe can stay even CLOSE to this .5 PPG pace, REGARDLESS of who he's playing with, that's a good thing, for this team AND for his development.

I like that line as well. JStaal and Skinner seem to have a thing, and while I like how Dalpe's been playing I don't think it matter who that other winger is. Let Dalpe there, show him how to produce, maybe it'll rub off and he'll be able to do it on his own.

Anton Dubinchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
bleedgreen

I hope someone takes him, and gives him a good chance. It's possible he won't be taken of course, the team taking him can't send him down so only someone who needs him now will take him.

50/50, and I'm glad if we lose him. He clearly isn't high on the priority list, whether that's deserved or not is an interesting debate that has no winner.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

Exactly. With his offensive skills and his skating ability there's no reason to believe that Dalpe can't become a legit top 6 winger. Maybe not the lofty Williams comparisons (considering that he was a 65+ point first line caliber winger pre-injuries) I saw while he was at Ohio State, but still a decent top 6 forward. And Bowman has enough offensive ability and enough defensive ability to be a good 3rd liner right now (which IMO he is).

I actually liked what I saw out of the kid PP unit when Muller realized what a cluster**** the Tlusty-Jokinen-LaRose unit was after the 1st period the other night.

The selfish part of me is hoping that Boychuk clears. The kid has the ability, and he CAN be an NHLer. But he needs a shot at the top 9 and that's not going to come this season at least. But it's also BAD news for our depth if one of Tlusty or Bowman gets injured and Boychuk gets claimed. We just don't have anyone else down in the farm capable of a top 9 role right now unless the legend that is Luke Pither is reality.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

Fun fact: I got my jersey autographed in the 2008-2009 season by everybody on the team that year (including Dan ****ing LaCouture) except Eric because he never stopped after games.

Ryan Bayda's autograph is on that jersey twice due to miscommunication between my mom and I while passing the jersey around.

Head Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
SkinnerStaal

Agree with everyone saying this hurts Charlotte more than the Canes -

He is still Charlotte's leading scorer and hasn't played there in three weeks!

SkinnerStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 05:59 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Fun fact: I got my jersey autographed in the 2008-2009 season by everybody on the team that year (including Dan ****ing LaCouture) except Eric because he never stopped after games.

Ryan Bayda's autograph is on that jersey twice due to miscommunication between my mom and I while passing the jersey around.
Well, that more than makes up for not getting Eric's signature.

On another note, I'm trying to remember what happened with LaCouture. I seem to recall I liked his play at the start but he left on bad terms somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
This can't be real. Please tell me it's some sort of meme just making fun of the typical ch.com/canes facebook user and it's not a real person's opinion.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I've never asked the guy, personally, but I'm guessing that the O is pronounced with an "umlaut" (). If that's true, then neither of the "new" nor "know" sounds would be completely correct...it's kind of a cross between the two.

My guess is that he attempted to convey that to John and/or Tripp and they butchered it into NOODLE, and when he caught wind of that, he asked them to just go back to butchering it as KNOWDULL.
it is indeed an "Umlaut". Forget trying to pronounce that (not that anyone actually cares of course). His nickname in philadelphia was nogoal, i think? he can hit though, right?

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
This can't be real. Please tell me it's some sort of meme just making fun of the typical ch.com/canes facebook user and it's not a real person's opinion.
Oh, it's real.

As is this one. SWOON!

Summer Ruutu's, well... I might have missed seeing that one.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
TheBigKahuna

Some of those Facebook comments can only make you laugh. Sometimes, it is embarrassing though.

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki here View Post
it is indeed an "Umlaut". Forget trying to pronounce that (not that anyone actually cares of course). His nickname in philadelphia was nogoal, i think? he can hit though, right?
Well he's quality defensively, which I'm perfectly fine with. Might mean the 4th line is actually getting some ice time vs Ottawa with Westgarth out of the picture if that's the case (only dude for him to fight there is Neal).

Old
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Well he's quality defensively, which I'm perfectly fine with. Might mean the 4th line is actually getting some ice time vs Ottawa with Westgarth out of the picture if that's the case (only dude for him to fight there is Neal).
Which is totally a good trade if he can get Neil to sit in the box for 5 or 10 minutes with him. Better than Neil and Nodl both on the ice...

Old
01-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Quote:
.Instead they want to go out and waste money in cam Ward instead of using the better talent by miles in the goaltending they have in the AHL level..
There are no words...

Sad King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Peters and Muse? Duh, of course they're better than Cam. You seen him play in the last four games? Brutal.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Mr America

Where is Vagina Jesus dude when we need him?

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Which is totally a good trade if he can get Neil to sit in the box for 5 or 10 minutes with him. Better than Neil and Nodl both on the ice...
Well yeah, but much like Lucic Neal isn't the type to fight a guy like Westgarth. And they don't have a John Scott or Shawn Thornton that actually would fight Westgarth.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Boychuk still hasn't embraced the grind to become the physical player they want from him. And before Dalpe is mentioned, toughness can be a two way street. Taking hits and not disappearing is just as valuable a commodity as dishing them out sometimes. I have seen Boychuk completely eliminated from games after getting hit. At this point, I would also encourage another team to give him a shot and see if he can benefit from a fresh start somewhere. He has been lapped by guys like Bowman and Dalpe here.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 AM
bleedgreen

how do we know he hasn't "embraced the grind" when he only played the first game?

he did that just fine in the minors.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
how do we know he hasn't "embraced the grind" when he only played the first game?

he did that just fine in the minors.
I know that because he only played one game. It seems like people here always take the small mystery box instead of the $100 on let's make a deal, but if a kid isn't in the lineup it's probably by design of the coaches.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote