HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Loktionov (LAK) officially asked to be traded

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 07:04 PM
  #101
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As stated above we have tried him there but he really didnt work at all. In fairness it was mostly on the 3rd line and he was playing with stoll and lewis i think not exactly the best player to use his type of talent on. He would be a decent 2nd line center on a more offensively minded team and line mates.
My bad, only read the first page.

Thanks for the answers. Still think Dallas should go after him.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
  #102
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
As a kings fan I really really want to give him one more shot. I feel like we are gonna lose him for nothing. I think he's gonna be a really good player, i remember seeing flashes of it on the rush. this is gonna be one of those bad losses looking back on it.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
  #103
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Loktionov + Bernier for NiŮo?
Gotta be more than Nino coming back.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:20 PM
  #104
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Gotta be more than Nino coming back.
The trade would never occur with the Isles but value wise, the value is there. Not sure why anything more would have to go to LA. You're basically trading Bernier and a 4th or 5th for Nino? That's a pretty fair trade.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
  #105
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Two things:

1) sounds like exactly the kind of game Winnipeg plays. North-south, quick break out and drive hard to the net to set up open areas in the slot. Our team is bush league compared to elite teams at creating chances off the cycle but are dynamic off the rush.

2) comparable player?

Winnipeg isn't afraid to take low risk reclamation projects/cast offs. Brett MacLean, Clitsome, James Wright, Mike Peluso and Miettinen were all snagged off waivers alone. Not to mention Wellwood was darn near out of the league before last fall.

Machachek and a 3rd is the highest I'd go though. If he was a sure fire top sixer already there'd be a gold rush to get him...or so I'm assuming...
Sorry i really cant answer your first two questions ill leave that to other king fans but i think the second is something the kings would want Would moller rights or halloway or kozan be enuff of a sweeter to keep it a second ?

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:24 PM
  #106
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
The trade would never occur with the Isles but value wise, the value is there. Not sure why anything more would have to go to LA. You're basically trading Bernier and a 4th or 5th for Nino? That's a pretty fair trade.
No your under estimating Loktionov alot. If u go back and read some of the offers in this thread there alot better then a 4th or 5th

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:24 PM
  #107
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
The trade would never occur with the Isles but value wise, the value is there. Not sure why anything more would have to go to LA. You're basically trading Bernier and a 4th or 5th for Nino? That's a pretty fair trade.
Absolutely, more than.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
  #108
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Waiving Hickey was sort of stupid to but if you look at the whole picture it's also a reward for players like Hickey (and possibly Loktionov) to get a fair chance somewhere else. They paid their dues in the Kings organization and were good character kids that did what they were asked for long time.

Plus with Vey, Toffoli, Andreoff, Pearson, Shore, Mersch there is still quite some NHL forward potential in the prospect pool.
I wish the NHL would expand the roster so that more jobs are created and teams get a chance to see who can play in their system. Thats not going to happen. Players get picked off waivers and become important to another teams success. Putting Hickey on waivers was a mistake because the Kings get nothing in return for a first round pick.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
  #109
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Two things:

1) sounds like exactly the kind of game Winnipeg plays. North-south, quick break out and drive hard to the net to set up open areas in the slot. Our team is bush league compared to elite teams at creating chances off the cycle but are dynamic off the rush.

2) comparable player?

Winnipeg isn't afraid to take low risk reclamation projects/cast offs. Brett MacLean, Clitsome, James Wright, Mike Peluso and Miettinen were all snagged off waivers alone. Not to mention Wellwood was darn near out of the league before last fall.

Machachek and a 3rd is the highest I'd go though. If he was a sure fire top sixer already there'd be a gold rush to get him...or so I'm assuming...
If anybody thought Moulson would be a top 6, he would gotten more than a twoway contract for league minimum from one of the worst team's in the league. If anybody thought Purcell would be as good as he is Kings would have gotten more than a rental 4th line C for him + a 3rd round pick.

Loktionov is a HELLUVA lot more than a reclamation/cast off. He is a solid top 6 prospect stuck behind a glut of veterans in LA. He is a less good defensively, more straight forward Burmistrov. Better playmakers, not quite as strong on his skates. He would be a large improvement on Wellwood right now, with plenty of upside. Think Wellwood with better vision, better shot, better defensively, harder worker.

I'd easily give CHI 2nd + Machacek. I want Machacek gone, Jets have ****ed him over way too many times, he deserves better, LA is a team that would appreciate his grit and effectiveness in the cycle game.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
  #110
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I wish the NHL would expand the roster so that more jobs are created and teams get a chance to see who can play in their system. Thats not going to happen. Players get picked off waivers and become important to another teams success. Putting Hickey on waivers was a mistake because the Kings get nothing in return for a first round pick.
Well i can see the nhl expanding next year by two teams. Doesn't help us now but that would bring 46 nhl jobs

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
  #111
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Gotta be more than Nino coming back.
I like Bernier alot but we dont need him at this point. I do agree that Bernier would fetch something more than the proposed but dont overate him his value is probably at the lowest point.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
  #112
rajuabju
Registered User
 
rajuabju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If anybody thought Moulson would be a top 6, he would gotten more than a twoway contract for league minimum from one of the worst team's in the league. If anybody thought Purcell would be as good as he is Kings would have gotten more than a rental 4th line C for him + a 3rd round pick.

