HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
  #951
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Yeah, I desperately want Lokti. 2nd Rounder in 2014, get it done Slats.
Doesn't have to be anyone in particular, I just hope they can get a player who can play forward. Bickel gets ~3 minutes while playing his natural position. What would he get playing out of position? 30 seconds?

I would be okay with seeing Mashinter for a few games to see what he can do. Let the organization take a look at him and see what they have in him.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
  #952
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
I would like a player as active as Ferriero. That's the kind of player that will get ice time with Torts.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
  #953
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I'd be all over a Loktionov deal. The price shouldn't be cost-prohibitive. He still needs to add muscle to his frame and improve some aspects of his game, but the skill and talent is definitely there.

Also, I can understand why he requested a trade, and I don't think it is evidence of an issue with his attitude. They are a stacked team, and he really can't get a shot that he rightfully deserves on that squad. Granted, I'm not sure how much icetime he would get here, either, but this franchise should always be open to adding offensive skill and talent (as long as there are no other drawbacks to counteract that positive).

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
  #954
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'd be all over a Loktionov deal. The price shouldn't be cost-prohibitive. He still needs to add muscle to his frame and improve some aspects of his game, but the skill and talent is definitely there.

Also, I can understand why he requested a trade, and I don't think it is evidence of an issue with his attitude. They are a stacked team, and he really can't get a shot that he rightfully deserves on that squad. Granted, I'm not sure how much icetime he would get here, either, but this franchise should always be open to adding offensive skill and talent (as long as there are no other drawbacks to counteract that positive).
Woah! Where have you been!?!

And on a sidenote I agree with everything you just wrote

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:44 PM
  #955
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,785
vCash: 500
I think Lokti would get killed in this division.

And yes, good to see ya around Sting.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
  #956
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
01/30/2013 Andrew Carroll (C) Connecticut ADD Signed to PTO
2012-13 Idaho Steelheads ECHL GP36 G12 A19 PTS31 PIM45 +7
With this move I could see The Rangers either calling up Mashinter or trading with someone involving Haley. Heck, maybe even both...

BBKers is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
  #957
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
With this move I could see The Rangers either calling up Mashinter or trading with someone involving Haley. Heck, maybe even both...
hopefully it wont be Newbury or Segal getting called up they stink.... why would they trade Haley if they just signed him??? did he request a trade?? id rather have him at forward than Bickel

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
  #958
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hopefully it wont be Newbury or Segal getting called up they stink.... why would they trade Haley if they just signed him??? did he request a trade?? id rather have him at forward than Bickel
Heard somewhere he was quite disgruntled in CT and wished he had never left The Fishstix organization. Maybe going to San Jose as part of a package? One can hope!

BBKers is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
  #959
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Haley wouldn't be the easiest move. One-way deal next season.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  #960
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,684
vCash: 500
Well they really should put a waiver claim on Boychuck. Here's hoping he slips through

They really should not have Bickel on the 4th line so heck someones coming up or someones coming in via trade.......likely call up for now............Too bad Miller and Thomas are likely not ready............again Zuccarello would of made sense under a 1 way depth signing, not sure why they didnt guarantee the guy 1 yr

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
  #961
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Haley wouldn't be the easiest move. One-way deal next season.
I also would be surprised if he was disgruntled since he has a 1 way deal next yr. He was passed over for Newbury, Segal and now Ferrerio

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:12 PM
  #962
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Haley wouldn't be the easiest move. One-way deal next season.
You could be right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I also would be surprised if he was disgruntled since he has a 1 way deal next yr. He was passed over for Newbury, Segal and now Ferrerio
I found this below. DaGoon is reliably well connected here within the organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
rumor down on the farm is he isn't happy being with the Rangers and not happy at all with the system or coaching staff in Hartford.. Haley regrets leaving the islanders

BBKers is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:18 PM
  #963
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,684
vCash: 500
well i guess the Rangers could be eating a few hundred thousand having him in the minors then........with Callahan out 2 weeks I would think he is called up finally no?

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-call-ups.html

two more former Rangers on CLB. IF JAM stayed he would be a Ranger now likely , ugh

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-call-ups.html

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
  #964
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
From reading the main boards, it seems Loktionov couldn't hack it on the wing and needed to play center, which doesn't really make sense to me. If he is under sized and lacks some strength I would think he would benefit playing on the wing vs playing center.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
  #965
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
how about this guy Brian Sutherby???

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=45177


UFA? one of the better options. is only 30...former first round pick..was a teammate of Brad Richards in Dallas.. get it done..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  #966
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Sutherby is purely a 4th liner, but I would advocate picking him up. He's at least a legitimate NHLer whereas we're being forced to fill in with AHL fodder on the fourth line right now. Would probably take close to league minimum and simply provide depth for injuries and an able body. Just wouldn't expect anything more from him than 7 minutes of dump, chase and grind.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
  #967
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Sutherby is purely a 4th liner, but I would advocate picking him up. He's at least a legitimate NHLer whereas we're being forced to fill in with AHL fodder on the fourth line right now. Would probably take close to league minimum and simply provide depth for injuries and an able body. Just wouldn't expect anything more from him than 7 minutes of dump, chase and grind.
id rather have him then see crap like Newbury and Segal. they are worthless to the NHL team but valuable to the AHL team

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
  #968
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id rather have him then see crap like Newbury and Segal. they are worthless to the NHL team but valuable to the AHL team
That's basically exactly what I said.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  #969
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,900
vCash: 145
Awards:
Sutherby sucks. He works hard but that's it. Takes stupid penalties, too. He's only marginally better than Newbury at this point, if at all.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
  #970
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
That's basically exactly what I said.

i dont understand why they give guys like Newbury and Segal NHL contracts.. they dont have NHL skill

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
  #971
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Woah! Where have you been!?!

And on a sidenote I agree with everything you just wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think Lokti would get killed in this division.

And yes, good to see ya around Sting.
I went out of town, and it turned out to be for longer than I expected. Didn't have much internet access. Thanks for the kind sentiment.

He definitely needs to add muscle, BN. I just think that the guys you take chances on are the guys with a ton of skill, especially when you don't have an overly large amount of it in your prospect pool.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
  #972
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
would you do this deal??


Sharks trade Petrecki and Sheppard to NYR for Brian Boyle??


Rangers get depth... and more offense skill

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
  #973
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
would you do this deal??


Sharks trade Petrecki and Sheppard to NYR for Brian Boyle??


Rangers get depth... and more offense skill
Boyle isnt going to be dealt for "depth". And Sheppard sucks. There is no upgrade.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
  #974
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
would you do this deal??


Sharks trade Petrecki and Sheppard to NYR for Brian Boyle??


Rangers get depth... and more offense skill
No. Petrecki isn't even a guaranteed upgrade over our current defense situation and Shepard is a downgrade from Boyle.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
  #975
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
From reading the main boards, it seems Loktionov couldn't hack it on the wing and needed to play center, which doesn't really make sense to me. If he is under sized and lacks some strength I would think he would benefit playing on the wing vs playing center.
On most lines, the center sits high in the zone while the wingers work the boards on the forecheck...

Tawnos is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.