HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
I am confused!

Like the Josefson we believe the real Josefson can become or the one we have now that gets a lot of scoring chances but cant finish?

BTW i have full faith that Josefson will come around with points.

Because again i am not sure we need another (currently) fully defensive center.
If we do push Henrique to wing, another center, even a more defensively oriented 3rd line center, would come in handy.

And yes, I meant the current Josefson. Although I didn`t say they play the same style of game, it really could be considered a fair comparison.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:46 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
I dont recall ever seeing Loktionov play. But he seems small and from what the Kings fans say he didnt really fit there style and would fit more of a run and gun style offense.

Isnt this the same thing we say about Tedenby? I mean i know we need to add offense but it should be the right players for our style not a square peg in a round hole type player.

Unless we are going to play the game of get all the players we can and see what happens.
Believe he's better on the puck, Teddy is insanely talented but he gets knocked off the puck

Old
01-30-2013, 07:49 PM
KohoDonuts88

If we're talking small wingers, on a deadline deal if the Coyotes continue to struggle, I'd love to bring Stevie Sullivan back. He doesn't have a NTC.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
If we're talking small wingers, on a deadline deal if the Coyotes continue to struggle, I'd love to bring Stevie Sullivan back. He doesn't have a NTC.
If we got him on the cheap this would be an outstanding deadline deal. I've always liked Sullivan's game.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
hlaverty06

Loktinov for Burlon ?

Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
If we do push Henrique to wing, another center, even a more defensively oriented 3rd line center, would come in handy.

And yes, I meant the current Josefson. Although I didn`t say they play the same style of game, it really could be considered a fair comparison.
I for 1 am not for this "move Henrique to wing" thing thats started around here.

The only way i consider it is if we get a proven better center back, i wouldnt consider Loki to be that player.

I post in a thread an idea for lines once Henrique is back i thought would work well keeping him where he should be.

Elias - Henrique - Kovy - Let Elias dish to the shooters Henrique can go into the dirty areas, of course Kovy can all do what he does with those 2.

Zubrus - Zajac - Clarkson - Those 3 will grind any line to death cycle like mad men shoot and crash the net hard. If u need a shooter set Zajac up with his extremely underrated 1 timer.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

That "thing" has a reasonable argument behind it and you should at least consider its pros and cons. Just saying.

We`re not getting anyone better than him, but the fact that Elias is serviceable and the fact that we`re keeping Josefson at C is a good argument for trying it out itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Neither him or Whitney (DAL) would be a good fit, in my opinion.

That said, I really like both.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I'd love Chris Neil on the third line but we already have Clarkson

Matteau - Josefson - Neil

If Dallas is out, Jagr might be an interesting pick up. With the shortened season I have to believe he won't run out of gas.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
apice3*

Clarkson can play the second line, Neil on the 3rd. Henrique on the 1st. Stretches the depth. Nothing wrong with bringing Neil in

Old
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Just reminding that Jagr played in Czech republic, so this isn`t a shortened season for him.

It`s actually longer, since (no matter how lesser of a competition you play against in Europe) the bigger ice surface makes it tougher (conditioning) on veterans. Jagr himself said it when he first came to Omsk (KHL) in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Clarkson can play the second line, Neil on the 3rd. Henrique on the 1st. Stretches the depth. Nothing wrong with bringing Neil in
Love Clarkie, but I don`t think he should be penciled in our top6.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

jagr is an interesting idea if dallas is out of it and the devils are in it come deadline time. overall though, the best type of player to get given the style the offense is most effective at is someone who is big and strong to work the boards and down low.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
NjDevsRR

No Jagr, he was useless for Philly in the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

If Florida continues to sink would Goc be available?

Old
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
If Florida continues to sink would Goc be available?
I would think Florida will want to try to keep their core. Their problem right now is EVERYONE is hurt. Tallon spent a lot of money lately so I dont see him moving anyone significant. I can see them playing out the season, getting a good draft pick and try to have a nice season next year.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:44 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Love Clarkie, but I don`t think he should be penciled in our top6.
I thought so at first, but there's no denying his production. It baffles the mind on all level, but he's simply a factory for producing points. Somehow, someway, he's a top-6 forward. He's playing really well with Patty and I don't want to break that up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but David Clarkson is carrying our offense on his back this season.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

I like Clarkson on the 2nd line, but to have the depth to put him on the 3rd is fine too.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I thought so at first, but there's no denying his production. It baffles the mind on all level, but he's simply a factory for producing points. Somehow, someway, he's a top-6 forward. He's playing really well with Patty and I don't want to break that up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but David Clarkson is carrying our offense on his back this season.
Notice I didn`t say he shouldn`t be there and that the important part is bolded.

Ride it till it lasts. If we can get a legit top6 forward, move him down to the 3rd line where he can fly under the radar again. There`s no doubt in my mind it will benefit both sides. That said, I have no problem with him staying in the top6, at least for now. And just like you said, who would of thought, right?

Old
01-30-2013, 08:56 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
No Jagr, he was useless for Philly in the playoffs.
jagr and zubrus on the same line, imagine that puck possession. basically a wet dream

Old
01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Csonked Out

Why not just trade for Poni again, he isn't averaging more than 12 minutes/night and only has 1 goal in 6 games. I would love to see him with the Devils again!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
Why not just trade for Poni again, he isn't averaging more than 12 minutes/night and only has 1 goal in 6 games. I would love to see him with the Devils again!
That would be awesome and hilarious.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Considering Lou got him for peanuts last time... give them Tedenby and some change.

Let's get our Poni back.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

I don't see them giving up Poni until they're out of it pretty good. If they are. Would be nice to have right now though. I wanna blame Parise, but someone brought up an interesting point about the TMZ videos, and maybe he was made an example of. I find it hard to believe Lou let him walk though ''So we could give some younger players a chance'' like he said about Sykie.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Considering Lou got him for peanuts last time... give them Tedenby and some change.

Let's get our Poni back.

I never understood why we didn't resign him, we have no forward depth and he was an amazing puck possession player. He should have never left.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

It's not the TMZ videos. That's silly.

Poni's literal words were that he had heard nothing from Lou other than some blanket statement of interest.

When you're a guy whose been around the league like he has, you don't wait around for contracts. The Jets threw him some money and he got to be re-united with Antropov.
No brainer for him.

Lou didn't even touch Marty, Moose or captain-to-be Sal's contracts til his final offer was in Parise's hands.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
I never understood why we didn't resign him, we have no forward depth and he was an amazing puck possession player. He should have never left.
True, but he was probably sick of waiting (Parise situation). Can`t really blame him for that.

Closed Thread