Loktionov is a HELLUVA lot more than a reclamation/cast off. He is a solid top 6 prospect stuck behind a glut of veterans in LA. He is a less good defensively, more straight forward Burmistrov. Better playmakers, not quite as strong on his skates. He would be a large improvement on Wellwood right now, with plenty of upside. Think Wellwood with better vision, better shot, better defensively, harder worker.

I'd easily give CHI 2nd + Machacek. I want Machacek gone, Jets have ****ed him over way too many times, he deserves better, LA is a team that would appreciate his grit and effectiveness in the cycle game.
Most Kings fans think Moulson never got a fair shake with the Kings. There were definitely those of us (such as myself) who thought he had 2nd line potential.

Purcell, ok, I agree on that one.

As you say, Loktionov is worth more today than either of those two were at that time. i'm hoping DL can get a decent return, such as a 2nd+4th for him. Or something like that.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
  #113
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
No. Holzer is NHL ready and one of Toronto's only stay at home type defenceman. As soon as the logjam on the Leafs blueline gets sorted out, he will be a mainstay. We don't need anymore small 3rd line centerman - not right now.

I'm also curious to know why Toronto gives the better pick? I'm assuming you're a Leafs fan - can you explain why your evaluation of Holzer is so low?
It's not low, I like Holzer, But he's likely a 5th defenseman. Loktionov still has top 6 potential, Even though it may be farther for him to reach.

So the pick balances the players upside.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
  #114
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
What would his cost be from NJD

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
  #115
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Most Kings fans think Moulson never got a fair shake with the Kings. There were definitely those of us (such as myself) who thought he had 2nd line potential.

Purcell, ok, I agree on that one.

As you say, Loktionov is worth more today than either of those two were at that time. i'm hoping DL can get a decent return, such as a 2nd+4th for him. Or something like that.
I am a Kings fan, btw, as much as a Jets fan. My point was Kings never gave those guys proper shakes and they held little value round the league due to lack of chances, NOT lack of talent, which is the same case as Loktionov.

I was a huge Moulson fan, very disappointed when they released him for nothing. He's still one of my favourite players in NHL.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #116
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
What would his cost be from NJD
Someone earlier brought up Urbom. As a Kings fan, I would make that trade.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
  #117
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I wish lokti well as a kings fan. He has the skill but we re just to deep at center. I would like to see him in the east perferably. He needs to be on a offensive line to be effective. I m not looking forward to seeing him become the next molson purcell boyle ect but the kid needs a legit shot to make a team which he doesnt have now.

As for what the kings would be looking for back a simlar wing or defenseman thats stuck behind alot of depth. maybe a pick 3rd + warm body back ( lesser know prospect)
If he could play wing, I'd take a flyer on him for the Pens.

__________________
"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:52 PM
  #118
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
No your under estimating Loktionov alot. If u go back and read some of the offers in this thread there alot better then a 4th or 5th
Craig Custance tweets, that teams know he's available, but there's not much interest. You're confusing fan offers, with what gms are willing to give up.

I'm gonna guess it's because he needs a top 6 center spot or nothing and many teams either have a block at the nhl level or top center prospects of their own, that they want getting a shot before looking to trades.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:54 PM
  #119
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak View Post
Someone earlier brought up Urbom. As a Kings fan, I would make that trade.
Brandon Burlon? Same rating as Urbom but of our D group I think in a few years in NJ he'd be odd man out

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #120
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,746
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Brandon Burlon? Same rating as Urbom but of our D group I think in a few years in NJ he'd be odd man out
Frankly they're both probably odd men out, with Larsson, Merrill, Gelinas, and Severson in the organization.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
  #121
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Frankly they're both probably odd men out, with Larsson, Merrill, Gelinas, and Severson in the organization.
Severson is probably a bit too early to tell what impact he'll have

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
  #122
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
My bad, only read the first page.

Thanks for the answers. Still think Dallas should go after him.
i just saw this your welcome anytime and i agree but i wouldnt have a clue what to ask in divsion and all

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
  #123
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,746
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Severson is probably a bit too early to tell what impact he'll have
Severson shows significantly more promise than either of them ever did. Even without him, there's still not room for Urbom and Burlon. They're both good prospects, and I expect them both to be quality NHLers at some point, but both should be dealt. I'd trade either for Loktionov. A talented d-man stuck under depth for a talented forward stuck under depth.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
  #124
oilersfan87
Registered User
 
oilersfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
Loktionov + Bernier for Paajarvi + Belanger

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
  #125
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post
Loktionov + Bernier for Paajarvi + Belanger
Paajarvi's value is not that high...

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.